05/30 - Terrific Thursday!

What is your favorite "Best Picture" Oscar Winner from the 90s?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristina M Greer

Reaction score
Thanks! I gave it shot but gave up after a while. I tried to open the links in new pages but when I did it would occasionally go from the current page and delete everything I had already done. I'm not confident that I'm doing it right enough to keep going back.
TY that was the other thing I was trying to remember if you click the link you lose everything cuz it opened there.. that ticked me off lol... a lot :p

Reactions: dreamonjaded1

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, there's definitely an upside; but there's a danger there, as well.

The technology is still in it's nascency. What are we gonna do with it?

TBH, I don't trust mankind, at all.
Well, first of all, same with literally anything.

Second of all, it's going to happen. Might as well make an effort to get it right rather than throw up your hands. Given the benefits it'd be substantially easier to ban jokes or alcohol.

I trust mankind to be mankind. Both wonderful and terrible. Not always fun... but, on average, not too bad at all. I mean, seriously, stand on your spot 200 years ago and 200 years ago and now. You have to be pretty unlucky for life not to be better now.

Headed, unevenly and haltingly, to a somewhat better place.

(some requester is mining this thread for those "is life getting better or worse" questions as we speak)

Reactions: SherryNotShirley

charlie

Reaction score
i'm pretty sure i didn't pass that qual but i'm so tired today i don't really care. worth trying anyways.

KittyTacos

Reaction score
Well, first of all, same with literally anything.

Second of all, it's going to happen. Might as well make an effort to get it right rather than throw up your hands. Given the benefits it'd be substantially easier to ban jokes or alcohol.

I trust mankind to be mankind. Both wonderful and terrible. Not always fun... but, on average, not too bad at all. I mean, seriously, stand on your spot 200 years ago and 200 years ago and now. You have to be pretty unlucky for life not to be better now.

Headed, unevenly and haltingly, to a somewhat better place.

(some requester is mining this thread for those "is life getting better or worse" questions as we speak)

Every since the onset of the Industrial Revolution, man has done more damage to this planet. than Mother Nature has since the advent of the Big Bang.

We’re on the brink of the 6th Mass Extinction; this time, all man-made.

If we’re not very, VERY careful, Mother Nature is gonna extract revenge on us.

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
Every since the onset of the Industrial Revolution, man has done more damage to this planet. than Mother Nature has since the advent of the Big Bang.

We’re on the brink of the 6th Mass Extinction; this time, all man-made.

If we’re not very, VERY careful, Mother Nature is gonna extract revenge on us.
I don't want this to go even further downhill, but I gotta say, if you made a pie chart of "world-changing events" from the last 4 billion years, it'd have to be a damned big chart to see the line labeled "mankind."

4 billion years is a *long* time and we've been here the last .000000001%.

Status
Not open for further replies.