05/30 - Terrific Thursday!

What is your favorite "Best Picture" Oscar Winner from the 90s?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Title: Qualification survey 6 Questions | PANDA
Requester: Boram [A1LMK7TXMQ8F06]
TurkerView: [ $27.45 / hour ]
Description: This is a short survey with 6 questions for granting qualification.
Duration: 60 Min
Available: 11
Reward: $0.03
Qualifications:
  • Learningtype1 DoesNotExist
  • Location EqualTo US
[3NVVDJT9G61N4IXUL42QR9IV4WXPX9]

sarcasta

sleepy kitshark
Reaction score
Title: 10-minute study for $1.20 plus possible bonus(~ 10 minutes) | Accept
Requester: The Wharton School [ABIUW8FBC3EE7] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$16.36] [Pay=Good] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Excellent] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.65] [Fast=4.52] [Comm=3.93] [Fair=4.54] [Reviews=491] [ToS=2]
TO2: [Hrly=0.45] [Pen=1.92] [Res=0.00] [Rec=75] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=11]
Reward: 1.20
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Answer survey questions to earn money
Qualifications: Exc: [141437410-149752] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US

Took me about 5 min.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Title: 10-minute study for $1.20 plus possible bonus(~ 10 minutes) | Accept
Requester: The Wharton School [ABIUW8FBC3EE7] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$15.59] [Pay=Good] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Excellent] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.66] [Fast=4.54] [Comm=3.95] [Fair=4.55] [Reviews=484] [ToS=2]
TO2: [Hrly=0.45] [Pen=1.80] [Res=0.00] [Rec=74] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=11]
Reward: 1.20
Duration: 1:00:00
Description: Answer survey questions to earn money
Qualifications: Exc: [141437410-149752] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.12
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
Just finished it. $6.43 hourly for me.

sarcasta

sleepy kitshark
Reaction score
Title: Qualification survey 6 Questions | PANDA
Description: This is a short survey with 6 questions for granting qualification.
Duration: 60 Min
Available: 11
Reward: $0.03
Qualifications:
  • Learningtype1 DoesNotExist
  • Location EqualTo US
[3NVVDJT9G61N4IXUL42QR9IV4WXPX9]
Apparently I already have "learningtype1". I don't recognize the req at all. Hopefully that's a good thing?

Reactions: scrmcasey

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
just had to return 10 of the 11 hits I accepted. today is gonna be gooood
only had to return 1 because it was a 5 min timer and I was in the middle of a survey. AMt only has been good about the last 20 minutes for me after a bunch of nothing while I was doing something else non-turk related.

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Title: Decision-making scenario(~ 5 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Research (David Munguia Gomez) [A2MPO2KIK1IDWK]
TurkerView: [ $22.03 / hour ]
Description: We are researchers at the University of Chicago doing a research study about decision making. You will answer questions about several interesting scenarios.
Duration: 25 Min
Available: 23
Reward: $0.60
Qualifications:
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
  • Exc: [148644536-149735] DoesNotExist
  • TP Panel: -1655170301 N GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95
  • Location In US
[3R35RPFD8MHDLCE6GIOJMQD28T4P1T]

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Apparently I already have "learningtype1". I don't recognize the req at all. Hopefully that's a good thing?
Title: Listening to language: How we pronounce words | PANDA
Description: This survey consists of three tasks: 1) recording: reading a short passage 2) questionnaires about your attitudes and opinions, and 3) your impressions about how words sound when pronounced in sentences.
Duration: 180 Min
Available: 6
Reward: $8.00
Qualifications:
  • learnerA EqualTo 1
[3LE9INWSFWT9MPU6QCLR1R1PPKVM09]

this is the survey he currently has up, but the qual attached to it is learnerA

Reactions: Kristina M Greer

TimmyTurk

Reaction score

Welcome! I would definitely caution you against doing p9r Hits - some of my earliest rejections came from them without reason. If you have any questions, don't be shy!

Thank you, I do appreciate the advice. I'm already becoming leery of the p9r's. I did manage to get a rejection reversed by them. I had followed their instructions to the letter, and they rejected. I pointed out that what I did matched what the instructions said, and they reversed. Hallelulah!

ThatsNotMyName

Is it Nap time yet?
Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you, I do appreciate the advice. I'm already becoming leery of the p9r's. I did manage to get a rejection reversed by them. I had followed their instructions to the letter, and they rejected. I pointed out that what I did matched what the instructions said, and they reversed. Hallelulah!
You are lucky. I have had rejections from them for a long time. They never reversed them for me. I emailed them dozens of times.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Yeah don't do P9R, 99% of my rejections are from them from when I first started.

Ben Peterson (AFEG4RKNBSL4T) is rating people's pics for dating and social media profiles etc, easy, doesn't reject, but DOES soft block you (keeps you from working on his stuff) if you're choosing the same options constantly and/or whenever he feels like it, but it's good for #s.
Also Audiokite (A1ZEEGMU3YMZ6) is rating music, but you need to get the qualifications, which I think you can do by searching for Audiokite and selecting "show hits I'm not qualified for" and doing the qualification tasks for them.

There are other good numbers hits too but I don't think any are really up right now. Also I forget what they are.

TimmyTurk

Reaction score
Welcome! Please do not hesitate to ask any questions. Also, way back when I was a new Turker, I found a lot of answers to my questions could be found on MTC simply by using the Search option at the upper right... In particular, you can further refine your searches based on MTC Members which is helpful once you identify who are some of the more prolific workers on MTC and then you can search to see the sorts of HITs they tend to discuss or work on.
  1. Surveys are good, but after doing several thousand, they tend to get repetitive... Even the surveys which include games of some sort. Batches tend to have more variety and can sometimes pay better if you are able to do them quickly.
  2. By Turking, you will learn all sorts of interesting stuff about yourself, such as the answer to the question "How much work am I willing to do for $0.10?" ( Answer: After gaining some more experience, the answer should be no more than 30 seconds, and when you're really experienced, 10 seconds)
  3. Yes! You'll find that the biggest challenge in making more money is trying to out-compete other workers at simply acquiring HITs. At any given point in time there are 100's to 1000's of other workers trying to grab the same HITs, so don't be surprised to see a batch of 10,000 HITs disappear in less than 20 minutes, especially if more experienced workers already know the batch of HITs gives good hourly $.
  4. DON'T DO p9r HITs. They randomly reject for no reason.
  5. 1,000 and 10,000 HITs completed milestones do unlock a few more HITs and batches, but the difference is going to be pretty disappointing. What's far more important is to learn which requesters are good and which batches are good, and how to improve/maximize your hourly income with the HITs that you have available to you.
  6. If you don't have MTurk Suite (MTS) installed then do this because this will enable you to instantly see other workers' reviews about HITs before you even begin work on them, and will save you from wasting time on bad or broken HITs.
  7. Best of luck! Again, feel free to ask questions either on the forum or directly to other members by clicking on their name and then selecting Start a Conversation.
Thank you, and thanks for the advice. Every bit helps.

ThatsNotMyName

Is it Nap time yet?
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Take a 1-question survey (US-based, Amazon Prime Member) | Accept
Requester: PickFu [AI2HRFAYYSAW7] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$9.35] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Good] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.19] [Fast=4.79] [Comm=4.21] [Fair=4.72] [Reviews=312] [ToS=1]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.06
Duration: 8:00
Description: Pick the choice that best answers the question. Limited to previous PickFu responders meeting the target demographics.
Qualifications: PickFu NDA EqualTo 1; Location EqualTo US; Amazon Prime Membership In 1
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.12
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
.[/td][/tr]

Kristina M Greer

Reaction score
Title: Listening to language: How we pronounce words | PANDA
Description: This survey consists of three tasks: 1) recording: reading a short passage 2) questionnaires about your attitudes and opinions, and 3) your impressions about how words sound when pronounced in sentences.
Duration: 180 Min
Available: 6
Reward: $8.00
Qualifications:
  • learnerA EqualTo 1
[3LE9INWSFWT9MPU6QCLR1R1PPKVM09]

this is the survey he currently has up, but the qual attached to it is learnerA
I keep trying to get his quals but never seem to be able to find any.

ThatsNotMyName

Is it Nap time yet?
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey! I have a question!
So, I noticed I got an email saying "Thanks for buying amazon prime". It charged my debit card $14.99.
I never bought prime in the last 2 years.... Plus it costs more than that. Surely enough though, i have all the prime perks.
Anyone have anything similar happen?

Last edited:

Kristina M Greer

Reaction score
Did you grab the qual hit I posted a little bit ago?
No I just woke up and was dealing with zoya. but I always go through qualifeye when I first do and cant get anything of his

I did just add it to my Panda, so we will see..

Crap its purple for me.. maybe i already did the 6 screener questions

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.