05/30 - Terrific Thursday!

What is your favorite "Best Picture" Oscar Winner from the 90s?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Hey! I have a question!
So, I noticed I got an email saying "Thanks for buying amazon prime". It charged my debit card $14.99.
I never bought prime in the last 2 years.... Plus it costs more than that. Surely enough though, i have all the prime perks.
Anyone have anything similar happen?
isn't there a student or government benefit version of Prime that costs about that much per month?

I would also hover (but do not click on) the sender of the message (or expand the email mesage headers if your email program consolidates them for readability) and make sure it's not some phishing attempt trying to get you to click something in the message to send you to a site to get your Amazon credentials or install keyloggers/spyware.

ThatsNotMyName

Is it Nap time yet?
Contributor
Reaction score
isn't there a student or government benefit version of Prime that costs about that much per month?

I would also hover (but do not click on) the sender of the message (or expand the email mesage headers if your email program consolidates them for readability) and make sure it's not some phishing attempt trying to get you to click something in the message to send you to a site to get your Amazon credentials or install keyloggers/spyware.
I will double check the email out! I am pretty sure it didn't have any links in it. I will check it out again though! Also, thanks for the heads up about the student one. I had it a few years ago when it was $50, but maybe something changed.

Reactions: jan

idahofish

Reaction score
Mornin' Folks :coffee3:

Decided i needed to sleep in this morning, and then my neighbor decided that wasn't going to happen.

I feel this. Apparently my upstairs neighbor is getting a new furnace today, and I'm guessing the HVAC tech is having a hard time judging by the "I'm just going to beat it senseless" noises.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
yes, I powercycled everything a few times but still no luck
ok. don't know then. You cleared cookies and (I assume) cache and when I usually get page not respondings like one of your posts yesterday, it's my internet router going screwy and I have to do a unplug/plug back in to reset it and get things working again.

Reactions: cb456

Robedom

Reaction score
For those who use swagbucks, what's the trick? Everything just seems shady with that website.

Katia2019

Reaction score
For those who use swagbucks, what's the trick? Everything just seems shady with that website.
I haven't really used swagbucks in a while other than the swagcodes, but when I do, I only do the high paying mobile offers or sign up to free/reduced trials of stuff that I wanted to try anyway or aren't too hard to cancel before the free trial ends. I never do surveys, they are a waste of time. The old mobile app video apps became not worth it a long time ago.

KittyTacos

Reaction score

I recently joined swagbucks, but basically I'm getting disenchanted fast.

There’s a dedicated sub-reddit where some people seem to be doing ok, but I think that you have to be jumpin’ through a lot of hoops to gather any kind of substantial coin.

Might not be worth the effort, but then again I’m gonna give it a little more time.

GTR

Reaction score
Hi, I hope I'm posting this correctly. (New user). I just completed my first 10 days on MTurk, and wanted to share a few thoughts for what they're worth.
1. So far, I find Turking to be fun and rewarding. Some very interesting HIT's, some challenging ones, and some curious ones.
2. Some of the surveys are very interesting, and I've enjoyed taking part. Managed to learn some things about myself in the process.
3. Some of these HIT's disappear FAST!
4. I thought my handwriting was bad until I saw some of the p9r HIT's (smile)
5. I'm gradually making progress toward my first 1,000 (334 so far, with only 1 rejection). Hoping to open up some of the higher-paying HIT's.
6. Gotta really be alert when working the HIT's. Some of the descriptions are misleading, and some of the time allotments are way too short.
7. Glad I'm here, hello to all, and have a great day.
Welcome fellow Carolinian

Status
Not open for further replies.