05/31 - Funky Friday!

Do you eat meat?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FrenchToast

best thing since sliced bread
Reaction score
My daughter's last day is next week. They have some sort of potluck - which I would like to skip. Yesterday, fundraiser, tonight bonfire party (why??), tomorrow graduation - they want everyone to attend (nope) and then potluck party nxt week.
Sometimes, I just wish my daughter went to a regular HS with regular expectations........
Originally today was scheduled to be the last day of school, but after we got all the snow days this winter, they extended our school year. And then our governor granted waivers for some of the days because we were in a state of emergency, and they switched the last day back to today. I wouldn't have been mad if they had another week of school.

Reactions: sofaslug and jan

PandaThief

Reaction score
People of Naples/Marco island. Anything fun and interesting you would recommend there ? taking kiddos to the waterpark and beach for the weekend

Reactions: desallemands

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Originally today was scheduled to be the last day of school, but after we got all the snow days this winter, they extended our school year. And then our governor granted waivers for some of the days because we were in a state of emergency, and they switched the last day back to today. I wouldn't have been mad if they had another week of school.
Yeah, our district flip flopped all Spring with extra make up days, then not having them make up the days and now the kids here are back to their original release date - June 11th. The kids and teachers are already mentally checked out. My daughter said all they are doing is playing games and watching movies for the rest of the year. She's taken all of her art supplies to school and is just drawing in all of her classes. Wish they would just let the kids out.

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Morning, all.

Been a low key week.

Toddler has a sinus infection AND a cold and I've had a cold this week so turking has been secondary to all that fun stuff.

Hope everyone has had a productive week and made some money.

FrenchToast

best thing since sliced bread
Reaction score
Yeah, our district flip flopped all Spring with extra make up days, then not having them make up the days and now the kids here are back to their original release date - June 11th. The kids and teachers are already mentally checked out. My daughter said all they are doing is playing games and watching movies for the rest of the year. She's taken all of her art supplies to school and is just drawing in all of her classes. Wish they would just let the kids out.
Yes, both my elementary and middle school kiddos have told me they haven't done any work this week or most of last week... They finished up everything last week. Had field trips and picnics last week. This week we had a band concert, field days, field trips and picnics. They crammed all the fun into the last 1.5 weeks of school. lol

Reactions: sofaslug

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
going in

Title: Survey about the Usefulness of Interactive Visualizations (Treemap) | Accept
Requester: FH OÖ Forschungs & Entwicklungs GmbH [A38N2AUHUGX748] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$27.17] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=3.00] [Reviews=2] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 5.00
Duration: 50:00
Available: 1
Description: This is a survey to assess the usefulness of various new, multidimensional, and interactive information visualization types based on a big data wine trading sample.
Qualifications: Masters Exists ; US Bachelor's Degree EqualTo 1

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Good morning! My children's last day is Tuesday next week. From the way they have been arguing this morning, I'm not ready for summer.
I've already started loading my daughter up with hobbies for her summer. She's designing a cover for my book and I am introducing her to some quality gaming to occupy her time.

I'm a firm believer that anyone who said you shouldn't encourage kids to play video games has never dealt with their own children during summer vacation.

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
I've already started loading my daughter up with hobbies for her summer. She's designing a cover for my book and I am introducing her to some quality gaming to occupy her time.

I'm a firm believer that anyone who said you shouldn't encourage kids to play video games has never dealt with their own children during summer vacation.
I whole-heartedly agree. This fall I'll finally have all 4 in school, so I fully expect this summer to be rough.

Reactions: sofaslug

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
So, I had another one of those infinite loop dreams where I kept waking up inside of another dream. This one was different because I was waking up in different moments in time, but all in my current bedroom. Like I woke up to my sister being a kid and jumping on my bed. Then I woke up and my high school friends were there. Then an ex girlfriend. Then no one. Then no furniture. Then my pictures were sideways. Then they were upside down. I started getting mad at this point, because I knew I was dreaming the whole time. So, I started slapping myself trying to wake up. Which worked apparently. Or did it?

I mean, good morning.

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
So, I had another one of those infinite loop dreams where I kept waking up inside of another dream. This one was different because I was waking up in different moments in time, but all in my current bedroom. Like I woke up to my sister being a kid and jumping on my bed. Then I woke up and my high school friends were there. Then an ex girlfriend. Then no one. Then no furniture. Then my pictures were sideways. Then they were upside down. I started getting mad at this point, because I knew I was dreaming the whole time. So, I started slapping myself trying to wake up. Which worked apparently. Or did it?

I mean, good morning.

Reactions: mboone73

cassius

Reaction score

I mean, good morning.
must have been rain on the tin roof.

Reactions: mboone73

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Title: Bargaining Game(~ 5 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Judith [A1FRTGKEV1IOXV]
TurkerView: [ $14.82 / hour ]
Description: This psychological study simulates financial bargaining situations.
Duration: 30 Min
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications:
  • Exc: [-1693964155-149486] DoesNotExist
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95
  • Location In US
[3SFRD5IA608WF4ELR8UQERBZVD3BFU]

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Title: Survey: Challenging Interactions in the Workplace (~15 min) | PANDA
Requester: MWIT [A2TWYLY6SRDV86]
TurkerView: [ $17.91 / hour ]
Description: Fill out the survey that asks your thoughts on and experiences of interacting with others in the workplace.
Duration: 120 Min
Reward: $1.95
Qualifications:
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95
  • Challenging Interactions DoesNotExist
  • Location EqualTo US
[3OUUO7TL3YELB29LIFC84IQ2RKKEHY]

alk69

Reaction score
going in

Title: Survey about the Usefulness of Interactive Visualizations (Treemap) | Accept
Requester: FH OÖ Forschungs & Entwicklungs GmbH [A38N2AUHUGX748] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$27.17] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=3.00] [Reviews=2] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 5.00
Duration: 50:00
Description: This is a survey to assess the usefulness of various new, multidimensional, and interactive information visualization types based on a big data wine trading sample.
Qualifications: Masters Exists ; US Bachelor's Degree EqualTo 1
These people used to call themselves USIVIS. I've done 4 HITs in the past from them and they paid although I was certainly unsure. All big data and different. They also used to pay 10.00. I've not tried this one. Mostly 'cause I take exception to requesters who cut the pay for the work. There is doubt in my mind for this. It would be easy to screw it up, especially if you try to speed thru it. Don't like the timer, either. But that's just slow-ass me. Do at your own risk... and get paid less.

I should add that I would do it if it was 10.00 as they once were. These charts can be picky-ass stuff and problematic to read. And you need to take time over it. Anything I'm not positive about I consider chancy.. And I want to be paid fairly for that risk.

Last edited:

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Yes, both my elementary and middle school kiddos have told me they haven't done any work this week or most of last week... They finished up everything last week. Had field trips and picnics last week. This week we had a band concert, field days, field trips and picnics. They crammed all the fun into the last 1.5 weeks of school. lol
I'll have to be sure to send this info to my local school district!

They are spending millions of dollars to extend the school year for some schools with poorly performing students 10 days -- starting the 2019-2020 school year 10 days early -- and many in the city are wondering why because they say the first 10 days will probably be wasted instead of being used as useful educational days and will 10 extra days in the school year actually help the performance of the kids?

Your info seems to indicate a lot of waste and non-education can happen in about 10 days. :wink:

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
These people used to call themselves USIVIS. I've done 4 HITs in the past from them and they paid although I was certainly unsure. All big data and different. They also used to pay 10.00. I've not tried this one. Mostly 'cause I take exception to requesters who cut the pay for the work. There is doubt in my mind for this. It would be easy to screw it up, especially if you try to speed thru it. Don't like the timer, either. But that's just slow-ass me. Do at your own risk... and get paid less.
Thanks for the info. I may have lucked out -

I had $20 bucks of work drop in my lap right after I accepted this HIT, and this one is gonna be returned... although I'll take the other $20 in this moment ! Returning

Status
Not open for further replies.