05/31 - Thankful N' Thoughtful Thursday!

Have you voted for Crowd Pleaser yet? https://goo.gl/WFo2tz

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

jan

Reaction score
For those of you that have kids...what do you do in my spot?

I really really want this fucker out of my house yet daughter that is 8 months pregnant complicates matters cause I know GF is not going to let me kick them out with her being that pregnant.

I just feel like I have to bite my tongue in my own house to someone I can't stand and it's driving me nuts.
Is he paying room and board? Is he helping with chores? I'd make a list and give it to him. Either help out or leave. He's not pregnant. If she goes - honestly, it's her choice. She knows he needs to do something productive.

ZongLopez

Reaction score
I'm still upset about wasting my morning fooling around with that $7 hit and all the problems associated with it.
PE: $0.55

On a lighter note I just saved a turtle that somehow got into our fenced area. :turtle:
The turtle is happy! I got an email back about the hit. I'm waiting up for a follow up email. I think they will send makeup hits for those that did not have enough time to complete the hit because of the technical problem.

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Is he paying room and board? Is he helping with chores? I'd make a list and give it to him. Either help out or leave. He's not pregnant. If she goes - honestly, it's her choice. She knows he needs to do something productive.
Actually yea they do, do chores and they pay 200 a month which is nothing but I'd gladly trade that to not deal with him.

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
So you think I should just lay it down...they go or I go?
Honestly, yes. I would talk to your gf about it first though. Let her know exactly how you feel and what it is doing to your peace of mind. She might not listen, but at least you gave her the opportunity. Then make a decision to talk with your step-daughter and her boyfriend. If you don't take care of this now, it will only get much worse when the baby does come into the picture.

jan

Reaction score
Actually yea they do, do chores and they pay 200 a month which is nothing but I'd gladly trade that to not deal with him.
Then come up with a plan for them to move out. They are both working towards that, anyway. (She in Oct. he sooner). Just make it concrete. BTW, I assume she's welcome back if it all falls apart
(but he's not....right?)

Reactions: ChristopherASA

rsv777

Reaction score
Yep. Remove them or remove yourself, but something needs to change.
Yup, that kid sounds like bad news, nothing good will come of this.You have way more patience than I could have in this situation.

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Then come up with a plan for them to move out. They are both working towards that, anyway. (She in Oct. he sooner). Just make it concrete. BTW, I assume she's welcome back if it all falls apart
(but he's not....right?)
Pretty much...the problem is my GF babies her daughters and theres nothing I can do to change that. She hates this guy too but any conversation is generally met with " no time frames or ultimatums until after the baby comes"

Stacy B

Ask me about Horse Racing. Please.
Contributor
Reaction score
I understand that, not sure I'm prepared to possibly throw away my 8 year relationship though.
I apologize if this comes off as harsh, but I don't feel like you're the one throwing the relationship away here.

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yup, that kid sounds like bad news, nothing good will come of this.You have way more patience than I could have in this situation.
I really don't I'm only dealing with it now because his behavior says their relationship won't make it through this baby...and I don't want to lose my really good relationship over it.

Reactions: rsv777

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score
The turtle is happy! I got an email back about the hit. I'm waiting up for a follow up email. I think they will send makeup hits for those that did not have enough time to complete the hit because of the technical problem.
Yeah, I haven't heard back since I told them I finally completed the full task. I gave them all the information I could, so hopefully we hear back soon. After all this crap the hourly pay on that thing is total garbage, but I still want my seven bucks.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Pretty much...the problem is my GF babies her daughters and theres nothing I can do to change that. She hates this guy too but any conversation is generally met with " no time frames or ultimatums until after the baby comes"
With those rules in place you could compromise and say you need to move out on x date (say a month after babycomes) or somethign like that. Obviously it would need to be a serious discussion with the GF, then with the kids, but that's the end of my advice.

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
With those rules in place you could compromise and say you need to move out on x date (say a month after babycomes) or somethign like that. Obviously it would need to be a serious discussion with the GF, then with the kids, but that's the end of my advice.
I'm right there with you...our other kids can't stand him either. I've pointed out that if we let this guy live here when he causes problems for them that makes us bad parents.

rsv777

Reaction score
I really don't I'm only dealing with it now because his behavior says their relationship won't make it through this baby...and I don't want to lose my really good relationship over it.
You're in a tough spot my friend, but relationships are a two way street, she should see what it's doing to the family, boot that SOB out!

Status
Not open for further replies.