05/31 - Thankful N' Thoughtful Thursday!

Have you voted for Crowd Pleaser yet? https://goo.gl/WFo2tz

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

rsclone

This is my partner Fellatio Del Toro
Banned
Reaction score
Today's Assigned HITs 5 $13.54
Today's Submitted HITs 1 $4.00

I've worked 4 hours in the last week....how is it that I've already done every high paying HIT I catch today???? lol

Butter

in the ref
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Survey of work interests, personality, and cognitive ability | Accept
Requester: Daniel Nguyen [A278M2ZKXNBETW] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=3.80] [Fast=4.45] [Comm=4.02] [Fair=4.81] [Reviews=149] [ToS=1]
Reward: 2.00
Duration: 7200
Available: 1
Description: This is a survey about your level of interest in a variety of work activities, personality, and cognitive ability.
Qualifications: Motivation Test Pilot 1 Completed DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 80; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.5
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
So in the chronicles of my step daughter and her dumbass boyfriend...yesterday he refused to go to lamas classes with her or any baby classes at all.

'What do I need to go to that for? I don't need to fucking do that" So now my GF is going with her...mind you he doesn't want any of us in the room with her when she's having the kid. Yet he does nothing to help...this is great.

Also it's funny to get them separate daughter wants to live here till at least October because she feels like she needs help with the baby needs experience etc etc...He wants to move as soon as possible probably because he knows he may have to do something other than tell her to do it in front of us...then together she just agrees with him.
I don't have any advice about whether to kick them out or not but boyfriend has zero say on who is or isn't in the delivery room. In fact, he doesn't even actually have a right to be in there; she can kick him out and there's absolutely nothing he can do about it. might want to see if your girlfriend can remind her of that (I say your girlfriend and not you because it seems like she'll take it better from her mom)

Maria Tortilla

Dave Grohl is my spirit animal
Contributor
Reaction score
I really don't I'm only dealing with it now because his behavior says their relationship won't make it through this baby...and I don't want to lose my really good relationship over it.
You never know how long people will last in a relationship. I set my sister up with a total dweeb 16 years ago and they've been married 8 years now and I still have to put up with him on a regular basis.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
ffs I just paid to have my computer fixed about 3-4 months ago and now I'm getting a 'Windows detected a hard disk problem' error. wtf is it now?! ugh

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
For those of you that have kids...what do you do in my spot?

I really really want this fucker out of my house yet daughter that is 8 months pregnant complicates matters cause I know GF is not going to let me kick them out with her being that pregnant.

I just feel like I have to bite my tongue in my own house to someone I can't stand and it's driving me nuts.
If I'm understanding this correctly, your pregnant daughter has a shitty boyfriend who is the father of the baby... and they are in your house now?

I hate to be the depressing realist...

but if he's the father of your grandchild... he's family now. kick him/them out now, they'll be back ... or in a worse position...

and i'm not saying this is RIGHT. Its shitty. Its the worst thing ever. but its just the way it is. Thats how family works.

Take comfort in knowing that its not just you. There are millions of fathers everywhere who have daughters that got knocked up by deadbeats and they have to foot the bill cause... family

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score

GoldenTemple

Serial Liker
Contributor
Reaction score
ffs I just paid to have my computer fixed about 3-4 months ago and now I'm getting a 'Windows detected a hard disk problem' error. wtf is it now?! ugh
Probably a hardware problem at that point. Sounds like your hard drive is broken. I would back up everything you can onto a thumb drive just in case. If your hard drive is faulty it could fully break at any time and youll lose everything on your computer if you dont back it up. If its just the hard drive that is broken though, you can salvage your computer, just have to replace the hard drive with a new one and your computer should be good to go.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Probably a hardware problem at that point. Sounds like your hard drive is broken. I would back up everything you can onto a thumb drive just in case. If your hard drive is faulty it could fully break at any time and youll lose everything on your computer if you dont back it up. If its just the hard drive that is broken though, you can salvage your computer, just have to replace the hard drive with a new one and your computer should be good to go.
well shit. is that hard to do? I know basically nothing about computers. and...how pricey are we talking?

Reactions: 4ourfuture

FireMonkey

Reaction score
For those of you that have kids...what do you do in my spot?

I really really want this fucker out of my house yet daughter that is 8 months pregnant complicates matters cause I know GF is not going to let me kick them out with her being that pregnant.

I just feel like I have to bite my tongue in my own house to someone I can't stand and it's driving me nuts.
I'm a parent of two, and have been through my share of bad bfs before my daughter got a good one. This sounds like an impossible situation! It's really hard to see solutions when you're in the middle of something this difficult, so it sounds like it would help to involve an objective party: mediator/family therapist/counselor. You might have to do it without the BF, considering he won't attend lamaze classes (what dad refuses to attend a lamaze class??) unless you give him an ultimatum. But even if he won't participate, it could still help the rest of you to sit down with a professional, who can help you all get your cards on the table with each other and provide an objective viewpoint. I know that can be expensive, but if you can manage it, it would be worth it!

Reactions: ChristopherASA

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If I'm understanding this correctly, your pregnant daughter has a shitty boyfriend who is the father of the baby... and they are in your house now?

I hate to be the depressing realist...

but if he's the father of your grandchild... he's family now. kick him/them out now, they'll be back ... or in a worse position...

and i'm not saying this is RIGHT. Its shitty. Its the worst thing ever. but its just the way it is. Thats how family works.

Take comfort in knowing that its not just you. There are millions of fathers everywhere who have daughters that got knocked up by deadbeats and they have to foot the bill cause... family
Greatness....ugh!

Reactions: thedorchannel

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Yep. Remove them or remove yourself, but something needs to change.
I have a family member who treats me very well, but has nothing nice to say about his own children or grandchildren. Always complaining about one thing or another with them. Constantly bailing them out of trouble, loaning them money, giving them places to stay or "help" in one way or another, but then also saying how unhappy he is with them. Every week is another calamity. I have to wonder if he's actually complaining just to make conversation, and he really enjoys the way things are? There's always a choice. You're in charge of your own life and your own happiness. If it's not going well, make a change. I feel for my family member, that he's not proud of his life and his accomplishments and his family. But he's the only one in charge of that. He either needs to change the situation, or change his mindset. I also try to remind him that there are multiple sides to every story, multiple struggles in every conflict, and an infinite number of possible solutions. :shrug:
Sorry no direct helpful advice, Mecca @Mecca , but don't be my family member and continue being unhappy. :sunflower:

Status
Not open for further replies.