06/01 - White Tea Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
This has to do with people being hacked on the program/application they use, TeamViewer.

That letter on their front page is really a big "F You" to people who use it:

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/company/press/statement-on-potential-teamviewer-hackers/

What?

TeamViewer is appalled by any criminal activity; however, the source of the problem, according to our research, is careless use, not a potential security breach on TeamViewer’s side. Therefore TeamViewer underscores the following aspects:
  1. Neither was TeamViewer hacked nor is there a security hole
  2. TeamViewer is safe to use and has proper security measures in place
  3. Our evidence points to careless use as the cause of the reported issue
  4. A few easy steps will help prevent potential abuse
Wow! What dicks!

Reactions: Ghost Awakening

SpookyMyers

"Enjoy the time you have in the meat puppet."
Contributor
Reaction score
Physical labor? That's kinda crazy. I hope it's all worth it in the end.
Yeah. Old people die or get moved to homes, realtor takes on house and contents. I deal with contents. Getting everything ready for an online estate sale. Lots of lifting and boxing and cleaning. It's like moving, but worse.

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score
Vanyanka @Vanyanka I've been doing physical labor... What the hell? The auction biz kinda sorta sucks. We shall see after this one closes if my cut is worthwhile.
auction biz is hard work unless you have a big organization behind you. Hope its worth the time you put in.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
Peachy @PeachyRider, I think you have your answer. You just have try your best to accept it. I didn't want to be the person to tell you this. On the bright side, it seems you are getting some closure (which is something that not many get after a break-up.) Chin Up! Just keep working on YOU!
You're right. This is bullshit, tbh.

SpookyMyers

Contributor
Reaction score
auction biz is hard work unless you have a big organization behind you. Hope its worth the time you put in.
It's not a big biz but getting bigger. He was a regular auctioneer (as well as realtor) and recently started online auctions and brought me on. It's hard, sweaty work, for sure. At this point is be happy to see a $10/HR return on my time. Because when I'm doing it, I'm working the whole time. Unlike turking, where I may average $7 an hour when I'm working but also screwing off a good portion of time.

Reaction score
Wow! What dicks!
The company nor the security team take any responsibility. I hope that many users decide to use a different company.

The situation probably leaves a sour taste in your mouth. Don't let it consume you. Just be a decent person and move forward. I'm not saying that you're not a decent person. I'm trying to say, "let it go and keep pushing forward."

Reactions: Peachy

SpookyMyers

Contributor
Reaction score
It's not a big biz but getting bigger. He was a regular auctioneer (as well as realtor) and recently started online auctions and brought me on. It's hard, sweaty work, for sure. At this point is be happy to see a $10/HR return on my time. Because when I'm doing it, I'm working the whole time. Unlike turking, where I may average $7 an hour when I'm working but also screwing off a good portion of time.
Big picture, he's looking at about $500 a week to have me 2 days. But that will take some time and I'll have to figure out if that's something I'm willing to commit to until it pans out. I'm almost 40... My back hurts, my knee hurts. :)

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with consistent work for a consistent paycheck. That's how i prefer it anyway :) Hopefully you learn some stuff from the trade and add to your skills

Shuten Doge

You would feel small...like a rat. Radials
Reaction score
Im sorry man, but no good relationship ends up in a breakup. Its rough, and you feel terrible, but you have to find a way to move forward.

Reactions: Peachy

SpookyMyers

Contributor
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with consistent work for a consistent paycheck. That's how i prefer it anyway :) Hopefully you learn some stuff from the trade and add to your skills
It is very interesting. I'm very detail oriented so it's been a struggle to find the things worth looking into further and listing specially and learning to just let some things go (box lots, Ughhhhhh). I'm a long time ebayer so I'm coming from that side and regular auctioneers are coming at it from a different direction. Overall, I think we've both learned a lot from each other. Thank you, by the way. :)

Reactions: Drwho10

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
i think i might get a night job so i can at least get paid to be on the forums. since i dont do hits at night anymore

Reactions: Drwho10

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score
It is very interesting. I'm very detail oriented so it's been a struggle to find the things worth looking into further and listing specially and learning to just let some things go (box lots, Ughhhhhh). I'm a long time ebayer so I'm coming from that side and regular auctioneers are coming at it from a different direction. Overall, I think we've both learned a lot from each other. Thank you, by the way. :)
Neat. Branching out is always good you never know when you have to swap occupations or have something else to do or just break the monotony by doing something else for a bit. You're welcome.

Reactions: SpookyMyers

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
The situation probably leaves a sour taste in your mouth. Don't let it consume you. Just be a decent person and move forward. I'm not saying that you're not a decent person. I'm trying to say, "let it go and keep pushing forward."
I'm trying not to dislike her. I don't like disliking people. I just have to release this anger and forgive her and myself

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score
i think i might get a night job so i can at least get paid to be on the forums. since i dont do hits at night anymore
Idk what your skills and background is like but if you want just a general job that pays good on the nightshift with lots of downtime is working the desk at a hotel during the night hours. Plus side is if its a hotel in a big city you'll have a lot of fun stories to tell by the end of your first week (speaking from experience) :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.