06/03 - Sobering Sunset Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
Do you know what sorts of pests she is trying to get rid of?
Mainly ants, roaches, and random miscellaneous Florida things I don't know the names to lol. I used to have one of those pest things you plug into the wall and it sends signals, but I don't have it anymore and am not sure how effective they are in Florida.

in the spirit of the theme for the month, you could release a large supply of spiders in her house, as spiders are predators of many other insects
This is very true. I could tolerate the daddy long legs but any of the other demonic looking spiders would be a no-go :nope:

I'm not sure what kind of pests you're dealing with, but I tried a borax mixture for bad ants problem we had before. It basically thinks it's food and takes it back to their nest, and kills them off. It worked pretty well. I think it may work for other bugs too. You should be able to find recipes if you google Borax Ant Killer.
Thank you. I will look into this suggestion too! :)

Reactions: <Gucci>

teal4life

Why I Turk
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Scenarios about teams and groups(~ 5 minutes) | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Simone Tang [AQ74Q2Z0O5CPI] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.57] [Fast: 4.79] [Comm: 4.80] [Fair: 4.90] [Reviews: 100] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $7.07/hr] [Pen: 0.04 days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 100% of 2] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Description:
$.50 for 4-5 minutes
Time: 16 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: Exc: [1344231364-45293] DoesNotExist ; Location In US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.21.10
For team 25

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Decide if a track title is valid, if track belongs to an artist, and if the video represents the track | PANDA
Requester: YouTube Artist [A2FR7QLXNDBZ70] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.19] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 39] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
Not Available
Description: Give an artist name, a track title and a video, decide whether the track title is valid, if the track belongs to the artist, and whether the video is representative of the track.
Time: 7 minutes
HITs Available: 199
Reward: $0.08
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; Location EqualTo US;

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Decide if a track title is valid, if track belongs to an artist, and if the video represents the track | PANDA
Requester: YouTube Artist [A2FR7QLXNDBZ70] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.19] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 39] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
Not Available
Description: Give an artist name, a track title and a video, decide whether the track title is valid, if the track belongs to the artist, and whether the video is representative of the track.
Time: 7 minutes
HITs Available: 199
Reward: $0.08
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; Location EqualTo US;

Matilda Jones

Grey Ghost
Contributor
Reaction score
Mainly ants, roaches, and random miscellaneous Florida things I don't know the names to lol. I used to have one of those pest things you plug into the wall and it sends signals, but I don't have it anymore and am not sure how effective they are in Florida.

This is very true. I could tolerate the daddy long legs but any of the other demonic looking spiders would be a no-go :nope:

Thank you. I will look into this suggestion too! :)
It's not non-toxic but I found Terro traps (the liquid ones) to be super effective against ants in Florida. They're the only things we ever got to work. Our dog never bothered them and as long as the kids don't eat/touch them they're find to have in the house.

Adding: for roaches I don't mess around. We hired a pest control company because I hate those things so effing much. When you go to get a drink of water in the middle of the night and a huge palmetto bug flies at your face, you call in the big guns.

Last edited:
Reactions: sinon

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
It's not non-toxic but I found Terro traps (the liquid ones) to be super effective against ants in Florida. They're the only things we ever got to work. Our dog never bothered them and as long as the kids don't eat/touch them they're find to have in the house.

Adding: for roaches I don't mess around. We hired a pest control company because I hate those things so effing much. When you go to get a drink of water in the middle of the night and a huge palmetto bug flies at your face, you call in the big guns.
Terro is one of the things she has brought up here to help with them. I think it's helping, but I am wanting her to quit having to spray pesticide lol.

Hmm yeah roaches suck. We don't have an infestation or anything but there were some dead ones thanks to the spraying. But then again, we are pulling all furniture etc out of rooms that haven't been thoroughly cleaned in over a decade... >_> (This home was my grandmother's and it was sitting idle for a year when she was in the hospital for care before she passed, so now we are trying to get it back to normal.)

Reactions: <Gucci>

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Answer a brief survey about your interest in the Wonder Woman Movie | PANDA
Requester: R Hanna [AG92ZJ0DIGMBS] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 2.63] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 8] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $6.00/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 100% of 1] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Description:
Tell us whether you have seen or intend to see Wonder Woman and why
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.30
Qualifications: Location is US;

Reactions: Matilda Jones
Status
Not open for further replies.