06/03 - Sobering Sunset Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shockwave

Reaction score
Mainly ants, roaches, and random miscellaneous Florida things I don't know the names to lol. I used to have one of those pest things you plug into the wall and it sends signals, but I don't have it anymore and am not sure how effective they are in Florida.
I would recommend also diatomaceous earth, it's a mechanical insecticide as opposed to a chemical one. It still has a tiny risk, mostly of irritation if you breathe in a lot of the dust (but once it's settled it's fine, I recommend putting it in non-traffic areas)

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Find Email Address, Contact First Name, Contact Last Name | PANDA
Requester: Louisa [A39FDYCEJJI6JQ] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 3.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.00 Generosity
★★★★★ 3.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 1 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Given a local business name and/or website, find their Email Address, Contact First Name, Contact Last Name where no Email Addresses, Contact First Name, Contact Last Name if not found put none.
Time: 20 minutes
HITs Available: 600
Reward: $0.10
Qualifications: Masters has been granted

Might ride this one out.

Reactions: <Gucci>

MikeC44

Belt of Scotch?
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about your current romantic partner and and your relationship | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Ezgi Besikci [A2RQ4RI09G4ZFG] (Contact)
TO 1: Not Available
TO 2: Not Available
Description: You will be asked to complete a survey about personality of your current romantic partner and characteristics of your relationship with your partner
Time: 2 hours
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.50
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Masters Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location EqualTo US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.21.10

Reactions: <Gucci>

<Gucci>

Francis Manancis ...fuck you...
Threaderator
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: [90 sec Task] Identifying activities in a video. | PANDA
Requester: AI Indoors Project [A2NYDPWAEAO5NE] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★ 4.30 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.39 Generosity
★★★★ 4.82 Fairness
★★★★ 4.09 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 28 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Select the beginning and end of a few activities in a video.
Time: 15 minutes
HITs Available: 286
Reward: $0.20
Qualifications: Location is one of: CA, GB, US;Total approved HITs is not less than 1000;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 98;Automatic low quality ban has not been granted

Reactions: Rerun

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Mildly interesting: while browsing down rabbit holes on Wikipedia, I found the link to the original patent for MTurk.

The abstract:

A hybrid machine/human computing arrangement which advantageously involves humans to assist a computer to solve particular tasks, allowing the computer to solve the tasks more efficiently. In one embodiment, a computer system decomposes a task, such as, for example, image or speech comparison, into subtasks for human performance, and requests the performances. The computer system programmatically conveys the request to a central coordinating server of the hybrid machine/human computing arrangement, which in turn dispatches the subtasks to personal computers operated by the humans. The humans perform the subtasks and provide the results back to the server, which receives the responses, and generates a result for the task based at least in part on the results of the human performances.

Full text: http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsrchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=7,197,459.PN.&OS=PN/7,197,459&RS=PN/7,197,459/

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
I would recommend also diatomaceous earth, it's a mechanical insecticide as opposed to a chemical one. It still has a tiny risk, mostly of irritation if you breathe in a lot of the dust (but once it's settled it's fine, I recommend putting it in non-traffic areas)
Was completely unaware of this stuff! Will definitely be looking into it more. Thank you for the suggestion! :)

Reactions: Rerun and Shockwave

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Flight Planning | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Cocosci Lab at UC Berkeley [AHG3DFQ65ESGY] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.20] [Fast: 4.83] [Comm: 4.49] [Fair: 4.89] [Reviews: 359] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $1.64/hr] [Pen: 15.17 days] [Res: 0% of 1] [Rec: 50% of 2] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 1]
Description:
This HIT takes about 20 minutes. You will play an airplane flight simulation game for 12 rounds. You will decide where to fly your plane in order to maximize earnings. This pays $1.00 plus a performance bonus of up to $5.00.
Time: 1 hour
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: None;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.21.10

Reactions: Rerun

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Mildly interesting: while browsing down rabbit holes on Wikipedia, I found the link to the original patent for MTurk.

The abstract:

A hybrid machine/human computing arrangement which advantageously involves humans to assist a computer to solve particular tasks, allowing the computer to solve the tasks more efficiently. In one embodiment, a computer system decomposes a task, such as, for example, image or speech comparison, into subtasks for human performance, and requests the performances. The computer system programmatically conveys the request to a central coordinating server of the hybrid machine/human computing arrangement, which in turn dispatches the subtasks to personal computers operated by the humans. The humans perform the subtasks and provide the results back to the server, which receives the responses, and generates a result for the task based at least in part on the results of the human performances.

Full text: http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-...,197,459.PN.&OS=PN/7,197,459&RS=PN/7,197,459/
No mention of shitty surveys.
Fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.