06/13 - Treasure Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score
What do you do if you can't see something? I can't see a logo and I'm supposed to answer questions about it. Do I just let the researcher know at the end of the study?
Did you just start the HIT? Return it and send an email to the requester (if you're feeling generous.)

Have you already spent a significant amount of time on the HIT? Skip the question and leave a comment/send email.

Reactions: TurkSerf

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
What do you do if you can't see something? I can't see a logo and I'm supposed to answer questions about it. Do I just let the researcher know at the end of the study?
You could, or you could return it. If it's something low paying, I'd just return it.

Reactions: TurkSerf

TurkSerf

Totally
Reaction score
heh jk!

Piccoloo

A rooster illusion
Contributor
Reaction score
Did you just start the HIT? Return it and send an email to the requester (if you're feeling generous.)

Have you already spent a significant amount of time on the HIT? Skip the question and leave a comment/send email.
I did the sound portion fine and the logo didn't show up on the questions. There was no place to leave a comment so i'll send an email.

YAHU

YAHUUUUUUU
Contributor
Reaction score
Nintendo wins e3

LuLu

Reaction score
Yeah, that sounds like a TOS problem. For reference, this list from MTurk has some examples: https://www.mturk.com/mturk/help?helpPage=policies

In particular, the review HIT you're talking about sounds like it could be a few of these:

What are some specific examples of HITs that violate Amazon Mechanical Turk policies?
- HITs that directly or indirectly promote a site, service, or opinion
- HITs that violate the terms and conditions of an activity or website (for instance asking Workers to vote for something)
- HITs that generate "referred" site visits or click-through traffic
- HITs that ask Workers to take action to manipulate a website's behavior or results
That certainly is it. Not quite sure how I am supposed to report it though.

TheresaofAlbion

Working for noms
Contributor
Reaction score

I did the sound portion fine and the logo didn't show up on the questions. There was no place to leave a comment so i'll send an email.
It does help often to try another browser first, as well. Just in case.Depends on how much the hit is worth and your time is worth to you

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Pairwise Naturalness Ratings | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Synthetic Speech Research [A33B9VKFUCB22K] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.50] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 3.67] [Reviews: 4] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
Not Available
Description: Listen to 2 short audio clips of 2 different voices and choose the more natural voice
Time: 30 minutes
HITs Available: 84
Reward: $0.03
Qualifications: Language Qualification GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1; Location EqualTo US;

Basically RVDs coffeeowl @coffeeowl

Status
Not open for further replies.