06/13 - Treasure Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Somebody is really doing sloppy work. Easy enough to provide photo evidence but apparently "Nah fam" was the phrase of the day.

We'll pray for your qual.
:yesyes:

Reactions: Rerun

LisaPisa

Reaction score
Boyfriend and I checked out an apartment on our way home today. It's $300/month and deposit. Two doors down from his sister's friend who just moved out of our house. We live with his sister now and so far she's pretty much our only ride. His sister's friend just had her car repossessed so she's out. But ugh, I want it. I can't live in this house anymore. But I pay his sister $300 a month to share a room with her children and I can't do it anymore. Advice pls rn it's solely my work income and mturk income and while I can afford $300 rent not sure if I can come up with a deposit yet. And there's the issue of not having a ride to work
Cost of living debates notwithstanding, I'd look at it from two perspectives. First, the logical side of things - Coming up with a deposit on short notice can be tough, but it's usually possible, depending on your priorities. You can sell stuff, do extra mturk, that sort of thing. I'd be looking more at the extra costs associated with renting your own place. You may need to cover utilities, you may have extra food costs to build your own pantry, you might need furniture you don't have, you may need cleaning supplies which can really add up, and moving isn't totally free, either. Transportation to be able to earn money is a pretty big thing, so you should consider some ideas for that. The other side of this is the emotional thing. How does your boyfriend feel about it? How will it make his sister feel if you move out? Do you have the kind of communication where you can discuss it and still maintain a positive relationship, or will you moving out sour things? And is the benefit of being free of sharing the room with her children enough to offset the potential negative effects of losing your current relationship with her? None of us can really answer most of these things for you, but hopefully this helps you sort out your thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.