Not open for further replies.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
It was 1984 and I was playing with my band at this club in Minneapolis, and I was working hard on being the best and the best band at the club but there was this rival band that had this one really good song and everyone was really digging it, but I knew I could write much better songs than this, also I was a much better showman than the guys in that band, hell one guy sang while this other guy just danced around him holding a mirror .

So one night I was doing a gig with the band, and out of nowhere this beautiful girl comes into the club, and is watching me do my thang, so I wanted to impress her, so I started singing one of my new songs while looking straight into her eyes, and then I thought to myself "this would be a good time to start humping the stage" so,,, I did and it worked like a charm and after the show she got on the back of my bike and we went down to the lake where I got her to take off her clothes and jump in the lake, then I took her clothes, jumped on my bike, laughed at her then took off...

Later that nite, she came to my crib and gave me the most incredible guitar that I had ever seen... That nite I wrote a song that would put me and my band over the top and finally beat that band with the guy that flapped his arms while singing and the other guy holding a mirror. That nite I wrote a song about RAIN. And it made me richer than I could have imagined, I then dumped all of my bandmates, changed my name to a symbol and got even more filthy rich.
This is what happens when 5s don't drop.

Reactions: GTR

Kliq

Reaction score
Title:The Study of Goal Pursuit | PANDA
Requester:Lauren Ministero [A2X8CE7M4JTTWJ] (Req TV): N/A [PC] Add: PandaOnceSearch
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
Respond to questions about your thoughts, feelings, and responses to news stories.
Time: 2 hour(s)
HITs Available: 20
Reward:$10.00
Qualifications:
Previous Participant DoesNotExist ; Masters Exists ;
Purple'd. Oh well, thanks.

Reactions: basketcasey

basketcasey

Curiouser and curiouser
Mentor
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Super Smart
Reaction score
Title: One Question Survey | Accept
Requester: Kelsy Postlethwait [ADOCM0HO8VR09] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.51
Duration: 3600
Available: 1
Description: Give us your definition of a single word.
Qualifications: Masters Exists
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
30 sec[/td][/tr]

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Now see this back when music meant something.
The bad part is that I mentally associated the "slippin slippin" line with this cause of the music video and would have sworn it was sung by Jamiroquai, but that was actually Steve Miller Band

:embarrased:

basketcasey

Curiouser and curiouser
Mentor
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Super Smart
Reaction score
Title: What is your personality?(~ 4 minutes) | Accept
Requester: BetterUp Labs [A2ZKBROC26CSPZ] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$20.17] [Pay=4.78] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.76] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=32] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=8.49] [Pen=0.20 days] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.75
Duration: 4800
Available: 52
Description: 4-min survey asks questions about your personality
Qualifications: f6bc29b9 DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; SurveyGroup [1220] DoesNotExist ; Exc: [2992735-93088] DoesNotExist ; e758bd3e DoesNotExist ; 78bd4ea4 Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

AngelFace

Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Marketing study | PANDA
Requester: Lidan Xu [A2FODQXJEK5MOK] (Req TV): N/A
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
You will complete several tasks in this study.
Time: 1 hour(s)
HITs Available: 4
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: Total approved HITs LessThanOrEqualTo 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; Location EqualTo US;

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
The bad part is that I mentally associated the "slippin slippin" line with this cause of the music video and would have sworn it was sung by Jamiroquai, but that was actually Steve Miller Band

:embarrased:
Time to brush up on the classics, youngblood.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
I work in a NICU. The things nurses say in the staff lounge would shock you, and not in a good way. Most NICU nurses at least have the awareness not to say stupid stuff in front of parents though.
True. A good friend of mine is a nurse. When she lived next to me she would come over all the time to decompress after a shift and she was always pretty honest and shared the jokes doctors would say behind closed doors (pretty freaking funny, demented humor).

She moved to another state a year and a half ago but was just back for a visit and shared more stuff. What a crazy job!

I think they have to share and say things to keep detached a little bit, but definitely NOT in front of a patient, or family of a patient!!!

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
We didn't know how good we had it.
we got it better now with hulu, netflix (or sites where u get that stuff for free lol) now we have unlimited shows and movies at our fingertips... plus unlimited music with spotify and apple.

Reactions: C to the J

Theta Carinae

minor superhero nerd
Contributor
Reaction score
we got it better now with hulu, netflix (or sites where u get that stuff for free lol) now we have unlimited shows and movies at our fingertips... plus unlimited music with spotify and apple.
It was a different time. If you weren't a certain age while it was happening, it might not mean the same thing to you.

Not trying to start anything political, just saying I'd trade all of streaming video (with social media right alongside it) for the relative economic stability of that time period.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
For me personally, having so many choices makes nothing seem special.

Rogue and Ready

Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for your comments, Coco and tricker and RainbowinthDark. I know, it was so rude! .

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you :)

The way I'm feeling right now, I don't want to talk to anyone they are so effed up. People always say mean things to me. It's like they are obsessed with dominating me! Ugh!!! :arghh:

Theta Carinae

minor superhero nerd
Contributor
Reaction score
For me personally, having so many choices makes nothing seem special.
This, totally. Unlimited choice just seems to mean that there's nearly unlimited crap you have to sort through to get to the halfway decent stuff (never even mind good)

Reactions: C to the J
Status
Not open for further replies.