06/20 - Wish Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

K'Lee

The Royal Taster
Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from wy_study for work related to 3EQVJH0T405WKTQFMMVUH5XDBOCTHV.
The value of your bonus is: $1.50 USD

The Requester included this note:
Thank you for participating in our study in which you imagined a work scenario. Your participation is greatly appreciated and will help us with our research.

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

Sincerely,
Amazon Mechanical Turk

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I get to take a nap now!

You've received a bonus from Joao Vaz for work related to 3QREJ3J433OQSLNARB0C6VHB37NLKR.
The value of your bonus is: $12.00 USD

You and your match met the $10 balance in the Group Account.
Your bonus payment is $12.

Thank you for your participation.

:party:

You've received a bonus from Susan Moegenburg for work related to 3KL228NDMVX6L530KLM0W6JYDTQGKB.
The value of your bonus is: $4.10 USD

Thanks for completing the survey. This bonus was calculated based upon your in game score

You've received a bonus from Midori Nishioka for work related to 3QQUBC64ZEW3WSM9SY5WE48JTZGNXF.
The value of your bonus is: $1.11 USD

No comment provided by Requester.

You've received a bonus from Jeri Little for work related to 3YGE63DIN8XJH1L8WWYS95NAMCX0WE.
The value of your bonus is: $2.50 USD

No comment provided by Requester.

The Summer of the Bonus keeps rolling on.

rsclone

This is my partner Fellatio Del Toro
Banned
Reaction score
It was 1984 and I was playing with my band at this club in Minneapolis, and I was working hard on being the best and the best band at the club but there was this rival band that had this one really good song and everyone was really digging it, but I knew I could write much better songs than this, also I was a much better showman than the guys in that band, hell one guy sang while this other guy just danced around him holding a mirror .

So one night I was doing a gig with the band, and out of nowhere this beautiful girl comes into the club, and is watching me do my thang, so I wanted to impress her, so I started singing one of my new songs while looking straight into her eyes, and then I thought to myself "this would be a good time to start humping the stage" so,,, I did and it worked like a charm and after the show she got on the back of my bike and we went down to the lake where I got her to take off her clothes and jump in the lake, then I took her clothes, jumped on my bike, laughed at her then took off...

Later that nite, she came to my crib and gave me the most incredible guitar that I had ever seen... That nite I wrote a song that would put me and my band over the top and finally beat that band with the guy that flapped his arms while singing and the other guy holding a mirror. That nite I wrote a song about RAIN. And it made me richer than I could have imagined, I then dumped all of my bandmates, changed my name to a symbol and got even more filthy rich.
my "recall a time you were treated unfairly" based off Green Mile was actually approved...
I don't think they even read those things....

Reactions: GTR and lolkatB

klingeemonster

Does this poncho make me look fat?
Contributor
Reaction score
Aah, I totally still remember getting excited when 56k modems first dropped below $100...and that seemed cheap (though that would have been quite a bit later...dude, the computer I played Carmen Sandiego on when I was 10 still had a Pentium chip)
Yeah, they did not come out with the pentium until after the 80486 models. I am glad they got rid of that silly modem sound bite noise they used to have.

Reactions: Theta Carinae

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Title: Take a 1-question survey (US-based) | Accept
Requester: PickFu [AI2HRFAYYSAW7] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$9.61] [Pay=3.06] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=3.33] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.20] [Fast=4.79] [Comm=4.21] [Fair=4.72] [Reviews=301] [ToS=1]
TO2: [Hrly=6.78] [Pen=0.22 days] [Res=100%] [Rec=78%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.04
Duration: 360
Available: 1
Description: Pick the choice that best answers the question.
Qualifications: PickFu NDA EqualTo 1; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: <Gucci>

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
OOOO Steve also played like a 15 min version of Jungle Love... :love:
I know have a mashup of like 5 Steve Miller Band songs swirling around in my head like cartoon moths.

Time to fire up the SMB Youtube channel and get them out of there.

Reactions: GTR

sweetpea0678

Reaction score
So three months ago I got in contact with my high school boyfriend. We dated from 1992 until he moved across the country in 1994. We have talked everyday for the passed three months. We have talked about the past and the present. Talked about everything and anything. It's been great. This weekend he is coming down and this will be the first time in 24 years we see each other and I am nervous but excited AF!! I just had to tell someone, so I telling all y'all.

Theta Carinae

minor superhero nerd
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, they did not come out with the pentium until after the 80486 models. I am glad they got rid of that silly modem sound bite noise they used to have.
Don't get me wrong. I'm psyched about how much faster Internet speeds are now...but that sound takes me straight back to high school :)

Reactions: klingeemonster

rsclone

This is my partner Fellatio Del Toro
Banned
Reaction score
So three months ago I got in contact with my high school boyfriend. We dated from 1992 until he moved across the country in 1994. We have talked everyday for the passed three months. We have talked about the past and the present. Talked about everything and anything. It's been great. This weekend he is coming down and this will be the first time in 24 years we see each other and I am nervous but excited AF!! I just had to tell someone, so I telling all y'all.
what movie is that??

Reactions: ducky and GTR

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
2 more questions to answer still for Surveycomet and I am so over it :\

Reactions: TotalBabe

klingeemonster

Contributor
Reaction score
Right? I remember when I got my first laptop for like $1800 and thought that was a massive bargain, lol.

I bought my first computer with Win 3.1 from a coworker who was upgrading. I then spent many hours in Fry's Electronics buying all the upgrades I wanted and installing them in the computer. I pulled a dumb move and fried my mother board while installing a new graphics card (which was like 12" x 4" in measurement, lol) and it was still VASTLY cheaper for me to buy an entirely new mother board. And RAM. Don't get me started. I recently found some old RAM chips I replaced back in the day, lol. I had thrown them in a box with old computer components and it was tucked in the way back area of my garage.
Believe it or not I still have computer parts from back then, I even have the old floppy disc with windows 3.1 on it. and DOS floppys

lolkatB

Contributor
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong. I'm psyched about how much faster Internet speeds are now...but that sound takes me straight back to high school :)
I feel old. I was working well before 56k modems became common. I remember the excitement of being able to send an order via modem rather than phoning it through. But then I also remember the same companies still using modems until about 4 years ago (OK adsl ones, but still, their computers had been using high speed fibre for ages).

Theta Carinae

minor superhero nerd
Contributor
Reaction score
Believe it or not I still have computer parts from back then, I even have the old floppy disc with windows 3.1 on it. and DOS floppys
I was walking to the store fairly early one day a couple weeks ago and for whatever reason, there were 3.5" floppies scattered all over the sidewalk. I was legit scared I'd woken up in a time warp for a solid 10 seconds...haven't seen any of those things in years

Cruxy

Reaction score
easy $$$

Title: The Study of Goal Pursuit | PANDA
Requester: Lauren Ministero [A2X8CE7M4JTTWJ] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 3.00 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.33 Generosity
★★★★ 4.00 Fairness
★★★★ 4.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 6 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Respond to questions about your thoughts, feelings, and responses to news stories.
Time: 7200
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $10.00
Qualifications: Previous Participant DoesNotExist ;Masters Exists
Can you do more then one of these? I already did one and just caught another....

ecko

Contributor
Reaction score
Can you do more then one of these? I already did one and just caught another....
no, she has an exclusion qual.

Reactions: Cruxy

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Title: What is your personality?(~ 4 minutes) | Accept
Requester: BetterUp Labs [A2ZKBROC26CSPZ] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$20.17] [Pay=4.78] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.76] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=32] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=8.49] [Pen=0.20 days] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.75
Duration: 4800
Available: 56
Description: 4-min survey asks questions about your personality
Qualifications: f6bc29b9 DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; SurveyGroup [1220] DoesNotExist ; Exc: [2992733-93086] DoesNotExist ; e758bd3e DoesNotExist ; 78bd4ea4 Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
2.5-3 minutes.[/td][/tr]

Reactions: <Gucci>

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
:ROFL:

I still have that first Toshiba laptop :) (It's a portable hard drive now, lol. Has all my stuff from Grad School on it, original battery, still works awesome!). And I still have a Zip Drive and like 15 Zip Disks. Recently found my old 56K modem next to those RAM chips (that was such a huge jump over those 28s!) . And yep, I still have the old 3.1 floppies!

For me, some of it is that I just need to get off my rear and take them to the appropriate recycling places, lol. I don't even have a computer with a floppy drive anymore!!

thismegan

resting cat face
Reaction score
I hope the other person liked $6 more than $10 or $11. I got:

You've received a bonus from Joao Vaz for work related to 34ZTTGSNJXFAHS2FDV5BAP0DLW6QHH.
The value of your bonus is: $1.00 USD

You and your match did not meet the $10 balance in the Group Account.
Your bonus payment is $1.

klingeemonster

Contributor
Reaction score
I feel old. I was working well before 56k modems became common. I remember the excitement of being able to send an order via modem rather than phoning it through. But then I also remember the same companies still using modems until about 4 years ago (OK adsl ones, but still, their computers had been using high speed fibre for ages).
The 486 had a 15 k modem on it and that was fast as it got for a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.