06/23 - Starry Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
LOL! Not funny but funny. And I have had to disconnect early due to an "emergency" before so it happens. It just happened twice in a row and I started feeling insecure about my question asking abilities, lol. Some articles are really hard to find alternative words for, but I try and use different forms of a word to make things easier (e.g., "...he felt that it was imperative..." and I ask, "What did he imperatively believe?")

I want to be paired with you. I like answering better. Unless I get that one person who TRICKED me, lol. No fair asking trick questions!
Yes I hate trick questions! I've run out of time before and had to message the requester and apologize, because I was just really confused and trying to figure out the answer :facepalm:

Reactions: tricker

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't disconnect on the easy ones. If it's going wayyyy too slow, I'll disconnect at 10.
I'm trying not to do that. With other batches if it was a beginner I wanted to give them a chance. With this one we're all "masters" so it's probably a hard article and I give the asker credit for powering through a dense article.

Reactions: vickiJ

lolkatB

Contributor
Reaction score
Yikes! That would be rough.
He was calling the other person all sorts of names for their questions before he realized they really weren't discussing the same wiki

Reactions: tricker

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I'm trying not to do that. With other batches if it was a beginner I wanted to give them a chance. With this one we're all "masters" so it's probably a hard article and I give the asker credit for powering through a dense article.
There's been some partners I just didn't mesh with. I don't hesitate to end early if it seems like it's a struggle for either of us. But I don't think poorly of anyone on the other end, either! Each round is... 8c? so stopping at 19 instead of 20 doesn't make or break the HIT for me.

Reactions: tricker and vickiJ

thismegan

resting cat face
Reaction score
Oof.. how long have you been on?
I did two of those when I woke up, did other things for a few hours and it's been dead since I got back. I have watchers for stuff, but not catching anything.

Reactions: Andromedia

Butter

in the ref
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Opinions and Issues(~ 25 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Eccles School of Business Studies [A1E8FS7O72ISB9] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=3.96] [Fast=4.68] [Comm=4.56] [Fair=4.62] [Reviews=33] [ToS=0]
Reward: 2.00
Duration: 3600
Available: 1
Description: 25-minute survey on attitudes
Qualifications: Exc: [94824-94235] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs LessThanOrEqualTo 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 70; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
There's been some partners I just didn't mesh with. I don't hesitate to end early if it seems like it's a struggle for either of us. But I don't think poorly of anyone on the other end, either! Each round is... 8c? so stopping at 19 instead of 20 doesn't make or break the HIT for me.
From now on if someone stops then I'm going to immediately grab the next hit to try and be the answerer now that I know that trick!

I have to ask way more often. I'm like doubly conscious of the time when I ask. Especially when I try and use words that pop up red.

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
From now on if someone stops then I'm going to immediately grab the next hit to try and be the answerer now that I know that trick!

I have to ask way more often. I'm like doubly conscious of the time when I ask. Especially when I try and use words that pop up red.
Yeah if you're the answerer, and just leave your "auto accept next" checked, you should be the answerer most of the time (when there's enough people.) Whoever is matched last is the answerer, and whoever hits the waiting room first is the asker... if that makes sense? It's not error-proof (just like sometimes when self-pairing you get paired with someone else by random chance) but it did seem to work for me last night.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah if you're the answerer, and just leave your "auto accept next" checked, you should be the answerer most of the time (when there's enough people.) Whoever is matched last is the answerer, and whoever hits the waiting room first is the asker... if that makes sense? It's not error-proof (just like sometimes when self-pairing you get paired with someone else by random chance) but it did seem to work for me last night.
I can always tell who I will be if I'm not paired immediately. After 15 seconds I know I'm asking!

I'll check the auto accept to see if that works. Gotta go make food and take a tylenol. I spent last night until dark taking down the old pool and all this morning setting up the new one and I have a headache due to how hot it already is out there. I am SO GOING IN THAT POOL once it's done filling. I don't care how cold that water still is! (Old pool started having issues, we've had it for a few years so it was time to say goodbye. I hope this new pool is as awesome as the old one was!)

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Political attitudes study | Accept
Requester: Michael Thaler [A12QI37UFDXCQY] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$29.58] [Pay=4.67] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.50] [Fast=3.00] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=3] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=18.00] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 2.50
Duration: 3000
Available: 1
Description: A 20 minute study on political attitudes with a chance to win an additional $10 bonus.
Qualifications: MThaler 2-9-18 Prevent Retaking DoesNotExist ; US Political Affiliation - Conservative Exists ; Location EqualTo US; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

MechaC

Find me on a cloud
Reaction score
When was the Master Chatter qual for QA given out? I wasn't a chosen one.

Reactions: Peachy
Status
Not open for further replies.