Status
Not open for further replies.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Public Perceptions of Unmanned Aircraft Systems in the USA | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Bortiorkor N T Alabi [A3F1KSTQNT04AQ] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.50] [Fast: 0.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 0.00] [Reviews: 3] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $10.54/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: -- of 0] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Description:
In this survey, we kindly request your responses to questions relating to the operation of Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) commonly known as drones in the United States National Airspace System (NAS).
Time: 24 hours
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.20
Qualifications: Masters has been granted; Location is US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.21.10

Reactions: Cmoney

weakman

Reaction score
I agree. I watched the woman who works in the laundromat running around, literally not figuratively, the whole time I was there, every time I was there, unless she was standing and folding someone's clothes at a fast clip. She literally gave herself a heart attack. For minimum wage. And there are CEOs whose work is less stressful and get paid millions of dollars for sitting there telling people how many other secretaries and vice presidents to hire, while the people who are doing the work, are working themselves to death. Being a CEO is not skilled work either, it's who they or their families knew, and it was, for their whole lives. It has nothing to do with skill. CEO salaries increased by an incredible margin relative to the cost of living in the last 100 years, while their employees' salaries did not. The economy needs to be revamped.
Work smarter not harder. Instead of running around learn a skill. There is a lot of skills you can learn in a couple years that will make you decent/great money. Some people will have all the luck, but that is life.

lil queen trashmouth

Pile of ham
Contributor
Reaction score
Work smarter not harder. Instead of running around learn a skill. There is a lot of skills you can learn in a couple years that will make you decent/great money. Some people will have all the luck, but that is life.
Learning a skill takes time. You don't have time if you need money. And that doesn't include the money it takes to learn a skill. You're right, of course, and it's not at you, it just grinds my gears how people say 'learn a skill!' like it's instant and free and will cure job problems overnight. (That still came off aggressive and it makes me sad, I don't want sad Patrick)

squee

I turk therefore I am
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: FEMALE WORKERS ONLY: Study Investigating Decisions in Collective Action regarding Abortion Policies in the United States | PANDA
Requester: Winnifred Louis [A29TQOHZUJ99NT] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 4.56] [Fair: 4.95] [Comm: 4.71] [Fast: 5.00]
Description:
Complete a survey that involves answering questions about your political beliefs, judgments, and intentions. You will be paid $0.05 for screening, then an extra $3.95 (paid as Bonus) if selected to continue with the whole survey (~30 minutes)
Time: 2 hours
Reward: $0.05
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is US;

prescreen for 3.95 survey

weakman

Reaction score
Learning a skill takes time. You don't have time if you need money. And that doesn't include the money it takes to learn a skill. You're right, of course, and it's not at you, it just grinds my gears how people say 'learn a skill!' like it's instant and free and will cure job problems overnight. (That still came off aggressive and it makes me sad, I don't want sad Patrick)
Working at minimum wage for two years might get you at 30k (where I live). Learning a skill in months can get you around that much money if not more within a year. Even if you have to rack up debt, the outcome will be more than worth it. Then, as time goes by you can learn a better skill that takes up more time, but gives you more money. Better than working minimum wage and living poor for the rest of your life.

Last edited:

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: FEMALE WORKERS ONLY: Study Investigating Decisions in Collective Action regarding Abortion Policies in the United States | PANDA
Requester: Winnifred Louis [A29TQOHZUJ99NT] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 4.56] [Fair: 4.95] [Comm: 4.71] [Fast: 5.00]
Description:
Complete a survey that involves answering questions about your political beliefs, judgments, and intentions. You will be paid $0.05 for screening, then an extra $3.95 (paid as Bonus) if selected to continue with the whole survey (~30 minutes)
Time: 2 hours
Reward: $0.05
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is US;

prescreen for 3.95 survey
It's cute how they list all their old HIT IDs and think that's going to be the most effective way to help workers decide if they've done previous HITs from them before.

Reactions: Turtlefemm

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Listen to sentences and interact with pictures (I:eek: FEATHER) | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Conversation Lab [A3FQD7CUC8IOXE] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 3.20] [Fast: 4.75] [Comm: 4.00] [Fair: 4.75] [Reviews: 15] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $6.43/hr] [Pen: 1.00 days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: -- of 0] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 1]
Description:
You will listen to instructions while looking at pictures and act out instructions with your mouse.
Time: 1 hour
Reward: $3.00
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; Age - 35 - 45 EqualTo 1; participated DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US;

HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.21.10
About 20 mins.

KYLaura

Reaction score
Folding clothes requires more skill than making a phone call. Really. Our society does not value what we deem "women's work" and that's the whole source of this mess.

charlie

Reaction score
How often does the qual for the 10c hits come up?
that's a really good question. I don't know. I don't even remember when I got it. There are two different quals.. 2016 Centrality (which is the one I've got) and a 2017 version (I don't have that one). Someone else who pays more attention to quals may know for sure.

Reactions: Major Payne

squee

I turk therefore I am
Contributor
Reaction score
This took me 13 min going slowish. Bubbly, but otherwise easy. minimal writing

Title: Goal Attainment Survey | PANDA
Requester: Mechanical Turk Study [A1ENHFSNTCVXS4] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 3.52] [Fair: 4.44] [Comm: 3.33] [Fast: 4.33]
Description:
Survey should take approximately 10-15 minutes. You will be asked to complete some measures about your attitudes and beliefs, and think about making and eating dinner.
Time: 60 minutes
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: Constraints Exclusion has not been granted; MUH has not been granted; HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 95; Uncertainty Exclusion has not been granted; Location is US;

Status
Not open for further replies.