Status
Not open for further replies.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
Glad you like it Peachy. My dad took me to the Iowa Cubs several times when I was a kid and it's just not for me, though I did like the Frosty Malts. This was in the 70's when a guy walked around the stand yelling Frosty Malts and selling them from a tray in front of him. Do they still do that or do they just shoot food at you through a cannon now? :)
I know at some ballparks they shoot food at you through a cannon. Every game I’ve been to at Minute Maid (in Houston) I haven’t seen any food cannons :, just cannons that shoot out balls and shirts.

just the atmosphere at the ballpark is fun

Reactions: KillMoles

Diane89

Reaction score
Title: Study on Cognitive Skills of Crowdworkers | Accept
Requester: Crowd-Labs [A3E1HQL1ZBH09K] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=2.41] [Fast=2.73] [Comm=1.69] [Fair=2.25] [Reviews=18] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 5.00
Duration: 3600
Available: 1
Description: The HIT contains a set of cognitive tests and typical crowdsourcing tasks. The entire task will take around 30 minutes.
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Broken and didnt register the end of the hit.[/td][/tr]

Yesss im super pissed about this, i felt like the whole survey was going slow too

Nuramazing

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Study on Cognitive Skills of Crowdworkers | Accept
Requester: Crowd-Labs [A3E1HQL1ZBH09K] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=2.41] [Fast=2.73] [Comm=1.69] [Fair=2.25] [Reviews=18] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 5.00
Duration: 3600
Description: The HIT contains a set of cognitive tests and typical crowdsourcing tasks. The entire task will take around 30 minutes.
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Broken and didnt register the end of the hit.[/td][/tr]
This was really laggy, but it eventually worked for me.

Reactions: StarfoxJ

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
I know at some ballparks they shoot food at you through a cannon. Every game I’ve been to at Minute Maid (in Houston) I haven’t seen any food cannons :, just cannons that shoot out balls and shirts.

no one has ever shot me with a food cannon :rain:

Reactions: Peachy

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm torn between sleep and doing QAs all night.

but I think sleep and sanity for my 9-5 is more important than the side hustle today.

night yall
I totally screwed up a QA a little while ago. It was about paddling through some sort of shore. So the asker says What were they paddling in? And the passage doesn't say boat, so I answer the type of shore. Then they ask "of what"? Well they were in an islet, but sometimes people think that something is what it isn't etc...Anyhow, my brain was thinking they asked "in what" and since it mentions a bow and stear I answer...a boat, while also speaking to the asker "It doesn't say a specific type of boat, they are in the islet."

Next thing I know that asker let the time run out instead of just nicley clarifying. Sometimes there are multiple possible answers, and there is no way of knowing which text they are drawing their ? from. Other times, the asker will start right away, and there hasn't been time to read, other times, it is simply difficult to follow a section of text because there aren't even names to draw from or any context. Oh well, I do pretty good most of the time. But today I even had someone yell at me, in caps!

Last edited:
Reactions: savvy

cb456

Let's do some hits!
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score

Nuramazing

Contributor
Reaction score
I couldn't get half the tasks to work- I had to return it- I emailed-
For me the images just took a really long time to load (like maybe 2 mins each), but they did eventually work. Might be different tasks though so idk.

KillMoles

°
Contributor
Reaction score

The corporate job that I had for 18 years did an outing to the Iowa Cubs almost every year. Lots of employees loved it. I supported that by staying in the office and working, and they gave me free movie passes which I gave to my daughters since I don't do that anymore either.

I'm the most chatty anti-social person ever. :)

Seriously, glad you like baseball. I worked with a guy whos 5 year old son loved it so much that he could name every player and their position on all of the top major league teams. They went to ball games on vacation as a family.

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
The corporate job that I had for 18 years did an outing to the Iowa Cubs almost every year. Lots of employees loved it. I supported that by staying in the office and working, and they gave me free movie passes which I gave to my daughters since I don't do that anymore either.

I'm the most chatty anti-social person ever. :)

Seriously, glad you like baseball. I worked with a guy whos 5 year old son loved it so much that he could name every player and their position on all of the top major league teams. They went to ball games on vacation as a family.
When I began reading this my heart stopped, and I thought "My ex is invading my turkspace", lol. He worked for Ruan.

KillMoles

°
Contributor
Reaction score
When I began reading this my heart stopped, and I thought "My ex is invading my turkspace", lol. He worked for Ruan.
LOL, never worked for Ruan but I went to John Ruan's house and worked on his alarm system in the 1980's.

Edit to be clear - My corporate job was way after I worked for the alarm company where I went to Ruan's house. At the alarm company I got to be in the homes of many of the wealthiest and "elite" of Des Moines.

Last edited:
Reactions: stuffalleysays

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
there’s a woman behind home plate at the Astros game that is clearly very drunk. falling over the row and everything. this is awkward as hell and uncomfortable

watching on TV

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
LOL, never worked for Ruan but I went to John Ruan's house and worked on his alarm system in the 1980's.

Edit to be clear - My corporate job was way after I worked for the alarm company where I went to Ruan's house. At the alarm company I got to be in the homes of many of the wealthiest and "elite" of Des Moines.
Lucky you...cough....I used to clean the home of a particular florist family, not fun.

Andromedia

Just hit 1,000 hits
Reaction score
Yesss im super pissed about this, i felt like the whole survey was going slow too
I sent them a message about it. I used multiple speedtests to make sure the lag wasn't on my end, it hit so bad i actually ran out of time before submitting while i was on the last section.
Was super annoying, since it would have put me at a PE at almost $30 for the day.

StarfoxJ

Contributor
Reaction score
there’s a woman behind home plate at the Astros game that is clearly very drunk. falling over the row and everything. this is awkward as hell and uncomfortable

watching on TV
home run robbeeeeeers

Reactions: Peachy

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
Title: Very very very short survey | Accept
Requester: Mauro Manassi [AHBEUD78YGRIE] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$7.50] [Pay=3.00] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=1.80] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=7] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=3.00] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=0%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=1]
Reward: 0.20
Duration: 600
Description: This survey works only on GOOGLE CHROME
Qualifications: Completed My Survey Already DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: aveline
Status
Not open for further replies.