06/25 - Tangelo Tuesday!

Would you take an all paid vacation to the Dominican Republic if someone gave you 3 grand?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HelloHello

Reaction score
What did you have at the Filipino restaurant?
I had a Philippino breakfast - deep fried milk-fish, garlic fried rice, eggs sunny side up, some sort of gourmet Philippino coffee and Cassava cake for dessert.
[edit] It came with cucumber and tomato but that turned out to be ONE slice of each . . .

Last edited:

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind going to the Dominican Republic, but it wouldn't hurt my feeling if I never had to fly again. Granted, there have probably been 100 times more deaths on Texas freeways than murders in the Dominican Republic this year.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
I had a Philippino breakfast - deep fried milk-fish, garlic fried rice, eggs sunny side up, some sort of gourmet Philippino coffee and Cassava cake for dessert.
[edit] It came with cucumber and tomato but that turned out to be ONE slice of each . . .
My stepmother is from the Philippines. Cassava cake is delicious.

I'd pass if anyone offers you Balut though.

• Love
Reactions: savvy and Starslip

HelloHello

Reaction score

It's the first time I've had it. I have leftovers and I'm holding off on an opinion until I try it again. I was surprised they served it heated. Today was my first foray into Philippino food other than at a pot-luck.

HelloHello

Reaction score

I believe I saw Balut on the menu. Can't recall what it was. The waitress suggested either the Cassava Cake or the Flan.

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
You'll be fine. I'll take you on my daily commute along highway 99. That's not the speed limit, but you can see where there'd be confusion.
I don't even like it when y'all are on our freeways- I can't even fucking imagine the horrors of being surrounded by Texan drivers. Only 3rd level of travel hell after Canadian snowbirds and Cal*fornians.

Status
Not open for further replies.