06/27 - Wimbledon Wednesday!

Do you floss everyday?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

masterx1234

Contributor
Reaction score
Did you guys see my comment above? i always appreciate the help.

Reactions: KillMoles

Daniel

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Perceptions of children's credibility(~ 15 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Deakin Investigative Interviewing Research Group [A76943RQRLUQB] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=2] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 2.25
Duration: 3600
Available: 1
Description: This project aims to improve our understanding of the factors influencing people’s perceptions of child witness credibility. You will be presented with a mock transcript of an interview, in which a police officer interviews a child witness; some of the interviews describe the child being injured by her babysitter. The transcript should take approximately 5-10 minutes to read. You will then be presented with 23 questions about the transcript, including what you thought about the child and the interviewer. Finally, you will be asked about your own demographics (age, gender, etc.). Some participants may experience very mild discomfort reading the transcript. Altogether this study should take approximately 15 minutes to complete. Please note that some participants may read an interview transcript in which child abuse is portrayed. People who have been abused as children may not wish to participate in this study.
Qualifications: Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: aveline

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
I feel like a vote about flossing where the vote is public is going to really skew the results because people will lie because of peer pressure.

The true test is that everyone should send a picture of themselves flossing, if there's a bunch a blood around their gums they're nothing but liars.
Nooooot necessarily...I don't floss every day (super tight teeth) but I water pik. And my gums bleed due to issues that developed a long time ago in my mouth when I didn't have dental coverage (so didn't see a dentist). I do great now, but...damage is done :(

So, thank you for giving me a reason to qualify my VERY PUBLIC no vote, lol. I water pik every day and brush twice a day. My dentist says I have really good gums for my situation :)

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Be a Mock Juror (and get paid) - (M-Prime)(~ 35 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Empirical Jury [A2QGI2L47S8HB0] (Req TV): $13.76/hr
(TO): [Pay: 3.48] [Fair: 3.11] [Comm: 2.14] [Fast: 3.05]
Description:
This is a study of a real case . You will watch a video and read facts about a real case. You must pay careful attention. This will impact real lives.
Time: 1 hour(s) 50 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 11
Reward: $4.50
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location NotIn US-CTUS-MAUS-MEUS-NHUS-RI; Exc: [3048514-94693] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 60; Location In US;

Reactions: aveline

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Did you guys see my comment above? i always appreciate the help.
If there's one thing that this month has taught me, it's that you really can't expect anything with MTurk. June has always been one of my best months of the year, but this year it has so far been one of my worst. The general belief has always been that surveys slow down in summer, but batches usually remain about the same. However, this last month has seemed like the opposite happened. May was an amazing month for me and June was awful, and I didn't expect either of those months to turn out the way that they did, so I really couldn't tell you what to expect for July.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a question for you mturk vets, we are going into July, can we expect this to be the slowest month for non masters? I have 25K hits done.
No. you can't expect any month to be slow or good. Research is still being done and Ph.D. candidates aren't "out of school", neither are publishing researchers, so stuff gets posted.

The best thing to count on (and are probably aware of by 25K hits) is that you ham like hell when good stuff posts regularly and hoard your "extra" money for those times when it's pretty dry and you have to scramble for work.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
what's a "bad" month money wise for you on mTurk? i know there'll be varying answers depending on if you do it full-time or just for a little side money, etc

Reactions: C to the J

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
what's a "bad" month money wise for you on mTurk? i know there'll be varying answers depending on if you do it full-time or just for a little side money, etc
January is always my worst month, without a doubt.

Edit: Or do you mean how much?

Last edited:

Kat8mouse

Kat Master
Contributor
Reaction score
My goal is $400 per month so I'd say $200 a month would be bad for me. Luckily in my 2 years turking, I've never been below $350 per month.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Really it's easier for me to judge my months based on the quality of marijuana I can afford.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
bezos might be having flights to space for people next year

not sure the price tag though. going to be expensive. thousands, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.