• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KillMoles

°
Contributor
Reaction score
:eek: I'm so close to Bedford!
I went to Worthington for work once. I think the closest place to stay the night was in Bloomington, so we worked all day to get done and drove back to Illinois to stay the night on our way home rather than stay there. Only time I've been to that state.

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
Question: My coworker also has been doing some mturking. He has been getting "sorry, an unexpected error occurred" on surveys. After he reboots or logs in and out he can do one survey. Then this error shows up again. Any ideas?

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
Question: My coworker also has been doing some mturking. He has been getting "sorry, an unexpected error occurred" on surveys. After he reboots or logs in and out he can do one survey. Then this error shows up again. Any ideas?
I'm thinking he should delete the cookies. Or eat them. Whatever works.

Reactions: aveline

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score
I just about took a job in Bedford last year :wave2: We'd have almost been neighbors! But, there was some logistic issues with family and stuff.
Bring a baby and you can live on the farm with me

Reactions: <Gucci>

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
Bring a baby and you can live on the farm with me
Hmmmm sounds like an offer that I may have to pass up. Don't have any spare babies laying around. :bolt:

Reactions: Liz

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah. Dats cookies. If he can open the survey link in incognito it's def cookies.

Make sure he backs everything up from his scrapers before he clears them!
Thanks. He's not up to any type of scraper or panda yet. Just normal turkin' But, I'll have him try the incognito mode.

Reactions: Peachy and Birdie

KillMoles

°
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm thinking he should delete the cookies. Or eat them. Whatever works.
That would be a good starting step. What browser? I use Chrome and rarely have any issues.

I meant to ask, what kinds of HITs have you been doing to make all that money? I still haven't found the right combination for me to keep me at a decent hourly rate. Sometimes I do well but it always falls below $6 an hour by the end of the day and I'm nowhere my goal, which is around what you've been making per day.

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
That would be a good starting step. What browser? I use Chrome and rarely have any issues.

I meant to ask, what kinds of HITs have you been doing to make all that money? I still haven't found the right combination for me to keep me at a decent hourly rate. Sometimes I do well but it always falls below $6 an hour by the end of the day and I'm nowhere my goal, which is around what you've been making per day.
He is in Chrome. I mainly do surveys, guessing I average 1-3 hours daily depending on how much work I have at my real job. Use panda and hit forker at home (still a newbie, so I need to find out what I should add or do next) and nothing but mturk at work. I average $20 day, and am amazed at those $100+ daily people. Today was just a weird good day for me, may make it over $50.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
I’ll tell you how you make money on mTurk:

1) time. it’ll take a little bit of time
2) early on get some cushon ratio wise
3) explore different batches, etc (get use to what you like and don’t like)

4) do everything within reason (sometimes red TOs only have 1 reviews, etc)

5) “eat your queue” aka always empty your queue if possible via doing everything in it. always eat your queue. force yourself to empty that queue. Treat yourself to a snack afterwards and re-fill the queue again. repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat

6) put in the time

KillMoles

°
Contributor
Reaction score
He is in Chrome. I mainly do surveys, guessing I average 1-3 hours daily depending on how much work I have at my real job. Use panda and hit forker at home (still a newbie, so I need to find out what I should add or do next) and nothing but mturk at work. I average $20 day, and am amazed at those $100+ daily people. Today was just a weird good day for me, may make it over $50.
Thanks, you must work harder, faster, and smarter than me. I think I'm going to wear my fingers out clicking so much. I'll keep working at it and try to get more efficient. :)

Reactions: <Gucci>

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks, you must work harder, faster, and smarter than me. I think I'm going to wear my fingers out clicking so much. I'll keep working at it and try to get more efficient. :)
Lol I keep thinking I have to find ways to get more efficient myself

KillMoles

°
Contributor
Reaction score
I’ll tell you how you make money on mTurk:

1) time. it’ll take a little bit of time
2) early on get some cushon ratio wise
3) explore different batches, etc (get use to what you like and don’t like)

4) do everything within reason (sometimes red TOs only have 1 reviews, etc)

5) “eat your queue” aka always empty your queue if possible via doing everything in it. always eat your queue. force yourself to empty that queue. Treat yourself to a snack afterwards and re-fill the queue again. repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat

6) put in the time
Thanks! I need to work on some more safe numbers HITs, which should help me get faster too. At only 1600 approved I get nervous with just 10 pending surveys, even though I never rush them.

Reactions: <Gucci> and Peachy

Josh

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Short Survey about recalling an experience(~ 3 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Nadav Klien [A370HLFITA2L7K] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$6.45] [Pay=2.60] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.12] [Fast=4.98] [Comm=4.60] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=87] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=3.91] [Pen=0.26 days] [Res=null] [Rec=25%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=2]
Reward: 0.30
Duration: 1200
Available: 1
Description: In this survey, you will be asked to recall and answer a few questions about a past experience
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [-2128160334-95007] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 85
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.6
[/td][/tr]

Reactions: aveline
Status
Not open for further replies.