07/08 - Seemingly Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexDroog

Singing in the rain...
Reaction score
keep in mind, when you do a requester search, instead of a specific HIT search, it's actually doing two things.
1. it's looking for hits by that requester (that fit other criteria you set, like price)
2. then it's attempting to preview that same task, before accepting it.

you don't know the specific groupID of the task you're trying to catch?
No, I don't. I know the requester ID and that's about it. I can copy, paste it from HIT finder but PC helper is suppose to have a set of button on my MTurk page (once panda) as MTS does. Well, I saw it on there once and added a HIT to PC but then the PC buttons disappeared. AND when I manually enter a requester ID in to PC so it can auto-accept any HIT from that requester, I'm pretty convinced it's not doing anything.

Reactions: <Gucci>

KillMoles

°
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm trying to use both and it doesn't seem like PC wants to work when MTS is running. I mean it will for a bit. Or I should PC helper doesn't seem to want to work at the same time as MTS. I want to use PC because it will auto-accept HITs from a requester. So a requester has a $15 HIT I'm trying to catch but HIT catcher doesn't seem to be grabbing it I want to use PC to auto accept it. But I can't seem to get it to work. I'm pretty new at this too. I was MTurking hard without any tools for like a month and figured out how to use MTS and it's like a breath of fresh air. twice the money for half the effort.
I've never tried HIT Catcher on MTS, just HIT Finder and the other cool stuff that loads with it. I'd pick one tool for PandA, and I chose PC based on what I've read. Hopefully the experts chime in, but I use MTS HIT Finder to search for everything I might like, and PC to actually grab and accept anything I know I really want.

Last edited:

AlexDroog

Singing in the rain...
Reaction score
keep in mind, when you do a requester search, instead of a specific HIT search, it's actually doing two things.
1. it's looking for hits by that requester (that fit other criteria you set, like price)
2. then it's attempting to preview that same task, before accepting it.

you don't know the specific groupID of the task you're trying to catch?
is the group ID the same thing as the HIT ID?

AlexDroog

Singing in the rain...
Reaction score
I've never tried HIT Catcher on MS, just HIT Finder and the other cool stuff that loads with it. I'd pick one tool for PandA, and I chose PC based on what I've read. Hopefully the experts chime in, but I use MTS HIT Finder to search for everything I might like, and PC to actually accept anything I know I really want.
I use the HIT catcher as well as HIT finder because they work well with each other and HIT catcher seems to be easier to use than PC. They essentially so the same thing but HIT catcher is easier to use and PC does more.

StarfoxJ

Contributor
Reaction score
My new favorite bitch fit from somebody. is one bombing a requester for an instragram study. Pretty obvious they were gonna want you to have instagram. people man.

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
I use the HIT catcher as well as HIT finder because they work well with each other and HIT catcher seems to be easier to use than PC. They essentially so the same thing but HIT catcher is easier to use and PC does more.
you also don't want to be running too many things that open your mturk pages, or you'll get blank pages/PREs.
that's why you don't run hitcatcher, finder, and PC all at once, unless it's a long enough delay...

but having too much of a delay can making catching things difficult - you would need to find a balance.
as for myself, I run hitfinder at a 3 second interval, and hitcatcher at 1.8 seconds, and never seem to have a problem

<Gucci>

Francis Manancis ...fuck you...
Threaderator
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Hey folks, what's up? Question for you guys. Which do you like better, MTS or PC? And does anyone run both at the same time?
Both at the same time.
You do need to open separate instances of chrome not separate tabs.
Also you might want these:
https://www.mturkcrowd.com/threads/chrome-57-throttling.2183/
Toggle MTS off and on.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...s-mana/pbgjpgbpljobkekbhnnmlikbbfhbhmem?hl=en
& no hit reloader
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/18547-mturk-worker-no-hit-reloader
:gucci:

AlexDroog

Singing in the rain...
Reaction score
not really...
each hit within a group has their own ID

what info do you already have?
the requester ID and HIT ID. I don't understand exactly what group ID's are. I'm trying to get a HIT auto-accepted that HIT catcher can't seem to catch, it happens all the time. I have a particular HIT in HIT catcher and it doesn't catch it. Think of it as like a system redundancy, that's the effect I'm trying to have.

AlexDroog

Singing in the rain...
Reaction score
you also don't want to be running too many things that open your mturk pages, or you'll get blank pages/PREs.
that's why you don't run hitcatcher, finder, and PC all at once, unless it's a long enough delay...

but having too much of a delay can making catching things difficult - you would need to find a balance.
as for myself, I run hitfinder at a 3 second interval, and hitcatcher at 1.8 seconds, and never seem to have a problem
I run them at 3 seconds and .8 and never get PRE's. Adding PC might be a bit much but I'm just not catching the HITs that I want.

KillMoles

°
Contributor
Reaction score
Both at the same time.
Toggle MTS off and on.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...s-mana/pbgjpgbpljobkekbhnnmlikbbfhbhmem?hl=en
& no hit reloader
Good point about the separate instances. I have two displays and do my main work in one. The second display is split between two instances of Chrome. One HIT Finder and one Panda Crazy. Three different things always visible and focused.

AlexDroog

Singing in the rain...
Reaction score

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
the requester ID and HIT ID. I don't understand exactly what group ID's are. I'm trying to get a HIT auto-accepted that HIT catcher can't seem to catch, it happens all the time. I have a particular HIT in HIT catcher and it doesn't catch it. Think of it as like a system redundancy, that's the effect I'm trying to have.
well, perhaps if you post what info you have (the IDs) you might be able to get more help

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
Both at the same time.
Toggle MTS off and on.
& no hit reloader
what's that toggle link good for?

hiding what extensions you have, when you make screenshots?

nopoopwarez

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Audio Collection: Read English Text from Screeen | PANDA
Requester: AudioData [A2LJEKORH5M37L] (Req TV): N/A
(TO): [Pay: 5.00] [Fair: 2.00] [Comm: 2.00] [Fast: 0.00]
Description:
Read English text from screen to be recorded to audio
Time: 20 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.30
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; Masters Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90; Location EqualTo US;

KillMoles

°
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Audio Collection: Read English Text from Screeen | PANDA
Requester: AudioData [A2LJEKORH5M37L] (Req TV): N/A
(TO): [Pay: 5.00] [Fair: 2.00] [Comm: 2.00] [Fast: 0.00]
Description:
Read English text from screen to be recorded to audio
Time: 20 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.30
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; Masters Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90; Location EqualTo US;
Do any masters exist without >100 HITs approved? :) And with that I'm out of here, good night!

Status
Not open for further replies.