07/10 - Torta Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsclone

This is my partner Fellatio Del Toro
Banned
Reaction score
I got rejected too and was just going to let it go but I just sent an email asking for an explanation of why I did not follow protocol in the survey.
the Rochelle Rushcow seat belt HIT? or a diff one?

Rogue and Ready

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: survey(~ 7 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Yonat [A3V7P350AX2CSR] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$14.51] [Pay=3.82] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.30] [Fast=4.90] [Comm=3.67] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=26] [ToS=1]
TO2: [Hrly=12.35] [Pen=1.00 days] [Res=0%] [Rec=80%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=1]
Reward: 0.40
Duration: 1800
Available: 52
Description: In this study you will be asked to answer several question.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Total approved HITs LessThanOrEqualTo 50000; Exc: [95293873-96810] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
y[/td][/tr]

thismegan

resting cat face
Reaction score
did everyone's surveycomet from last week get approved yet, or are they still pending?
Mine was approved in under a day last week, but a HIT for the group I'm in hasn't been posted yet this week. The requester might be mad about something.

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry if this was already talked about. I went back a couple of pages and scrolled through quickly to check.
Did anyone else get this super long email? This is just an excerpt...

"Why is this study being done?
The purpose of this research study is to understand how different contest structures (simultaneous structure vs. sequential structure) would affect crowdsourcing workers’ performance. In a simultaneous structure contest, contestants will finish all tasks required for the project all at once, while in a sequential structure contest, the whole project is divided into several sub-contests in which contestants only need to finish one task in each sub-contest. Your participation in the study will contribute to a better understanding of how online crowdsourcing contest structures should be designed in order to improve workers’ performance and contest outcome. You are free to contact the investigator at the above address, email, and phone number to discuss the study. You must be at least 18 years old to participate.

In the consent that we presented to you before you started participating in the contest, we simply stated the purpose of the study was “to understand how different contest designs would affect contestants’ performance”, but did not specify that we were studying the influence of contest"

Reactions: DareAngel3

nopoopwarez

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Open link, review image | PANDA
Requester: Sergey Schmidt [A1IFMRTRLY6CMX] (Req TV): N/A
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
---
Time: 1 hour(s)
HITs Available: 199
Reward: $0.05
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 97;

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score

lolkatB

Contributor
Reaction score
I can't see for toffee. I might have to bite the bullet and set things up in black. I had lens replacements as a treatment for cataracts about 3 years ago and I have a load of debris floating around that's clouding things. That added ti a bit of hayfever means that black text on white is just vanishing. Sigh

P L A Y E R 9 1

Don't Mind The Salt!
Contributor
Reaction score

nopoopwarez

Contributor
Reaction score
Don't forget to check your T-mobile Tuesday app for free stuff today. I think it's a $2 Baskin Robbins gift card

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone who used to do them seen eyeson.ai lately? I have not.

I wonder if they are all done collecting data.

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score

i think all requesters are done collecting data.

PandaThief

Reaction score

They were around about 2 months ago, changed up the hit where you had to do more work but for 10c. Wasn't worth it to me. Liked the 5c ones better

Reactions: tricker

rsclone

This is my partner Fellatio Del Toro
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah the seat belt one. I should have know better when it was titled "Answer a survey about your opinions on belt..." I like belts. They hold up my pants.
he flat out said FU even though it was his fault....

email the IRB and AMZ mturk-worker-support@amazon.com...

The publicly available ODU IRB emails are at the bottom of this publicly available page on their publicly available website for you John or anyone else who did this HIT...

https://www.odu.edu/impact/compliance/irbnet

"It was set up incorrectly"
"Unfortunately, we cannot give the $1"

Last edited:

nopoopwarez

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: 10 minute academic Survey(~ 5 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Emma Levine [A324UW6F1MMALO] (Req TV): $11.77/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
Participate in a decision-making task with others and have a chance to receive a bonus
Time: 1 hour(s)
HITs Available: 5
Reward: $0.75
Qualifications: Exc: [-138043051-96819] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US;

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
T @theturkscribe I got the e-mail, too. I'm assuming it's one of those end-of-study questions that offered "do you want to hear more about our hypothesis?" and I clicked yes, months ago, and now have no idea what they're talking about.

psminty

Reaction score
Sorry if this was already talked about. I went back a couple of pages and scrolled through quickly to check.
Did anyone else get this super long email? This is just an excerpt...

"Why is this study being done?
The purpose of this research study is to understand how different contest structures (simultaneous structure vs. sequential structure) would affect crowdsourcing workers’ performance. In a simultaneous structure contest, contestants will finish all tasks required for the project all at once, while in a sequential structure contest, the whole project is divided into several sub-contests in which contestants only need to finish one task in each sub-contest. Your participation in the study will contribute to a better understanding of how online crowdsourcing contest structures should be designed in order to improve workers’ performance and contest outcome. You are free to contact the investigator at the above address, email, and phone number to discuss the study. You must be at least 18 years old to participate.

In the consent that we presented to you before you started participating in the contest, we simply stated the purpose of the study was “to understand how different contest designs would affect contestants’ performance”, but did not specify that we were studying the influence of contest"

I received it too... Think when this HIT was done, they forgot to include the debriefing page. Just a CYA on their part...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.