07/10 - Wish Wednesday!

Do you like the new requester information on MTurk?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Could've easily been implemented by the TV devs in days if not hours but good to see amazon is kinda listening to us .
I think it's important that Amazon provides stuff like this in the stock UI. Sure, a 3rd party like TV or whatever might have been able to do something similar, but they only have reviews from turkers to go off of. Turkers aren't always the most reliable when it comes to reporting approval times, rejections, etc. This data comes straight from MTurk, so it's at least accurate.

It also cuts down on the need for 3rd party tools, which I think is a good thing. It may not seem like much to those of us that have been around and know our way on MTurk, but I think it can be really beneficial to newer turkers coming in. I see so many people starting up on MTurk, not really knowing what sort of tools they should be using or even knowing what scripts are, and they end up getting burned by requesters with bad reputations because they don't know any better. Hopefully, this can cut down on that a bit.

However, I do feel like that data needs to show a shorter time-frame than two years. Just because a requester posted a million HITs a year and a half ago and approved them all doesn't mean that they couldn't have gone reject-crazy in their more recent batches. That data would do a pretty poor job at reflecting that.

Mikeyyyyy

Contributor
Champion
Reaction score
I think it's important that Amazon provides stuff like this in the stock UI. Sure, a 3rd party like TV or whatever might have been able to do something similar, but they only have reviews from turkers to go off of. Turkers aren't always the most reliable when it comes to reporting approval times, rejections, etc. This data comes straight from MTurk, so it's at least accurate.

It also cuts down on the need for 3rd party tools, which I think is a good thing. It may not seem like much to those of us that have been around and know our way on MTurk, but I think it can be really beneficial to newer turkers coming in. I see so many people starting up on MTurk, not really knowing what sort of tools they should be using or even knowing what scripts are, and they end up getting burned by requesters with bad reputations because they don't know any better. Hopefully, this can cut down on that a bit.

However, I do feel like that data needs to show a shorter time-frame than two years. Just because a requester posted a million HITs a year and a half ago and approved them all doesn't mean that they couldn't have gone reject-crazy in their more recent batches. That data would do a pretty poor job at reflecting that.
An addition to this, I'm hoping that this is easily available on the requester side as well. Even just for the hope that a few of them will see their trash rating and realize they also have a 'grade'. I've emailed req's before about their TO rating on rejects but to be honest it's probably a far cry for them to worry about a rating on a third party website, and they really don't get it in general most times anyway.

With that being said, I guess it doesn't really matter because regardless of their rating, unlike us as workers, amazon will do nothing to req's who are reject happy or taking data without the intent to pay. Because, there's zero chance that Amazon implements a penalty which will remove them from the platform, in turn losing amazon money.

Good idea though.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Title: Consumer Choice Survey(~ 9 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Sven Mikolon [A1BM2FBNU0JCZW] Contact
TV: Hrly=$12.20 | Pay=Good | Approval=~24 hrs | Comm=Unrated | Rej=0 | Blk=0
TO: Pay=1.67 | Fast=0.00 | Comm=0.00 | Fair=0.00 | Reviews=3 | ToS=0
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.70
Duration: 30:00
Available: 62
Description: A survey about consumer decision-making.
Qualifications: Exc: [93992283-156905] DoesNotExist ; SurveyGroup [2433] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; HIT approval rate (%) LessThanOrEqualTo 99; Location In US

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
An addition to this, I'm hoping that this is easily available on the requester side as well. Even just for the hope that a few of them will see their trash rating and realize they also have a 'grade'. I've emailed req's before about their TO rating on rejects but to be honest it's probably a far cry for them to worry about a rating on a third party website, and they really don't get it in general most times anyway.

With that being said, I guess it doesn't really matter because regardless of their rating, unlike us as workers, amazon will do nothing to req's who are reject happy or taking data without the intent to pay. Because, there's zero chance that Amazon implements a penalty which will remove them from the platform, in turn losing amazon money.

Good idea though.
Yes, I hope so too.

Also, this made me curious about what my requester ratings look like. ?

cb456

Let's do some hits!
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Make predictions about political events $16. (~ 120 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: SurveyComet [A3NC2P2SPK9QQ] (Req TV): $20.61/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: 4.15] [Fair: 4.79] [Comm: 4.15] [Fast: 4.71]
Description:
This is an invitation to complete a two hour political forecasting HIT to make predictions about political events.
Time: 4 hour(s)
HITs Available: 8
Reward: $16.00
Qualifications: SurveyGroup [2589] DoesNotExist ; Exc: [158475-157886] DoesNotExist ; Inc: [19-157886] Exists ;

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Qualifications: Exc: [93992283-156905] DoesNotExist ; SurveyGroup [2433] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; HIT approval rate (%) LessThanOrEqualTo 99; Location In US

Trucker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
5:56 min | $7.08/hr

Reactions: aveline

DatJersey

Reaction score
Title: Get Credit for Chat Annotations | PANDA
Requester: Alexa Shopping NLP Research [A1W89ORI4UNV0T] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 3.50 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.00 Generosity
★★★★ 4.33 Fairness
★★★★ 4.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 6 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Get Credit For Finished Annotations
Time: 3600
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $6.00
Qualifications: ConvShoppingCompQual20190620 Exists
Compensation for those who could not submit yesterday or whenever. You should have got the qual this morning.

Reactions: aveline

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
I wish I could do a SC every day :(
Title: Home Goods Price Study (≈ 5 minutes) | Accept
Requester: SurveyComet [A3NC2P2SPK9QQ] Contact
TV: Hrly=$20.30 | Pay=Good | Approval=~24 hrs | Comm=Excellent | Rej=2 | Blk=0
TO: Pay=4.16 | Fast=4.70 | Comm=4.15 | Fair=4.79 | Reviews=537 | ToS=3
Reward: 0.50
Available: 1
Description: A study for homeowners about different home goods
Qualifications: Exc: [158206-157617] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; TP Panel: -774563047 N GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location In US

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Home Goods Price Study (≈ 5 minutes) | Accept
Requester: SurveyComet [A3NC2P2SPK9QQ] Contact
TV: Hrly=$20.30 | Pay=Good | Approval=~24 hrs | Comm=Excellent | Rej=2 | Blk=0
TO: Pay=4.16 | Fast=4.70 | Comm=4.15 | Fair=4.79 | Reviews=537 | ToS=3
Reward: 0.50
Available: 1
Description: A study for homeowners about different home goods
Qualifications: Exc: [158206-157617] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; TP Panel: -774563047 N GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location In US
Lmao

Okay, I wish I could do a $16 SC every day. :p
(I can't do that one anyways) :ROFL:

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
I got *one* HIT from them right after I started and apparently they decided I'm Not Their Sort Of Person because I've been locked out of everything since.

It was the opposite for me. I don't think I've done a survey for them since like 2013, yet they keep giving me quals.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
I like the AMT requester data. I like having a percentage figure and it's a plus since it's based on unpublished AMT data. It's annoying when a new requester posts something, TV has reviews as people do some of those HITs but no rejections listed because the requester hasn't approved or rejected those first HITs they've posted. I'm left to wonder if I should do scared money or wait for news of approvals to be posted on TV. I assume AMT won't list a thing for the approval part until a requester actually has approved or rejected some of their HITs.

I just wish it wouldn't pop up on everything (requester name, requester's HIT title, pay amount, etc). I'd be happy if it would just pop up only when I hover over the requester name.

Now, if AMT could only fix the qualifications section. I hate searching through 85 pages of quals for the info I want and the qual sorter script doesn't work for me.

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
It was the opposite for me. I don't think I've done a survey for them since like 2013, yet they keep giving me quals.
I'm not sure but I think they use the quals to prevent you from taking the surveys. I seem to have all the new quals even though I just did the one survey.

Status
Not open for further replies.