07/12 - Tim Allen Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jan

Reaction score
I've been thinking about getting a 9-5 job again. The thought depresses the hell out of me, but then again I've been kind of depressed the last two months turking. I stay inside & turk and eat and think too much of the past
you'll meet more people that way..........which might really help :)

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Hey Johnny, I love PC. Would you mind explaining the "Miss" number when you have a Job marked as Pantha? I noticed several times this morning I would have zoltars accepted and the pop up notification would tell me I caught them, they would be in my cue watch but disappear as I worked through them. So it would show I caught three but as I worked the first and second the third would disappear out of the cue. When I went directly to "Hits assigned to you" There was no third one even from the start. Is that because the Pantha got to the preview page but not the accept page? This happened whether I was near a captcha or not. In total PC told me I caught 51 Zolts today but in reality I caught 48. I tried briefly setting it to Panda and it didn't happen, but that was only a brief window.
Hmmm I haven't actually seen that happen. The miss gets updated when the script try's to accept the hit and it receives a message saying it didn't get it so it counts it as a miss if in pantha mode. Somebody grabbed it before you. Only thing I can think of when it shows more hits accepted than you have is something to do with the captcha. I'll have to look to see if I can figure out what is happening. I don't get captchas so can't really test it easily.

Reactions: Tribune and <Gucci>

TurkingMaster

Crowd Master
Banned
Reaction score
Now the generic wallstreets even have a timer on them making their hits completely not worth my time anymore :rolleyes:

Reactions: NEETbro and Tribune

Red Leaf Falls

Sauerkraut Salesman
Reaction score
Hmmm I haven't actually seen that happen. The miss gets updated when the script try's to accept the hit and it receives a message saying it didn't get it so it counts it as a miss if in pantha mode. Somebody grabbed it before you. Only thing I can think of when it shows more hits accepted than you have is something to do with the captcha. I'll have to look to see if I can figure out what is happening. I don't get captchas so can't really test it easily.
Ok thank you. It happened one time when I think it was a captcha that caused it, but it happened again shortly after. So unless I'm getting Captchas every 10 hits like some others said they were getting this morning then I think it could be something else.

Kessikitty

Issac the Todd
Contributor
Reaction score
It happened to me when I turned on pantha a few times. It wasn't a captcha, either. I think I was just a lil slow.

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Ok thank you. It happened one time when I think it was a captcha that caused it, but it happened again shortly after. So unless I'm getting Captchas every 10 hits like some others said they were getting this morning then I think it could be something else.
It should only recognize an accepted hit if it sees a return button on the page. It puts it in the queue watch window by itself and will only update the queue window after 40 seconds to find out what is really in your queue. I'll see if I can find a better way to recognize an accept or it could be just a weird thing that happens on pantha mode. If anyone sees that happen in normal panda mode would love to know.

Tribune

Tribune of the Plebs
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Reaction score
I've been thinking about getting a 9-5 job again. The thought depresses the hell out of me, but then again I've been kind of depressed the last two months turking. I stay inside & turk and eat and think too much of the past
Peachy @PeachyRider, depression is sometimes hard to shake it off alone. Have you tried asking for professional help to guide you and find resources to find the source of your depression? I apologize for the abrupt question (you don't have to reply back if you don't want to). I'm just concerned for your health. You can always send me a PM. I'm not a professional expert, but I'm willing to extend my arm for moral support. I hope you feel better, but please consider seeking a professional expert to help you overcome what you're going through.

jan

Reaction score

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
You're not the only one. I have 70, and I'd like it to stay that way. For a few days it was at 71, when that one requester rejected everyone cuz of some glitch in their system, and that bugged me. :D
that was my 24th that got overturned! i mean...i'm glad it was, but now i have to look at 23 all the time!

Reactions: Tribune and jan

jan

Reaction score
Title: Take a quick survey! | PANDA
Requester: NerdLab Lab Group [ATMRMLDNGYDJT] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 4.00 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 3.52 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.71 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.44 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 206
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: Share your opinions. Survey length is 3-5 minutes.
Time: 60 minutes
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $0.30
Qualifications: TG has not been granted; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is US

Reactions: Tribune
Status
Not open for further replies.