07/14 - Strawberry Shortcake Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
Yea I've started shoplifting 9.25% of each of my grocery trips so it all evens out though.
Thats probably the only way to get by once you factor in all the other taxes.

Reactions: C to the J

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Thats probably the only way to get by once you factor in all the other taxes.
Nah it's easy to live good in the south.
Taking off for a week long vacation next week actually.

Cost of housing being cheap, utilities cheap af.
Sales tax is more than offset by those.

My mom moved back to California this month and she just bought a house that costs 4x times as much as ours and it's actually a bit smaller, in a much shittier neighborhood too lol.
Spending half a million just to live in the ghetto.

Reactions: Itsmee

largeeyes

Reaction score
She currently performing in Berlin?...
Yep. Olympiastadion, so it's outdoors. Can usually hear concerts there, depending on the wind. That was a rather ridiculous amount of bass, though. Now I kind of wonder what Metallica sounded like here last week.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score

jhest1976

Reaction score
Good afternoon, everyone!

Started the day planning to do a little housework between HITs. Not sure why I thought today’s workload was going to be different than any other Sunday. Oh well…at least I’ve been able to do a ton of housework, plus some vehicle maintenance.

PE: Dismal

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
I am glad I didn't miss the noah train.

Reactions: Gator

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
This years Wimbledon did not disappoint. One of the best finals matches ever.
As unsatisfying as deciding soccer matches on penalty kicks.

These players are supposedly athletes - I'm okay with earlier rounds going to tiebreaker after 12-12 in the final set, but a Championship should be last athlete standing as in who wants it more, even if the final set goes 65-63.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
As unsatisfying as deciding soccer matches on penalty kicks.

These players are supposedly athletes - I'm okay with earlier rounds going to tiebreaker after 12-12 in the final set, but a Championship should be last athlete standing as in who wants it more, even if the final set goes 65-63.
they are definitely athletes. running for points for 5 hours. and although there is a tiebreaker at 12-12 in the 5th set at Wimbledon now... I didn’t feel like it cheapened anything. Both players had numerous chances to win.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
they are definitely athletes. running for points for 5 hours. and although there is a tiebreaker at 12-12 in the 5th set at Wimbledon now... I didn’t feel like it cheapened anything. Both players had numerous chances to win.
the only break they should get is a rulebook curfew at the 8 hour mark of the match so the athletes can go home, sleep, eat, reenergize and be ready to continue the 5th and final set the following day.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
the only break they should get is a rulebook curfew at the 8 hour mark of the match so the athletes can go home, sleep, eat, reenergize and be ready to continue the 5th and final set the following day.
well only one of the four grand slams play by those rules now and its the French Open

I personally feel 12-12 in the 5th is plenty of time and gives both players plenty of chances to win.

Fed had 40-15 up a break at 8-7 in the fifth to close out the match and he couldn’t do it. He eventually lost in the 12-12 tiebreak. Joker was also up a break early in the 5th and Fed came back.

Both players had multiple chances to win before Joker finally pulled it out in the breaker

if it was a 6-6 tiebreak like it usually is in non-grand slam tournaments i would feel like that wouldn’t be enough time but 12-12? that’s 24 games. plenty of chances to win the match and both players had those chances

Turtlefemm

Mostly a Turtle
Contributor
Mentor
Reaction score
Peachy @Peachy are you doing the Taboola hits? (Masters) no TO at all

Status
Not open for further replies.