Status
Not open for further replies.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Reactions: Jaded and coffeeowl

SunlitSunflower

FIGHT FOR LIFE! STRIVE FOR MORE. GROW TALL!
Reaction score
I know I'm a filthy lurker who lives in the drain pipes and only occasionally surfaces to steal the chips someone forgot about in the back of the pantry, but I like visiting this forum. The vast majority of you have never come across to me as unwelcoming or unfriendly. I appreciate the hits that get posted and enjoy all the ridiculous conversations. It makes turking a little more interesting for me....even if it doesn't help my 2 second attention span to constantly switch between actual working and reading shitposts (no I will not turn on Hits Only Mode, never suggest that again).
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

But then if no one is arguing where will I get my drama?

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Some people are really excited about their day... every day... multiple times a day.

I'm not saying people shouldn't be able to post their earnings but people should definitely better consider when they are stepping into spamming territory.
I agree that some people can be a little excessive. I just don't want to see complaints about it anymore. All it does is discourage people from posting anything at all and that's not healthy for a forum. There's gotta be a script floating around that hides PE posts, right? Or maybe someone could make one if they feel it's that bad? We have an ignore button, too. There shouldn't be anything at all to complain about.

Miriette

Shitpost Appreciator
Contributor
Reaction score
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

But then if no one is arguing where will I get my drama?
Here, how about this: I bet you're not even a real sunflower.

Come get me.

SunlitSunflower

FIGHT FOR LIFE! STRIVE FOR MORE. GROW TALL!
Reaction score
I agree that some people can be a little excessive. I just don't want to see complaints about it anymore. All it does is discourage people from posting anything at all and that's not healthy for a forum. There's gotta be a script floating around that hides PE posts, right? Or maybe someone could make one if they feel it's that bad? We have an ignore button, too. There shouldn't be anything at all to complain about.
But all I do is complain.

tempo

Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for letting us know about the ignore button! :D

IPsoft AWS Account

Requester
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I think I'm going to have to go lie down, this is almost too much.

That aside, the HITs of yours that I've managed to catch have been great and I appreciate a responsive and fair requester.
I'm glad! I really enjoy interacting with people who do work for us (and even with those of you who don't) here and via email, so it works out well both ways.

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Negotiation | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Alex Van Zant [A3VDQ7V0QCT9PM] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.33] [Fast: 4.88] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 57] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
Not Available
Description: $2.00 for a 10-minute negotiation. Most workers will also receive a bonus payment depending on performance.
Time: 1 hour
HITs Available: 56
Reward: $2.00
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US;

HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.21.11
14 mins.

Squatty @Squatty

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
PROLIFIC STUDY
Title:
Voice and Personality Research
Hosted by : SIA Toneboard, r.n. 40203023120
Reward : £ 0.60
Avg. Reward Per Hour :
£7.2/hr
Available Places : 4003/4990
Maximum Allowed Time : 60mins
Avg. Completion Time : 5mins

Reactions: kryss

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
By the way, I apologize for derailing the thread for so long, to everyone that's trying to work. We've been recognizing some problems over the last couple months and this month has actually been pretty dismal for activity levels around here, so we just want to address things now, before it gets any worse.

I can not stress enough that if you see a problem here that's not being addressed, please make use of the Forum Guidelines and Moderation Discussion Thread. We want to do better and we can't always do that if people aren't communicating with us.

atomicminotaur

Reaction score
I like small potatoes. Especially small motivational potatoes.

(If you do ever have question don't hesitate to reach out. We've been accused of being TOO helpful so I'm sure you'll get about 6 answers to any question you have.)
I really need to set aside some time and ask some questions. I don't feel I get all I can out of my turking, considering where I'm at with my submission count. I feel like I should be doing better than $20 for ~4 hours work on average. I know that's on me, and I need to learn more about what I'm doing. I won't get into more here, but I will post elsewhere today/tonight and start a conversation.

Thank you. Small potatoes are best potatoes - especially salt potatoes drowning in butter.

Status
Not open for further replies.