07/26 - Totoro Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
No, because that posits a world where you were working on HITs.

What are HITs?

I have a serious question about something.
I'll use the v2Ls as an example.
during a hit where there are several batches, so do people have pandas set up for each individual batch, or is there one catch-all that people were using?

If there are several batches one would have to use several pandas

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score
So...I'm trying to get a handle on the C-stats, I had the guts to submit one today finally (pun unintended) but with no actual training, I hope I'm doing more than just not so educated guessing. Anyone had any feedback or rejections? it looks like submitting too quickly is a big one, i definitely didn't do that.

Reactions: BrewMeister

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
So...I'm trying to get a handle on the C-stats, I had the guts to submit one today finally (pun unintended) but with no actual training, I hope I'm doing more than just not so educated guessing. Anyone had any feedback or rejections? it looks like submitting too quickly is a big one, i definitely didn't do that.

AFAIK they don't reject unless you are blatantly scamming. But I could be remembering wrong.

LurkyTurkey

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not talking about people who reach out to requesters in polite ways to see why they got rejected. I'm talking about this:
I got your meaning, and you're usually pretty fair about things.

Reactions: Jaded

Kathryn

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Contributor
Reaction score
There's mostly the dregs leftover (with a few exceptions). There were easy ones earlier.
You're getting all the throwbacks. It was around 5 hours of easy ones with not a lot of competition between 2:30am to about 7:30ish. Only then did the batch finally start going down. Probably didn't start getting a majority of ones you had to dig for until after 3pm.

Basically I got super lucky that I stayed up later than usual and then just caffeinated up knowing if I just sat there and did them I could take the rest of the week off.
Yeah, I've thrown a bunch back. Turned off my PANDA because my eyes hurt, but still have 12 queued up!

Reactions: Jesicu

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score
Their whole system is built around the theory that a bunch of randoms making educated guesses lead to a relatively accurate result. I wouldn't worry.

Yuk

Reaction score
Ooooops blank post

Eta: there is a function for that in Panda Crazy
Correct me if I'm wrong, but are what you are referring to is a group type setting, where this group would have 5 pandas in it and you can start or stop the whole group at the same time? If so, that would still be a different panda set up, for 5 total. Not a situation where 1 single panda is set up to catch 5 seperate batches at the same time per refresh, which is what they were asking about I believe.

VGB

dr. peepee poopoo
Reaction score
I don't do them anymore, but all they used to want was an honest effort. I reasoned things out in my comments and never had any issues.

Reactions: T. Leela

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Dude. I am stuck on 19 of 20 for that Matt Garner qual.
I was stuck there too. Sorry, been dealing with a headache otherwise I'd have responded sooner. That particular one I think is screwed up a little bit, and I had to reenter information time and time again. I think for that one it's just a matter of trial and error.

Reactions: Not A Robot

TotalBabe

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
~4 mins.

Title: Easy & Fun Academic Study (5 min)
Requester: Lab304 [A3SG84R7RQGP86] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 0.00 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 2.75 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 11
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: Tell us about your thoughts. Short and easy.
Time: 20 minutes
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $0.55
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is greater than 100, HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95, Location is US

LightningLord

You think that's a Schwinn.
Contributor
Reaction score
v2l just put up more hits and messed up the location qual.... x.x

MerryLou

unpalatable
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but are what you are referring to is a group type setting, where this group would have 5 pandas in it and you can start or stop the whole group at the same time? If so, that would still be a different panda set up, for 5 total. Not a situation where 1 single panda is set up to catch 5 seperate batches at the same time per refresh, which is what they were asking about I believe.
I sort of misspoke. :D

There is a function on Panda Crazy where you input your PandA but then also the Requester ID and then do 'search' and it will try and accept the next HIT from that requester. But then it runs that PandA only.. I believe. I guess you could click it on and off again after it catches one to try and grab more from a different batch but no, it's not exactly what he was looking for (which I now realize after reading more about it here: http://www.mturkcrowd.com/posts/301478/)

Reactions: Yuk
Status
Not open for further replies.