07/30 - Magical Money Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
That was really funny. It's probably true. and they all have to be A9 HITs.
I got Masters shortly after 14 months on MTurk (I was even inactive for 4 months of that) and 75,000 HITs.

I barely touched A9's. Did something like 10,000 411Richmonds (verify single value), 20,000 Ibottas (same receipt? y/n), 30,000+ Customer Interests, and the rest was a random mix of other batches & surveys. To this day, whenever surveys are slow to pop-up (like right now) I turn-on my Ibotta Panda. Whenever a batch of Customer Interests drop, I stop what I'm working on and do as many of those as I can.

I would be willing to wager that Amazon doesn't only consider approval % and total HITs, but they also consider a user's activity while logged in... Like a ratio of HITs completed/total hours logged. So casually completing 20 $1-$5 surveys over a 12 hours span each day may not be the fastest way to getting Masters (I'm not saying that's what you do, of course).

Reactions: Achilles2357

Achilles2357

Reaction score
I return a lot of HITs that don't put a clear time expected to finish the HIT. Nothing worse than getting a $1.50 HIT and then it saying it'll take 40 minutes in the informed consent. I usually make a point of saying a little something on turkopticon when they do that. This skinny white boy doesn't even think about completing a HIT for less than $1/10 minutes and I think it's unreasonable for a requester to assume I will.
I find that most surveys/studies significantly overstate the time required. This is partially because as you get better at mturk, you can burn through the easy stuff like consent pages, demos, etc., and get faster at standard question sets. But I also suspect that some academic requesters intentionally overstate the time required in order to make their study seem more substantial than it is. Of course, a few don't, but I think many do, and this might bring them cred when they publish results, etc.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
It's funny you mention that. I pick up a HIT like that every week. I tossed one back today. $20 HIT that wanted me to go through a bunch of corporate document and distil some policies down to a list on a spreadsheet. He put up examples and really tried with the instructions but... I just won't put the time into something I feel has a high chance of getting arbitrarily rejected because some obscure requirement wasn't met. Then I might send out an email saying some shit that I shouldn't.... and who knows where it goes from there. Best to just let someone else deal with the headache. I do alright on here without those HITs. But yeah, I see those things at least once a week. Call it a hot potato or a rejection grenade getting ready to go off in someones face.
Trying to shake off this headache so I can do some HITs.
37 pages of qualifications and about 2 of those pages are relevant. Thanks for the congestion survey comet.
Aww, 37. It's sooo cute. :wink:

JK. I still don't think I have many. Lot's of peeps have multiple hundreds. I don't qual as much as I should.
two different metrics on the qualifications page
That's what I thought but, never cared enough to check. But, thanks for that.:)

PS It cracks me up every time you quote yourself. I don't know why. Inception posting. Your alerts list must just be a wall of "AlexDroog quoted your post..." :p

EDIT Not judging. Don't stop quoting yourself. I just think it's funny but, I'm weird.

Last edited:

AlexDroog

Singing in the rain...
Reaction score
I got Masters shortly after 14 months on MTurk (I was even inactive for 4 months of that) and 75,000 HITs.

I barely touched A9's. Did something like 10,000 411Richmonds (verify single value), 20,000 Ibottas (same receipt? y/n), 30,000+ Customer Interests, and the rest was a random mix of other batches & surveys. To this day, whenever surveys are slow to pop-up (like right now) I turn-on my Ibotta Panda. Whenever a batch of Customer Interests drop, I stop what I'm working on and do as many of those as I can.

I would be willing to wager that Amazon doesn't only consider approval % and total HITs, but they also consider a user's activity while logged in... Like a ratio of HITs completed/total hours logged. So casually completing 20 $1-$5 surveys over a 12 hours span each day may not be the fastest way to getting Masters (I'm not saying that's what you do, of course).
No dude, you got me pegged. I pretty much only do surveys, user tests, audio recordings, and a handful of other decent paying stuff. I won't touch receipts, audio transcription, or AI bounding box with a 10 foot pole. 6 hours a day pulls in $40-60 with a little +/-. I've only been on for 2 1/2 months and only 1 1/2 months using scripts. My M.O. makes me the easiest amount of money with the least time/effort. I DO want to get masters but I figure I have plenty of time to diversify my HITs for the run up to that. Besides, masters is like the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow for me right now. I have to focus on quals and getting better at scripts.

AlexDroog

Singing in the rain...
Reaction score
Trying to shake off this headache so I can do some HITs.

Aww, 37. It's sooo cute. :wink:

JK. I still don't think I have many. Lot's of peeps have multiple hundreds. I don't qual as much as I should.

That's what I thought but, never cared enough to check. But, thanks for that.:)

PS It cracks me up every time you quote yourself. I don't know why. Inception posting. Your alerts list must just be a wall of "AlexDroog quoted your post..." :p

EDIT Not judging. Don't stop quoting yourself. I just think it's funny but, I'm weird.
LOL, no it doesn't go all inception on me when I quote myself. But I think it would be cool if it did. I still have yet to really get into the art of qual'ing. I'm still new at this with less than 3 months in. But this is what I do, it is now my job. So I need to get better at it.

Reactions: Jerami

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
No dude, you got me pegged. I pretty much only do surveys, user tests, audio recordings, and a handful of other decent paying stuff. I won't touch receipts, audio transcription, or AI bounding box with a 10 foot pole. 6 hours a day pulls in $40-60 with a little +/-. I've only been on for 2 1/2 months and only 1 1/2 months using scripts. My M.O. makes me the easiest amount of money with the least time/effort. I DO want to get masters but I figure I have plenty of time to diversify my HITs for the run up to that. Besides, masters is like the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow for me right now. I have to focus on quals and getting better at scripts.
10,000 HITs was a goal that opened a door to a bunch of HITs, way back when I hit it. Masters isn't really something you can shoot for, like that, without knowing exactly what it is that gets you there. Masters is more of a 'do your best and hope' sort of goal. imo

Reactions: AlexDroog

AlexDroog

Singing in the rain...
Reaction score

that amount of HITs boggles my mind. I have 2400 approved and have made like $1100. Shows you what my M.O. is.

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I had an experience pretty early on Turking where a no-TO requester dropped a huge batch, right when some other popular requester dropped a huge batch. I ripped through about 100 of the no-TO requester at a $150/hour pace, then got scared-off. That batch ended up lasting for 4 more hours, but it was just too risky for me to do any more and risk so many rejections... I could have made $600 in 4 hours! (it still kindof stings).

So that experience is the main reason why I've made a concerted effort to keep padding my numbers, so that I can go all-in on no-TO batches that have great hourly rates. The Master's just kinda happened a year or two earlier than I had expected.

AlexDroog

Singing in the rain...
Reaction score
10,000 HITs was a goal that opened a door to a bunch of HITs, way back when I hit it. Masters isn't really something you can shoot for, like that, without knowing exactly what it is that gets you there. Masters is more of a 'do your best and hope' sort of goal. imo
Yeah, I've read up on it. It's like getting a blessing from a being who exist on a plane above you. I would like to shoot for that 10,000 HIT mark but I can't find the number HITs like I did when I first started. Not without taking a big hit on my rate. I'm open to suggestions.

Reactions: <Gucci> and Jerami

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

I'm not going to say it's not that 'cause, how would I know? But, I do know that what would get you Masters 3 years ago and what gets you there now are 2 entirely different things. Obviously things and needs change. So do the things that get you there. But, once again, who knows?

Reactions: <Gucci>

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I'm not going to say it's not that 'cause, how would I know? But, I do know that what would get you Masters 3 years ago and what gets you there now are 2 entirely different things. Obviously things and needs change. So do the things that get you there. But, once again, who knows?
This is very true. I got my Masters in that first round when they started issuing them more frequently. Honestly, when I started Turking I thought it was pointless to even try to get Masters because Amazon had probably stopped giving them out, because it had been something like 1.5 years since the last ones were awarded.

Reactions: Jerami and <Gucci>

AlexDroog

Singing in the rain...
Reaction score
I had an experience pretty early on Turking where a no-TO requester dropped a huge batch, right when some other popular requester dropped a huge batch. I ripped through about 100 of the no-TO requester at a $150/hour pace, then got scared-off. That batch ended up lasting for 4 more hours, but it was just too risky for me to do any more and risk so many rejections... I could have made $600 in 4 hours! (it still kindof stings).

So that experience is the main reason why I've made a concerted effort to keep padding my numbers, so that I can go all-in on no-TO batches that have great hourly rates. The Master's just kinda happened a year or two earlier than I had expected.
I found a couple that were OK, nothing like that. That movie recommendation chat from about 1 1/2 month ago made me some money. But I haven't been able to find a batch HIT that I can dig in quite a while. It's not even about taking a hit on pay. I would devote an hour a day into padding my numbers for next to nothing pay, knowing it would pay off when I hit the 10k mark. I just can't find the batch HITs that I can burn through. BUmmer you missed out on that money opportunity as much as you did. I have nightmares too about having a big batch of rejections. How do you come back from something like that? Slowly, I would assume.

Reactions: Jerami and <Gucci>

<Gucci>

Francis Manancis ...fuck you...
Threaderator
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I found a couple that were OK, nothing like that. That movie recommendation chat from about 1 1/2 month ago made me some money. But I haven't been able to find a batch HIT that I can dig in quite a while. It's not even about taking a hit on pay. I would devote an hour a day into padding my numbers for next to nothing pay, knowing it would pay off when I hit the 10k mark. I just can't find the batch HITs that I can burn through. BUmmer you missed out on that money opportunity as much as you did. I have nightmares too about having a big batch of rejections. How do you come back from something like that? Slowly, I would assume.
The real money is in transcription.
Get your speechpad quals if you can.
Go on speechpad.com try your luck.
$$$$$

Reactions: jklmnop and Jerami

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, I've read up on it. It's like getting a blessing from a being who exist on a plane above you. I would like to shoot for that 10,000 HIT mark but I can't find the number HITs like I did when I first started. Not without taking a big hit on my rate. I'm open to suggestions.
It doesn't really matter what you do for numbers, just do them. Find something that takes a second or 2 and pays a penny.(Image flagging, single images or Buzzfeed had 6 on a single page and you had to click the puppies. Or "Is this photo appropriate?") You won't get a ton of them but, run a PandA when it's slow but, you're still working and you'll get 10 or 15 an hour. Nothing major but, an extra hundred HITs helps when you're only doing 40-80 per day, if I were to guess. "Are these 2 receipts the same?" Ibotta are quick and painless too. HIT set I:eek: 3BH1IVA3VJXE20OLEULG3K8PC6Q1RU

EDIT Don't do it when you're busy but, times like this and it won't interfere with your pay.

<Gucci>

Threaderator
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
This is very true. I got my Masters in that first round when they started issuing them more frequently. Honestly, when I started Turking I thought it was pointless to even try to get Masters because Amazon had probably stopped giving them out, because it had been something like 1.5 years since the last ones were awarded.
I had similar stats to yours when I got masters 75-80k and 3 Rejections at the time. I think I’m at 5 now. :)
I thought it was a prank email from someone on the forum.!!!

AlexDroog

Singing in the rain...
Reaction score
The real money is in transcription.
Get your speechpad quals if you can.
Go on speechpad.com try your luck.
$$$$$
I've been checking up on them on the regular but they aren't taking anyone new. I think it's been months since they've given out a qual. Everytime I try a transcription HIT it some garbled junk from a person who recently learned english. I don't know if it's just bad luck or what. Cause I can type fast.

<Gucci>

Threaderator
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I've been checking up on them on the regular but they aren't taking anyone new. I think it's been months since they've given out a qual. Everytime I try a transcription HIT it some garbled junk from a person who recently learned english. I don't know if it's just bad luck or what. Cause I can type fast.
I think you have to make an account on their website to be able to link it to your account.
It’s been a long time since I took the quals..
Crowdsurf also has their own platform they were paying extra this weekend....

Reactions: Jerami

AlexDroog

Singing in the rain...
Reaction score
It doesn't really matter what you do for numbers, just do them. Find something that takes a second or 2 and pays a penny.(Image flagging, single images or Buzzfeed had 6 on a single page and you had to click the puppies. Or "Is this photo appropriate?") You won't get a ton of them but, run a PandA when it's slow but, you're still working and you'll get 10 or 15 an hour. Nothing major but, an extra hundred HITs helps when you're only doing 40-80 per day, if I were to guess. "Are these 2 receipts the same?" Ibotta are quick and painless too. HIT set I:eek: 3BH1IVA3VJXE20OLEULG3K8PC6Q1RU

EDIT Don't do it when you're busy but, times like this and it won't interfere with your pay.
thanks for the HIT ID. That'll work in HIT catcher right? I don't use panda.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
thanks for the HIT ID. That'll work in HIT catcher right? I don't use panda.
I got it from HitCatcher. We all use PandA's( Preview and Accept) but, you don't use Panda Crazy, I'm assuming.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.