07/31 - Saved By the Bell Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
it's such a tiny painting!
Mastery requires more than just focus... it takes experimentation and inspiration. He revisited it multiple times over those many years as he learned new things and thought of new ways to depict the light. It was also painted in many layers which was part of the magic of the painting itself... it has an almost 3 dimensional quality to the light depicted in the painting, and the way the painting itself interacts with the light around it. You really have to see it in person to understand the work... a photo of it on the internet is nothing.

Reactions: <Gucci>

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
Have boys and keep an Xbox in every room.
You'll have all the turking time in the world. :bode:
Damn....

I have boys, but I'm poor.

There IS a second hade wii in the boy's room... and the ancient wii and my PS2 in the living room.

and goddamn it, now I wanna go fuck off & play vidya....

Reactions: C to the J

YAHU

YAHUUUUUUU
Contributor
Reaction score
Mastery requires more than just focus... it takes experimentation and inspiration. He revisited it multiple times over those many years as he learned new things and thought of new ways to depict the light. It was also painted in many layers which was part of the magic of the painting itself... it has an almost 3 dimensional quality to the light depicted in the painting, and the way the painting itself interacts with the light around it. You really have to see it in person to understand the work... a photo of it on the internet is nothing.

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: $0.55 for 5-6 minute academic survey | PANDA
Requester: Prof. Dan Bartels [AR6MXRKDX6EXF] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☭☭☭☭ 4.18 Communicativity
☭☭☭☭ 4.28 Generosity
☭☭☭☭ 4.86 Fairness
☭☭☭☭ 4.78 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 169
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: We&apos;re currently recruiting participants to complete a 5-6 minute survey
Time: 45 minutes
Hits Available: 33
Reward: $0.55
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 96; Location is US

hyzmarca

Contributor
Reaction score
See that's my point. The queue doesn't guarantee the earnings and that's why it feels kinda shady to me.
The queue keeps things smooth. It means that as soon as you've finished one hit you have another to work on, instead of waiting several minutes for another to drop. This greatly impacts hourly wage, especially when dealing with hits that drop sporadically. Doing one zoltar for 12 cents every five minutes isn't going to make anyone rich.

Reactions: Yatagarasu

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Because I feel that a given piece of work should be finished before starting a new piece of work. Like... let's say I am an artist and I know I can paint 10 pictures in a day. I think it leads to higher quality work to finish the first painting then start on the second instead of accepting all 10 up front and then tracing them all out before going back to fill in the details on the first one.
A professional artist, that isn't homeless or starving, is accepting and working on more than one commissioned project at a time. Virtually every job involves being given more work before you've finished what's immediately in front of you. Turking is no different.

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Seeking workers with children age- 10-20 for short survey (3min) | PANDA
Requester: Jonas Tungodden [A2ZBNTPKQTEILT] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☭☭☭☭☭ 5.00 Communicativity
☭☭☭☭ 4.64 Generosity
☭☭☭☭☭ 5.00 Fairness
☭☭☭☭ 4.92 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 25
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: Beliefs about children&apos;s behavior. If you done a survey on this topic within past few days, please don&apos;t answer.
Time: 60 minutes
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $0.25
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is greater than 500; HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 87

<Gucci>

Francis Manancis ...fuck you...
Threaderator
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I have seen it in person when it was at the Louvre. It was behind so many protective screens that I am not sure I could fully grasp it's beauty.

Reactions: Blue

RaffRiffofTurk

The Lord of Darkness Until 8 AM
Contributor
Reaction score
The queue keeps things smooth. It means that as soon as you've finished one hit you have another to work on, instead of waiting several minutes for another to drop. This greatly impacts hourly wage, especially when dealing with hits that drop sporadically. Doing one zoltar for 12 cents every five minutes isn't going to make anyone rich.
I can understand that but I don't know anyone (unless they are hiding in which case call me!) that has gotten rich off of Mturk or Prolific Academy etc.

A professional artist, that isn't homeless or starving, is accepting and working on more than one commissioned project at a time. Virtually every job involves being given more work before you've finished what's immediately in front of you. Turking is no different.
That has not been my experience. The increases I have seen in my income on Turk have come from quality work (IE High approval rate) and from clearing number based approval hurdles 1000 approved, 2500 approved, etc. I am not equivocating the work I do on surveys with high art but again it has generally speaking been my experience that focus and persistence account for more than lining up multiple jobs.

Tuesday

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Okay, people do what they have to do to get by and I am in no means impuning you for that. I use my Turk money for legitimate bills too most of the time.

See that's my point. The queue doesn't guarantee the earnings and that's why it feels kinda shady to me.
Do you use scripts?

ShanaMarie

Not all who wander are lost.
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: 50¢ for 5-6 Minute Academic Survey | PANDA
Requester: R M [A3G5JQ5KBXW99S] (Contact)
(TO):[Pay: 3.36][Fair: 5.00][Comm: 5.00][Fast: 5.00]
Description:
We are currently recruiting participants to complete an academic research survey.
Time: 45 minutes
Hits Available: 33
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 96, Location is US

Reactions: RaffRiffofTurk
Status
Not open for further replies.