07/31 - Saved By the Bell Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randomacts

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This. Either follow requester instructions or don't do the HITs.
As badly as I want to do that for the V2L hits I won't.... I will just keep begging them to do something about those hits we keep tossing around. =P

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
No what I am saying is that my internal sense of propiety says person 1 takes a HIT, completes that HIT, takes a second HIT. If you have an overlay or script to complete the work faster then you can get the 2nd HIT faster. I do not personally agree with the concept of most people who do not use scripts or have the bells and whistles takes 1 HIT, starts to work on it, and person 2 takes 30 HITs, and then starts to work on the first one. This is an ethics things to me not an implementation thing. No system is perfect, doesn't stop me from Turking.
You and Dave decide to eat cereal for breakfast. You open the box, grab a single piece of cereal and move to the table to eat it. Dave pours a bowl and does the same. You have to repeatedly revisit the box of cereal and then figure out a way to wet your single piece with milk. Dave just eats his damn breakfast. Dave didn't act in any way outside the ethical or functional norm for the activity... you did.

And here's an ethical thought for you... what more right does the person who got there first have to the hit than the second? First come first served is NOT an egalitarian way to ethically spread the work... the only true egalitarian way would be to reserve a single hit for each worker on the platform and not allow any to complete a second before the first wave was completed.

Kessikitty

Issac the Todd
Contributor
Reaction score
Hello I just got home is there something I should be doing or can I sleep the rest of my sunday?

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Because I feel that a given piece of work should be finished before starting a new piece of work. Like... let's say I am an artist and I know I can paint 10 pictures in a day. I think it leads to higher quality work to finish the first painting then start on the second instead of accepting all 10 up front and then tracing them all out before going back to fill in the details on the first one.

In this story I'm accepting 10 orders and starting the first one and Completing them in order though.

Edit. Hopefully it doesn't sound like arguing I'm just not using as many word because I hate typing on my phone

hyzmarca

Contributor
Reaction score
But you don't have to use scripts to grab 25 hits. It just makes it easier. Even newbie mcturklet can grab 25 hits on his first day, first batch .

If he chooses to.
I did 100 hits from one batch on my first day. Jon Breligs.

Reactions: Kessikitty

Kessikitty

Issac the Todd
Contributor
Reaction score
Oh god discourse I'm going to sleep nevermind. have a great sunday everyone I'm not up for ethics

Reactions: EnterNameHere

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
Because I feel that a given piece of work should be finished before starting a new piece of work. Like... let's say I am an artist and I know I can paint 10 pictures in a day. I think it leads to higher quality work to finish the first painting then start on the second instead of accepting all 10 up front and then tracing them all out before going back to fill in the details on the first one.
Leonardo Da Vinci began painting the Mona Lisa in 1503... he didn't finish it until 1519 by most estimates. He painted other things during that time.

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
No what I am saying is that my internal sense of propiety says person 1 takes a HIT, completes that HIT, takes a second HIT. If you have an overlay or script to complete the work faster then you can get the 2nd HIT faster. I do not personally agree with the concept of most people who do not use scripts or have the bells and whistles takes 1 HIT, starts to work on it, and person 2 takes 30 HITs, and then starts to work on the first one. This is an ethics things to me not an implementation thing. No system is perfect, doesn't stop me from Turking.
(I know this is JUST our opinions....but....)
It would be an ethics thing if the system was to not have a queue, or to make it where people could only get one at a time. (Much less limit the queue...)
Breaking said ethics, to ME, would be using scripts to overrun the queue limit, or something along those lines, like making your queue bigger/unfair, etc... :)

Reactions: ShanaMarie

Not A Robot

VERIFIED HUMAN
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: 15-20 minute Research Survey. | PANDA
Requester: Research Survey [A285F2JUK3O61X] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☭☭☭☭☭ 0.00 Communicativity
☭☭☭☭☭ 2.67 Generosity
☭☭☭☭☭ 5.00 Fairness
☭☭☭☭☭ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 3
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: 15-20 minute Research Survey. PLEASE DO NOT RETAKE - YOU CAN ONLY BE PAID FOR YOUR FIRST PARTICIPATION.
Time: 2 hours
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $1.50
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 70; Location is US

RaffRiffofTurk

The Lord of Darkness Until 8 AM
Contributor
Reaction score
You and Dave decide to eat cereal for breakfast. You open the box, grab a single piece of cereal and move to the table to eat it. Dave pours a bowl and does the same. You have to repeatedly revisit the box of cereal and then figure out a way to wet your single piece with milk. Dave just eats his damn breakfast. Dave didn't act in any way outside the ethical or functional norm for the activity... you did.

And here's an ethical thought for you... what more right does the person who got there first have to the hit than the second? First come first served is NOT an egalitarian way to ethically spread the work... the only true egalitarian way would be to reserve a single hit for each worker on the platform and not allow any to complete a second before the first wave was completed.
Why would I take 1 piece of cereal? This is more like me pouring 1 bowl and then Dave pouring himself 25 bowls because his table can physically hold 25 bowls, even if he won't necessarily eat all of them. That's true on being egalitarian, but I was thinking more in terms of free market economy fairness. A faster worker who can do more work deserves to do more work, I am just ambivalent about giving all of those jobs away in an upfront sense.

Also let me be perfectly clear this is entirely a philosophical thing on my part. I'm not angry at or trying to shit on any of you or how you do your work. Just a little esoteric flight of fancy.

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
Why would I take 1 piece of cereal? This is more like me pouring 1 bowl and then Dave pouring himself 25 bowls because his table can physically hold 25 bowls, even if he won't necessarily eat all of them. That's true on being egalitarian, but I was thinking more in terms of free market economy fairness. A faster worker who can do more work deserves to do more work, I am just ambivalent about giving all of those jobs away in an upfront sense.

Also let me be perfectly clear this is entirely a philosophical thing on my part. I'm not angry at or trying to shit on any of you or how you do your work. Just a little esoteric flight of fancy.
A single hit is a single piece of cereal... a queue is a bowl.

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
e
I kinda think so. They cause trouble. One of mine coughed up the grossest hairball on my favorite sneakers yesterday.
Keelie will get in your line of sight, and piss- while maintaining eye contact, if the litter box is not up to her specifications.
That's how I know one of my non/less furry babies didn't do their chore...

Status
Not open for further replies.