08/18 - So As It Is Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
What did they do? Quash the people that actually did the work?

StarfoxJ

Contributor
Reaction score
saturday is invade your privacy day. wanting ssns, selfies,

ecko

Contributor
Reaction score
What did they do? Quash the people that actually did the work?
Apparently they did quality checks and did not like the work a lot of people were submitting. I've done a few hundred since they changed names and did not receive a message and i still have the qual.

Reactions: stuffalleysays

Dragonfly

Reaction score
Let's say a HIT drops at 5:35PM, it appears on HIT Finder, and you simply miss catching it. Let's say that HIT has a 2-hour timer too...

Your odds of catching that same HIT again, via Panda Crazy or Hit Catcher, are much higher at 7:35PM, when the HIT expires from the queues of those who caught it but didn't finish it, than the odds of catching it 1-2 minutes after you miss it on HIT Finder.

The strategy I employ is selectively turning off-and-on about 10-20 Watchers (I use HIT Finder) such that only 1 or 2 are on at a time, but I track the HIT timers and estimate when various HITs I missed are due to expire, then turn on the corresponding Watchers a few minutes before the HITs I missed expire.

Why this works so well? Some people are good at grabbing all of the HITs, and have such a full queue that they simply cannot finish all of them in time. Additionally, there are people who run auto-accepters and they'll catch HITs faster than you, but they're also sometimes AFK and their unattended computers are simply catching HITs that will ultimately expire.
Oh my I have a lot to learn! I know I've seen duration timers before but I see none when I click on details in Panda Crazy. Maybe I need to take a closer look at HIT Finder. Thank you for your help and your time to explain things to me on what works for you.

edited to add: I just found the duration info on HIT Finder thank you :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Michele

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
Apparently they did quality checks and did not like the work a lot of people were submitting. I've done a few hundred since they changed names and did not receive a message and i still have the qual.
Who are they now? My HF is set on a search for them in case the qual were to ever pop again. And you would think people would know the drill.

ecko

Contributor
Reaction score
Who are they now? My HF is set on a search for them in case the qual were to ever pop again. And you would think people would know the drill.
Title: Which Product Type is the most relevant? (v3.1DS) | Accept
Requester: Victoria Reznyk [AHEOQ75N66IRM] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$12.93] [Pay=4.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.58] [Fast=4.00] [Comm=1.73] [Fair=3.11] [Reviews=21] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=9.00] [Pen=0.04 days] [Res=null] [Rec=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.05
Duration: 300
Available: 28
Description: Which Product Type is the most relevant? (v3.1)
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 5000; Categorization Accuracy New GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95

ecko

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think it is people being lazy or anything, they are just very subjective hits. I assume i just got lucky because some of the people who were chastised are good workers who have more experience than me at them.

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Which Product Type is the most relevant? (v3.1DS) | Accept
Requester: Victoria Reznyk [AHEOQ75N66IRM] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$12.93] [Pay=4.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.58] [Fast=4.00] [Comm=1.73] [Fair=3.11] [Reviews=21] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=9.00] [Pen=0.04 days] [Res=null] [Rec=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.05
Duration: 300
Available: 28
Description: Which Product Type is the most relevant? (v3.1)
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 5000; Categorization Accuracy New GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95
You are a doll :)

Reactions: ecko

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think it is people being lazy or anything, they are just very subjective hits. I assume i just got lucky because some of the people who were chastised are good workers who have more experience than me at them.
I hate subjective hits and try to avoid them. It is really hard to do something for a long time that is approved over and over, think that you are doing it correctly and then find out that you were not. I'd rather get a refresher and be kept in the loop.

Reactions: Michele and ecko

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Experiences of Overweight Workers (30 minutes) | Accept
Requester: DePaul Research [A3EE3JDWX75KD] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=6] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 4.00
Duration: 10800
Available: 1
Description: You are asked to participate in a research study about the experiences of overweight workers. This survey will take approximately 30 minutes of your time, and we ask that you complete the survey in a single setting.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

cb456

Let's do some hits!
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
too bad those Amanda's are capped, those were hawt.

Reactions: lolkatB

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Experiences of Overweight Workers (30 minutes) | Accept
Requester: DePaul Research [A3EE3JDWX75KD] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=6] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 4.00
Duration: 10800
Available: 1
Description: You are asked to participate in a research study about the experiences of overweight workers. This survey will take approximately 30 minutes of your time, and we ask that you complete the survey in a single setting.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
I think I'd rather give my social than my weight, just saying....

Reactions: lolkatB

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey, I am so tired of my kids not hearing me because they have their bluetooth ears in. Even my elderly mother, bless her heart, I can't get anyones attention at all. And mom shouts because her earphones are so loud. I thought we might all evolve to sign language as a result of technology. But I wonder if there is anything on the market, or if I could make a family bluetooth system that interupts whatever is playing in their ear to tell them something, or even give an alert that their attention is needed??????/

lolkatB

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey, I am so tired of my kids not hearing me because they have their bluetooth ears in. Even my elderly mother, bless her heart, I can't get anyones attention at all. And mom shouts because her earphones are so loud. I thought we might all evolve to sign language as a result of technology. But I wonder if there is anything on the market, or if I could make a family bluetooth system that interupts whatever is playing in their ear to tell them something, or even give an alert that their attention is needed??????/
Baseball bat? (ducks n runs...)

ecko

Contributor
Reaction score
airsoft gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.