08/20 - Artificial Intelligence Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie

Reaction score
WOW, those new Nvidia graphics cards....I'll be able to afford one in about 4 years, LOL!
roommate and i just moved to Cedar Park (about 20 minutes north of downtown Austin) and we're just down the road from an nVidia office.

Reactions: Devil_Dawg

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Auto accepting hits based on TO ratings? What could possibly go wring?
heh

I told everyone I was gettting a job nearby (Walmart or whatever) :o I won't abandon the forum, just not gonna rely on turking. Plus i Hate paying taxes at the end of the year. I'm not a very responsible person

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
If it was going to be a problem it would have been one years ago. Been aware of various ones for a long time.
Now of course Amazon could just say fuck it and nuke everyone using one at any time.

A much bigger worry for us is Wired Magazine and their sensationalizing Russian survey bots.
I read the article on Saturday and it pissed me off on so many levels. Amazon could have leashed that dog in years ago but it seems like they are content to sit back and watch Mturk implode on itself to save them the hassle of shutting it down in the end. They won't defend us.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
heh

I told everyone I was gettting a job nearby (Walmart or whatever) :eek: I won't abandon the forum, just not gonna rely on turking. Plus i Hate paying taxes at the end of the year. I'm not a very responsible person
oh yeah I knew you were looking, I thought you meant you were already leaving and I had missed the announcement

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Fixed my catcher speed and immediately cought ~$5 worth of hits after over an hour of nada. Yay for learning! Learning and growing and so so much coffee.

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score
WOW, those new Nvidia graphics cards....I'll be able to afford one in about 4 years, LOL!
yep, cryptocurrency fucked us over. once the video card makers figured out we would pay that much for a video card it was over. the prices will drop somewhat but that ship has sailed.

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
PE: Mturk: 8.56
Prolific: 12.18

This is the 3rd time in the past week that I am probably going to end up making more on Prolific. The tide is turning, folks.

Reactions: Sondi and cb456

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
oh yeah I knew you were looking, I thought you meant you were already leaving and I had missed the announcement
OH, no. Not quite yet. Just counting my eggs before they hatch and relying on things I don't have yet :p

Last edited:

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
When things like MTS are publicly available, I don't see how people actually believe that scripts like the TH one didn't already exist privately.
I've suspected it forever. But it gives me flashbacks to all the times in the past that some kinda thing requesters view as "gaming the system" became public somehow and then poof - there goes that requester who gave us big ass batches and good work :shrug: video7789 is a perfect example of that (and I am still salty about that lol)

Last edited:
Reactions: themildone

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
can someone explain what "auto accepting" they mean with this script? Is it like when I put a batch link into PC, it auto accepts all of them into my queue until its full

or is it putting certain peramiters for a hit "price" "to/tv" and it automatically accepts everything that comes up in the search results.

(if its the last one, I imagine you'd spend most of your time returning a lot of shit, which just makes mturk more work than it should be)

or is it something else?

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
can someone explain what "auto accepting" they mean with this script? Is it like when I put a batch link into PC, it auto accepts all of them into my queue until its full

or is it putting certain peramiters for a hit "price" "to/tv" and it automatically accepts everything that comes up in the search results.

(if its the last one, I imagine you'd spend most of your time returning a lot of shit, which just makes mturk more work than it should be)

or is it something else?
the second

Reactions: thedorchannel

ecko

Contributor
Reaction score

or is it something else?
It will accept any hit that has a certain hourly pay rate rating on TV. So if you set it to $12 anything that pays 12 or more an hour will be auto accepted.

Reactions: thedorchannel

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I thought I heard last week the company is in serious trouble because of the lack now of bitcoin mining.
If they cranked up production of cards to meet demand for bitcoin farms and then that tanked I can see there being a big surplus. Bitcoin price is still pretty high though so I dunno

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
GoldenTemple @GoldenTemple is the time 6pm eastern? or 6pm pst? on Yahoo i think it says pst, which is 9pm my time (easier for me actually lol) on your forum post it says 6pm est (3pm pst)

Status
Not open for further replies.