08/20 - Artificial Intelligence Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Ehh.....true, but this is just a way to rationalize breaking the terms everyone signed up for when they got an Mturk account. And if amazon does take notice thanks to the massive reddit thread and decide to do something about it, it could have ripple effects into the entire community. Which makes me worry personally because some people use this platform to pay their bills and I am tired of losing work because people game the system. (Sorry, not trying to vent at you but it's happened to me a lot as a byproduct of people breaking rules + getting caught so you can't really blame me for being bothered by this shit.)

And just pointing out, I don't have an account over there and have no intention of it. I also have no interest in using a script that games the system. It's no wonder requesters are making their own platforms and putting their work elsewhere, though :shoot:

(I'm figuring by this point a mod is prob gonna shut down the discussion so this is all I will say in regard to it.)
I mean, it doesn't do the work for you, right? It just accepts a HIT, just like HC or PC. :shrug: I'm not really sure it deserves all of the rabble rabble it's getting. :bolt:

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score

holy shit is that the rare distraction bird?! I hardly ever see these in real life.
This post is off topic. talking about the script will bring in more members like it did for TH. Its whats sexy right now J-Dogg. lets not fight it

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
No worries lol. I was not suspecting anyone in particular or anything. I just went on Reddit and saw that in the mturk sub and was like :eek:

No one is fighting, I'm sorry :oops:
oh lol no I didn't actually mean fight...I was just trying to say I wasn't picking sides

Reactions: sinon and savvy

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score
What Worker scripts and automation tools are permitted?

We are generally OK with you using scripts and automation tools to help you search and preview Human Intelligence Tasks ("HITs") more efficiently on the MTurk website, as long as those scripts and automation tools (1) do not serve as a substitute for your human judgment to complete work, (2) do not extract and store data from the MTurk website, and (3) do not disrupt or impair the operation of the website or the integrity of the marketplace (e.g., scripts and automation tools that call MTurk continuously and at high frequency aren’t OK). As a result, we’ll have to make tough calls from time to time when we notice unusual account activity resulting from a particular script or automation tool. Please remember that you are responsible for any script or automation tool that you use with MTurk, and your use of a script or automation tool is at your own risk.

Why are bots, scripts, or other automated HIT-answering tools a problem?

MTurk is a marketplace for completing tasks by exercising human judgment. If the HIT is completed by a bot, script, or other automated method, then it’s not human intelligence. We take this seriously, so if we determine that you are using bots, scripts, or other automated methods to complete HITs, we may suspend or terminate your account, and your rewards balance may be forfeited.

Amazon seems most worried about people pinging them really fast or using bots to complete HITs. I don't see anything about auto-accepting HITs (which is good because otherwise pandas would be a :ave:)

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
How about we just have everyone use this script.

Then Mturk can be just like playing the lottery to see who wins each hit.
Anyone with slower internet is gonna be so fucked when scripts like these become widely available.

I know they've been available in some form or another for a while, usually between friends or little groups, but that's not gonna last long anymore I don't think.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
How about we just have everyone use this script.

Then Mturk can be just like playing the lottery to see who wins each hit.
This was always the fear I had even years ago.
And honestly I feel like we're more than halfway there already.

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
I mean, it doesn't do the work for you, right? It just accepts a HIT, just like HC or PC. :shrug: I'm not really sure it deserves all of the rabble rabble it's getting. :bolt:
From my understanding, the script can be set up to grab ALL HITs that full under certain criteria which is very different than one Panda grabbing one job.

Anyway I feel like I derailed the thread so I'ma go back to work now.

Reactions: themildone

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
Amazon seems most worried about people pinging them really fast or using bots to complete HITs. I don't see anything about auto-accepting HITs (which is good because otherwise pandas would be a :ave:)
If that's true, I posted that thing for nothing and apologize. But I could have sworn I saw many times that having a script that automatically grabs any and all HITs under certain criteria (italicizing because that is my core concern, NOT pandas) isn't allowed :shrug: Unless it's been a conspiracy this whole time with people who have auto-grab scripts just not wanting others to know they're allowed and telling people misleading information? IDK, but wouldn't surprise me.

Reactions: savvy and MarkC

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
isn't it already like that though?
Once you click on a hit ,yes.

But if S @steve is grabbing $10/10 min surveys while taking a shit then it's full on lottery.
Sit back until things happen.
Hard work won't get you ahead in this scenario.....at least when it comes to catching good stuff.

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
Once you click on a hit ,yes.

But if S @steve is grabbing $10/10 min surveys while taking a shit then it's full on lottery.
Sit back until things happen.
Hard work won't get you ahead in this scenario.....at least when it comes to catching good stuff.
this is why I only half try

cb456

Let's do some hits!
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
I agree. I don't see how PC or HC aren't considered auto-accepting. they may not be as efficient, but its close to the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.