08/23 - Little Dark Age Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

baconfly

Reaction score
Title: Answer questions about other people's behaviors(~ 15 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Martha Berg [A2JXKGXAK3G1AH] (Contact)
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay: 3.00] [Fast: 0.00] [Comm: 1.00] [Fair: 1.00] [Reviews: 2] [ToS: 0]
TO2:
No Reviews
Reward: 1.50
Duration: 45 days
Available: 33
Description: Read about people's behaviors and answer brief questions
Qualifications: Exc: [1506734633-166536] DoesNotExist; 2f0f71e6 DoesNotExist; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location In US

Reactions: aveline

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Is there a rule of thumb on when it becomes "safe" to delete survey pandas because if you've missed them, they're likely not coming back?
I am not aware of a rule of thumb but what do I know when I'm only a turk infant at 7 months. :wink:

I put the task ID's away in a text file but I've never revisited the file so maybe I'm wasting my time there saving them but not trying them again.

I suppose you can try catching them for 2 days because I can recall a few posts about surveys that have posted for one day, the survey supply might have run out or noone reported a new catch, and someone else caught it the following day.

Kristina M Greer

Reaction score
~ Update.. My moms leg isn't broken but its severely bruised inside with a huge lump. And she is in a lot of pain... So apparently they chose to send her to the ER in an ambulance. So she had to pay $75 co-pay at the ER and will now have an ambulance bill on top of it. So How do I re-coop the $75 and make sure they pay the ambulance bill. They should be insured for things like this.
----------------------------

Pressure9pa

Reaction score
~ Update.. My moms leg isn't broken but its severely bruised inside with a huge lump. And she is in a lot of pain... So apparently they chose to send her to the ER in an ambulance. So she had to pay $75 co-pay at the ER and will now have an ambulance bill on top of it. So How do I re-coop the $75 and make sure they pay the ambulance bill. They should be insured for things like this.
Take lots of pictures, and have an attorney send a demand letter. No need to sue at this point, but the lawyer letter usually incentivices the insurance company. ***

***Nothing I ever say should be taken as professional legal or financial advise. Take it for what it is, the ramblings of an anonymous internet stranger.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kristina M Greer

Kristina M Greer

Reaction score
Take lots of pictures, and have an attorney send a demand letter. No need to sue at this point, but the lawyer letter usually incentivices the insurance company. ***

***Nothing I ever say should be taken as professional legal or financial advise. Take it for what it is, the ramblings of an anonymous internet stranger.
I take anything on here as advice not Word. But Im sure some people have dealt with crap like this and can offer suggestions.

Pressure9pa

Reaction score
I take anything on here as advice not Word. But Im sure some people have dealt with crap like this and can offer suggestions.
I've never dealt with an injury situation, but I know when dealing with small businesses or individuals in disputes, the demand letter goes a long way. It shows that you're serious, and that your willing to contest. The other side becomes more willing to settle because they are caught flat footed. I also find it's best to present information to an attourney in a very orgnized fashion iwith dates/times and picutres already laid out. They rack up a lot of hours "researching" what you already could provide them. Some pictures, a timeline, and a couple of paragraphs should get you out of a lawyer's office for a few hundred dollars, which will be added to the demand letter.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
I think the best thing to do is call the company involved and make sure they have documented the incident. Surely they have insurance, and can make a claim on it so you don't have to pay more money to chase reimbursement.
Also, don't accept any settlement until she is completely healed. She might need more treatment, physical therapy, etc.

Last edited:

HelloHello

Reaction score
Anybody having a problem after doing a User Testing Study with the recorder interfering with other sites?

Reactions: cb456

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Only my thoughts here - I'm not a lawyer..

If this were me, I would definitely contact the company first and maybe they'll file the claim with their insurer and get you reimbursed on their own instead of having to force the issue.

Second step might be consider a small claims lawsuit as it likely covers personal injury for not a large court filing fee, is cheaper than consulting a lawyer and generating a demand letter and you might also stay under the small claims maximum dollar amount threshold unless there are unforeseen things like tons of doctor followups, procedures that need to be done that are not known about now and any physical therapy.

Reactions: Blakkat

cb456

Let's do some hits!
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
Anybody having a problem after doing a User Testing Study with the recorder interfering with other sites?
just refresh the site, the recorder should go away if the test is already completed

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Title: Research Survey - Activities (appx. 3 min) | Accept
Requester: PsychSurveys [A35FUUTG83EZ3Z] Contact
TV: Hrly=$13.75 | Pay=Generous | Approval=~24 hrs | Comm=Excellent | Rej=0 | Blk=0
TO: Pay=3.76 | Fast=4.67 | Comm=3.00 | Fair=4.46 | Reviews=54 | ToS=2
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 20:00
Available: 67
Description: If eligible to participate, you will be asked a few questions about your attitudes toward blood donation.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location In US

HIT Time: About a minute

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Study on Amazon Purchases! (~ 10 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Lead Lab at Leeds [AF4GJPMV4V5N2] [TurkerView]
Description: Answer several questions about online shopping.
Duration: ~30min
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications:
  • Exc: [607000847-166861] DoesNotExist
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50,
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90,
  • Location In US,
HIT Time: 2 min, 38 sec
Catchability: Great
Pros: potential bonus valued at $100 (1/100 chance)

femmebritt

Reaction score
No.... I've backed off using UT... Have used for YEARS, 5 star ratings on all tests... Then got some "secret" rating that took me down to a 4.5 (although they publicly gave me a 5 star).... I will NOT have my name shamed lol.

Reactions: HelloHello

femmebritt

Reaction score
Qualifications:
  • Location In US,
Just completed this (finger crossed)

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Qualifications:
  • Location In US,
HIT Time: About 8 min while eating. Might have got a little too distracted with the task.

Reactions: coffeeowl

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Title: Demographics survey | Accept
Requester: Panos Ipeirotis [A3DL93QTPE513P] Contact
TV: Hrly=$22.38 | Pay=Generous | Approval=~24 hrs | Comm=Unrated | Rej=0 | Blk=0
TO: Pay=4.42 | Fast=4.68 | Comm=5.00 | Fair=4.92 | Reviews=64 | ToS=1
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.10
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Demographics survey
Qualifications: None
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.11

• Love

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: short survey(~ 10 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Stanford GSB Behavioral Lab [A3OSXTUM1QEXNY] [TurkerView]
Description: Earn 1.20 for a 10 minute survey
Duration: ~60min
Reward: $1.20
Qualifications:
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100,
  • Exc: [846592474-166866] DoesNotExist
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95,
  • Location In US,
HIT Time: 4 min, 35 sec
Catchability: Okay

Srndpty

Contributor
Reaction score
Good Evening Everyone,

Is there a rule of thumb on when it becomes "safe" to delete survey pandas because if you've missed them, they're likely not coming back? I just started running scripts last week, and the screen is getting a bit cluttered. I've deleted the ones that are under $1 and over 4 days, but I was hoping someone had a more exact estimate.
Surveys: I delete daily unless it is something that has a duration that falls into the next day or so. You shouldn't have more than 4 running at any given time if you hope to catch anything.

Other HITS: I have a separate tab that I keep other HITs that drop daily, weekly or regularly.

It's really what works for you as to how you organize. I can't stand the clutter (my secondary tab is arranged alphabetically) and keep it clean. Others hardly ever delete, but they definitely don't keep them all running.

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.