08/23 - Python Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
anyone want to report back with a time on the Eva Gilboa-Schechtman $2 survey?

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
There's a bunch of those soundingbox hits up, but I've yet to qualify for one.

I might have noped out of one. I can't remember.

More coffee.
once I did one I couldn't do a bunch of the others. Then I tried to do one yesterday and it froze, and locked me out

Reactions: mboone73

lolkatB

Contributor
Reaction score
ooh where did you move from? I didn't realize you weren't from the US.
and I could, but they don't take my insurance so I'd have to pay a minimum of $75 out of pocket AND have to wait for several hours, most likely.
The UK, just over 2 years ago.
Ouch, that's a lot. I'd book him at the pediatricians you don't like and tell the practice he makes you uncomfortable, and ask them for someone with you. Or have a friend with you to go in with.

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
But do you plan on gaining 10lbs on this cruise? I always plan for at LEAST 10lbs.
I took my first cruise this year to Cuba, ate like a hog, and lost weight. But then again I'm currently seeing a doctor for why I'm losing weight and no change in diet/exercise.

Reactions: Despairagus and jan

jan

Reaction score
it's a town of about 11k, there's only 1 other pediatrician and they don't take my insurance. I've talked to a lot of people about this doctor in particular and almost every one of them refuses to take their daughters to see him. There are other doctors at this office thankfully, but you can only pick who you want to see if it isn't busy.
is he just old and stupid (and out of touch)
or old and really creepy?

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I took my first cruise this year to Cuba, ate like a hog, and lost weight. But then again I'm currently seeing a doctor for why I'm losing weight and no change in diet/exercise.
CUBA! I am so jealous. I want to go to Cuba very badly. Some day!

Losing weight without trying is scary. Hope you figure it out!

jan

Reaction score
I definitely think the latter...I mean, who tells a 16 year old that she's probably
My friend had an MD like that years ago. I'm afraid in the not too distant past - MD's DID say that quite a bit.
But not today (and they shouldn't have back then, either). IDK, you need to assess whether or not he's a danger, I'd think.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
My friend had an MD like that years ago. I'm afraid in the not too distant past - MD's DID say that quite a bit.
But not today (and they shouldn't have back then, either). IDK, you need to assess whether or not he's a danger, I'd think.
That particualar comment was in 2010-ish. I don't think he's a danger, necessarily...he never actually did anything inappropriate (touching or anything). I just don't like him. I'd probably also feel stronger about it if kiddo was a girl, though.

Reactions: jan

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Have you been working on them for at least 5 hours? Just trying to get something straight cuz he told me in email that the maximum time for working on these are 5 hours and then the soft block happens.
I was up bright and early yesterday when Sondi @Sondi first posted about them at 3:00AMish in my time zone, and I finished the last one I was able to catch around 11AM or. So I was 100% definitely working on them for longer than 5 hours.

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
CUBA! I am so jealous. I want to go to Cuba very badly. Some day!

Losing weight without trying is scary. Hope you figure it out!
Thanks! I was pleased at first, but now I'm like hmmmm.....this isn't right. So far, haven't found the answer. Good news is blood pressure and cholesterol went down with it, so there is that.
And if you go to Cuba I highly recommend one of the food walking tours. Of course, I like food. By your posts, I think you might, too :D

NemoRolls

Reaction score
I was up bright and early yesterday when Sondi @Sondi first posted about them at 3:00AMish in my time zone, and I finished the last one I was able to catch around 11AM or. So I was 100% definitely working on them for longer than 5 hours.
That man needs to get his facts straight. @Noah

Last edited:

logan635

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Welcome to today's MTurk Crowd work thread!

Please check out the forum guidelines.

Maybe you need some help getting started?

Want more info about how the forum works?

Would you like to contribute an idea about the future of the forum? Feel free to share your thoughts here.

If you are interested in creating a daily thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you would like to claim the next day. It is first come, first serve and thread must be created and posted by 3a EST/12a PST.

Please let a mod know if you have any questions, and have a great turking day! - MTC staff

Codeacademy's free Python starter course

Free version of UMich Coursera prof's Python 3 course

IIRC, an ever-increasing chunk of Harvard's CS50 course (free on EdX) is in Python.

Packt's free learning today is on Python as well:

https://www.packtpub.com/packt/offers/free-learning

I swear you're picking these thread titles based on Packt. Lmao.

lolkatB

Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks! I was pleased at first, but now I'm like hmmmm.....this isn't right. So far, haven't found the answer. Good news is blood pressure and cholesterol went down with it, so there is that.
And if you go to Cuba I highly recommend one of the food walking tours. Of course, I like food. By your posts, I think you might, too :D
My mom had an overactive thyroid at one point. All her life she'd had borderline underactive and the docs never treated her with the weight struggles that go along with that. She refused point blank to go and see the doc when she started losing weight without even trying. I lived a few hundred miles away, so while I recognized her symptoms and knew what was happening, I couldn't make her go and she was determined to enjoy eating all sorts of 'bad' food and still lose weight. I think when she did go to the doc she weighed 88lb, which was a bit of a difference to her normal 140.

Reactions: Kennedy
Status
Not open for further replies.