08/24 - Sweet Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maria Tortilla

Dave Grohl is my spirit animal
Contributor
Reaction score
So I take it we all have to pay back our negative balances, either that or never do mturk again? This week has been terrible. Had an issue with an ATM and I had to go to the bank to dispute the charge (still haven't gotten that money back yet), my and my husband's anniversary was ruined because his dad got in a car accident (he's fine, he's just a terrible driver and the car was totaled), all this crap with amazon payments and the cherry on the top, I get a horrible stomach virus last night and now I'm laying in bed feeling like I drank a gallon of wine last night. Hopefully next week will be better!

HelloHello

Reaction score
So I take it we all have to pay back our negative balances, either that or never do mturk again? This week has been terrible. Had an issue with an ATM and I had to go to the bank to dispute the charge (still haven't gotten that money back yet), my and my husband's anniversary was ruined because his dad got in a car accident (he's fine, he's just a terrible driver and the car was totaled), all this crap with amazon payments and the cherry on the top, I get a horrible stomach virus last night and now I'm laying in bed feeling like I drank a gallon of wine last night. Hopefully next week will be better!
There's a Reddit Thread that somebody posted a link to earlier today that quotes an Amazon Rep saying the overages are going to be redacted from our bank accounts. Personally, if it were up to me I'd prefer to simply work it off as opposed to having them monkeying with my bank account.

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
:hug:

Reactions: Despairagus

Pugmom

Reaction score
I wish we knew if we could just simply pay it back. I have almost enough in turk right now to cover it. I'm unwilling to do that tho if they plan to yank it back from our bank accounts. Just wish they'd tell us what the plan is so we can move forward!

Maria Tortilla

Contributor
Reaction score
There's a Reddit Thread that somebody posted a link to earlier today that quotes an Amazon Rep saying the overages are going to be redacted from our bank accounts. Personally, if it were up to me I'd prefer to simply work it off as opposed to having them monkeying with my bank account.
I don't know how they're going to do that? The money was pending in my account yesterday but they aren't anymore. Plus on Thursday I cashed out $25 and that was deducted from my negative balance, it never made it to my bank account.

HelloHello

Reaction score
I wish we knew if we could just simply pay it back. I have almost enough in turk right now to cover it. I'm unwilling to do that tho if they plan to yank it back from our bank accounts. Just wish they'd tell us what the plan is so we can move forward!
Yes, it does seem like it would be simpler to just return it to them but I don't know how we'd do that. If they're going to take money out of my bank account/redact I'd like to be notified prior to and know what amount they're proposing to redact. You can just imagine how devastating and difficult to correct an error could be.

Reactions: LucyO and Pugmom

Maria Tortilla

Contributor
Reaction score
I think they are probably worried that people who had the big negative balances will just take the money and run. I still don't want them messing around with my bank account though!

HelloHello

Reaction score
I don't know how they're going to do that? The money was pending in my account yesterday but they aren't anymore. Plus on Thursday I cashed out $25 and that was deducted from my negative balance, it never made it to my bank account.
Yep, me too and there's no record anywhere of that application to the negative balance except that it decreased by the transferred amount and I only know that cause I kept tract.

Reactions: LucyO

Pugmom

Reaction score
Yeah because I had 5 transfers. 4x were for 44 something. So I'm negative 189 in Amazon payments. The last transfer went through and said completed immediately (It was for 70ish because more money had been added since I orig tried to transfer). So are they just gonna yank the 44x4? That would be fine. But what if they yank the 70ish too that went through just fine and isn't part of the negative balance? Such a cluster! I haven't touched the 189 overage, but I did touch the 70 because of bills.

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Can someone fill me in on the money issue thing?
The amazon payment system went wonky on Thursday and it seems like the someone turned off the ability to send money to bank accounts, then when they turned it back on all of the transactions that it had been denying (and sending you an email to try later), went through, even if your account didn't have the sufficient money. So now some of our accounts with amazon are in the negative. It is an unholy mess.

HelloHello

Reaction score
I think they are probably worried that people who had the big negative balances will just take the money and run. I still don't want them messing around with my bank account though!
I bet they are, but if people had a really big negative balance they are probably good solid workers and won't give up the opportunity for future work on mTurk.

Maria Tortilla

Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, me too and there's no record anywhere of that application to the negative balance except that it decreased by the transferred amount and I only know that cause I kept tract.
Right, it doesn't say anything that I cashed out $25 on Thursday. I better not get hosed out of that money. I need every dang penny right now and I don't want to even spend any money out of that account until we know what the heck is going on.

dreamonjaded1

Reaction score
The amazon payment system went wonky on Thursday and it seems like the someone turned off the ability to send money to bank accounts, then when they turned it back on all of the transactions that it had been denying (and sending you an email to try later), went through, even if your account didn't have the sufficient money. So now some of our accounts with amazon are in the negative. It is an unholy mess.
Thanks for the info. I'm sorry to hear that some people are having to deal with that.

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
They might be able to reverse the extra payments, but they can't just take money out of the account, they can only reverse the wrongful payments that they have made.

jan

Reaction score
Title: ***Survey (~25 min) about employment | Accept
Requester: Mturk Admin [A3OHKFW1QIV8AP] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$17.03] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.62] [Fast=4.00] [Comm=1.80] [Fair=3.40] [Reviews=21] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 2.00
Duration: 45:00
Available: 1
Description: Take a survey to help us learn about employment
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US

Reactions: LucyO

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Hmmm. Noticed again how suddenly not-arcane the Jon Moxley reference in my profile is.

I may need to change it at some point. Joey Janela? Jacob Fatu? Hmm.
P.N. News

Reactions: SalvadorZombie
Status
Not open for further replies.