08/24 - Sweet Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillowWolf

Mischief Managed
Contributor
Reaction score
I did transfer money yesterday morning....enough to cover my negative balance, plus a little extra to see what would happen. They took the negative amount I owed them and left the rest, so my Amazon Payments account is positive now. Not sure if this will help anyone, but if you do have enough to transfer, they'll just take that money instead of messing with your bank account later to get it back.

HelloHello

Reaction score
I did transfer money yesterday morning....enough to cover my negative balance, plus a little extra to see what would happen. They took the negative amount I owed them and left the rest, so my Amazon Payments account is positive now. Not sure if this will help anyone, but if you do have enough to transfer, they'll just take that money instead of messing with your bank account later to get it back.
Unfortunately, that's not an option for me. I did like 12 attempted transfers!

Dill

Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from CRISIS Lab for work related to 3YLPJ8OXXAS50YR7TPK6YZOV9QE4XH.
The value of your bonus is: $5.50 USD

The Requester included this note:
Thank you for your participation in our study this far! As we are designing our studies, we try our best to correctly estimate the amount of time that participants will need to complete our study such that we can compensate participants accordingly. Unfortunately, we underestimated the time needed to complete the first part of this study by 30 minutes! As such, we are sending you a bonus of $4.00 to compensate you for the additional time you spent on our survey.

- CRISIS Lab

Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Mattie Toma for work related to 3HXK2V1N4JEPPJQ374KU8IQL3SV2GG.
The value of your bonus is: $2.10 USD

The Requester included this note:
Thank you for your careful work on our HIT.

Like waking up to these.

HelloHello

Reaction score
Unfortunately, that's not an option for me. I did like 12 attempted transfers!
I can tell you that my gift card balance was not affected by the issue (It crossed my mind that they might freeze that or take it and apply it to the negative balance) because I made an order last evening.

cassius

Reaction score
Am going out on a limb here as I know nothing about coding, but we might want to change our Amazon passwords and bank passwords. This just seems far fetched to me to be just an Amazon problem. Always before they've fixed these problems in a matter 24 to 48 hours it seems. This has been ongoing in different areas for about a month now. Like a rolling blackout. Could be Amazon was hacked. I'm surprise the problem isn't appearing somewhere in the news because it's affecting banks now and how they do business when the talk centers around withdrawals, paybacks and whatever. Just seems it's a bigger problem than just Amazon.

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Answer an academic survey (1 hour) | PANDA
Requester: Jihae Shin [A21OMHSDDQFTA1]
TurkerView: [ $26.58 / hour ]
Description: Participate in a research study. (1 hour)
Duration: 120 Min
Available: 1
Reward: $7.00
Qualifications:
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100
  • Masters Exists
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99
  • Location EqualTo US
[3IOQH27Z1DJTGYJBYB70TT509FT1IY]
One of these coming back. I did it yesterday (no repeats.)

Maria Tortilla

Dave Grohl is my spirit animal
Contributor
Reaction score
Am going out on a limb here as I know nothing about coding, but we might want to change our Amazon passwords and bank passwords. This just seems far fetched to me to be just an Amazon problem. Always before they've fixed these problems in a matter 24 to 48 hours it seems. This has been ongoing in different areas for about a month now. Like a rolling blackout. Could be Amazon was hacked. I'm surprise the problem isn't appearing somewhere in the news because it's affecting banks now and how they do business when the talk centers around withdrawals, paybacks and whatever. Just seems it's a bigger problem than just Amazon.
I mentioned that to my husband and he threw a hissy fit. He's had the same password on his bank account for almost 11 years. "I'm never going to remember a new password!" Wow.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Morning, everyone. I'm going to be working on some stuff on the server over the next couple days. There shouldn't be any downtime or anything, but maybe some restarts here and there. Also, I'm going to be messing with stuff that may or may not cause some temporary connectivity issues, so if you run into any problems where you're getting connection errors or can't access the site for short periods, please let me know.

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Vote for a description of a drawing based on an idea | PANDA
Requester: Joy O Kim [A2A7TJ0S6H1PKK] [TurkerView]
Description: Vote for a description of a drawing based on an idea
Duration: ~60min
Reward: $0.40
Qualifications:
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100,
  • crowddraw_control DoesNotExist
  • Location In CA, US,
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90,
HIT Time: 0 min, 18 sec
Catchability: Okay
Cons: 1-2 sentences writing

cyberwasp

Pikachu is my spirit animal
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Charity Ads part 2: Dr. Basil's Study 4 part 2 using device assigned in part 1 | PANDA
Requester: Debra Z. Basil [A303CBLKB7HBZO] (Req TV): $20.53/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
Part 2 of study 4. Answer questions about charity advertisements. Takes about 10 minutes. Must have completed part 1 and use device assigned in part 1. Native English speaker, 18+, in USA.
Time: 30 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.50
Qualifications: completed part 1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1;

HIT Time: 5:00

Reactions: aveline

HelloHello

Reaction score
I mentioned that to my husband and he threw a hissy fit. He's had the same password on his bank account for almost 11 years. "I'm never going to remember a new password!" Wow.
Gotta tell you that I LOVE my new iPad with the fingerprint recognition so I don't have to remember or enter a password.

Reactions: Maria Tortilla

ducky

good brain, good life
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
so is it safe to transfer money now or

i was gone when all the stuff happened so i wasn't affected afaik

Reactions: HelloHello
Status
Not open for further replies.