08/24 - Sweet Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TissueHime

Thread Maker Extraordinaire
Threaderator
Reaction score
Welcome to today's MTurk Crowd work thread!

Please check out the forum guidelines.

Maybe you need some help getting started?

Want more info about how the forum works?

NEW! Would you like to contribute an idea about the future of the forum? Feel free to share your thoughts here.

Please let a mod know if you have any questions, and have a great turking day! - MTC staff

Reactions: jklmnop

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: 5-day ($4) survey about work-home and mood | PANDA
Requester: King [A1JYMVIF90UTS9]
TurkerView: [ $7.94 / hour ]
Description: For this study, you will be asked to complete an initial survey now, and then four (4) brief surveys per day over the course of five (5) workdays. You will be compensated 50 cents each day, including today, plus a completion bonus, for a total of $4.
Duration: 60 Min
Available: 1
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications:
  • Masters Exists
  • Location EqualTo US
[3LV0310AAZ05WJQFX7NEV3MAGM5DKQ]
Requires downloading an app to do the daily surveys.

SalvadorZombie

The Jon Moxley of Mturk
Reaction score
EDIT: My previous rant may have been unfounded, as it seems to be a sitewide issue with OneSpace's website.

Carry on. GOOD LOOKIN' SATURDAY, EVERYBODY.

Last edited:
Reactions: cb456 and jan

alk69

Reaction score
This woke me up and I quite enjoyed it. 6 hour timer, so may or may not post again. I tagged them all, 'cause I liked it. How many you do determines speed. Actually too much for pay, but...
Title: Research study: Crowdsourced image classification | PANDA
Requester: Gustavo Fortes Tondello [AC7KCB4WXMLHQ] (Req TV): $26.54/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
You will be asked to fill out a 5-minute demographic questionnaire, then you will be allowed to write tags for as many images as you want. Finally, you will complete a 15-minute questionnaire about your experience with the image classification tasks.
Time: 6 hour(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $4.00
Qualifications: Location In CAGBUS; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 97; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 5000;
HIT Time: 1 hour, roughly. I was in no hurry and I type slowly these days.

Reactions: HelloHello and jan

alk69

Reaction score
And here I am again. Awake and it's still the dark of night out there. Ugg. What to do? Don't insult me by pointing out working.....Read, drink coffee, go back to bed. I won't sleep now. Too early. Too late. I need donuts. With chocolate frosting...And a vat of coffee. Hey mocha! That's the cure.

SalvadorZombie

The Jon Moxley of Mturk
Reaction score
And here I am again. Awake and it's still the dark of night out there. Ugg. What to do? Don't insult me by pointing out working.....Read, drink coffee, go back to bed. I won't sleep now. Too early. Too late. I need donuts. With chocolate frosting...And a vat of coffee. Hey mocha! That's the cure.
I'm usually awake at night or I wake up in the middle of the night (I may in fact not have a circadian rhythm) these last few years, and it always feels really, really weird. It's great when there's something going on in Japan that I love (like wrestling or sumo), but otherwise it's very odd.

Coffee and little chocolate donuts sounds amazing, but the store doesn't openfor a half-hour, and it'll be light by then (and as a result, the mood ruined).

Reactions: alk69

SalvadorZombie

The Jon Moxley of Mturk
Reaction score
Hmmm. Noticed again how suddenly not-arcane the Jon Moxley reference in my profile is.

I may need to change it at some point. Joey Janela? Jacob Fatu? Hmm.

Reactions: C to the J

alk69

Reaction score
Should I change my avatar? I could become a big K.
Humm....no, I think not. A is solid stable and not likely to fall on it's face soon. Where as, K is all pointy, like it's gonna kick some one.....and then again....

Last edited:
Reactions: Srndpty and Blakkat

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Hmmm. Noticed again how suddenly not-arcane the Jon Moxley reference in my profile is.

I may need to change it at some point. Joey Janela? Jacob Fatu? Hmm.
Janela is just barely more arcane than Moxley at this point, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: SalvadorZombie

jan

Reaction score
Title: Study about Twitter use(~ 4 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Stanford GSB Behavioral Lab [A3OSXTUM1QEXNY] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$14.07] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Poor] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.23] [Fast=4.12] [Comm=3.42] [Fair=4.35] [Reviews=642] [ToS=8]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.48
Duration: 20:00
Available: 40
Description: Earn $0.48 in 4 minutes!
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [5351606-166856] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US

jan

Reaction score
survey qual
Title: Demographic Survey on Religious Affiliation < 1 minute | Accept
Requester: Taylor [A2G2ASJDSPWOCZ] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$null] [Pay=Unrated] [Approval=Unrated] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.01
Duration: 5:00
Description: Answer survey question on religious affiliation for larger study
Qualifications: Completed previously DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90

Reactions: Gator and cassius

SalvadorZombie

The Jon Moxley of Mturk
Reaction score
Janela is just barely arcane than Moxley at this point, lol.
Yeah...it's harder to find more and more obscure wrestlers at this point simply because of the rise in indy wrestling and the availability of it all. MLW's shows are all on Youtube, FFS. I would have used Orange Cassidy until about a week ago, when AEW literally just signed him! ?

• Haha
Reactions: DareAngel3

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Good Morning! My bank has charged me return item fees for the whole Amazon issue! I tried to get back on the payments site and Amazon has disabled the ability for them to call you back. Also, when I called back the number that they had called me from the other day, it said that number had been disconnected.

Edit: Nm, I think it might be related to something else. I have to wait until everything opens to find out.

Last edited:

cassius

Reaction score
  • Love
Reactions: LucyO

jan

Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about Instagram Shopping Features | Accept
Requester: Rosalia [A39GPMMAZDFXUC] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$null] [Pay=Unrated] [Approval=Unrated] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
Reward: 0.60
Duration: 15:00
Description: Give us your opinion about Instagram Shopping Features
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Decision Making Study (~10 minutes)(~ 10 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Karen Huang [A3L6NXKI3ML07E]
TurkerView: [ $26.37 / hour ]
Description: $2.00 to participate in a 10-minute study on moral decision making, where you will read one or more moral dilemmas and answer some questions.
Duration: 40 Min
Available: 45
Reward: $2.00
Qualifications:
  • SurveyGroup [2781] DoesNotExist
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
  • 516522c7 DoesNotExist
  • Exc: [256594207-166693] DoesNotExist
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98
  • Location In US
[3U8PAUGKNWEFBPD49SZRW84RHGPNCL]

Reactions: jan

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Good Morning! My bank has charged me return item fees for the whole Amazon issue! I tried to get back on the payments site and Amazon has disabled the ability for them to call you back. Also, when I called back the number that they had called me from the other day, it said that number had been disconnected.

Edit: Nm, I think it might be related to something else. I have to wait until everything opens to find out.
Update - I actually think the return item fee was from a check that I had tried to mobile deposit, so hopefully NOT Amazon. Also, the reason the call back feature had been disabled was because they didn't open til 8EST. I talked to someone at Amazon and they said to wait until Monday because they were working on a fix and also not to transfer anything from Mturk into the account before the problem was solved...

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
The saga continues...I wasn't home very much yesterday or on any devices so I just got on to check in on what's happening.

I noticed I did not have any email to indicate that amazon payments received my email. I just emailed again and also did not receive one of those automated replies that they got my email.

I still have a negative balance :( Here's my last email...

"I have a negative balance in my account. It seems that the system tried to withdraw to some ghost bank because it says ending with - nothing. There is no bank there. That should explain why I do not have extra funds from amazon payments in either of my banks but I am still showing a negative balance in my amazon payments account.

Aug 22, 2019 Withdrawal to external bank account ending with XXX Details Completed -$24.89 $0.00 -$24.89
Aug 22, 2019 Withdrawal to external bank account ending with Details Completed -$24.89 $0.00 -$24.89
Aug 22, 2019 Cancelled Withdrawal to external bank account ending with XXX Details Failed -$24.89 $0.00 -$24.89

I do not have extra funds in my bank account and my amazon payments balance should be $0"

LucyO @LucyO I hate calls so much but maybe I should call on Monday if this isn't resolved. I was thinking that too it would not be wise to withdraw to payments for a little while here but since the only other option to get paid is a gift card they really need to fix this.

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
The saga continues...I wasn't home very much yesterday or on any devices so I just got on to check in on what's happening.

I noticed I did not have any email to indicate that amazon payments received my email. I just emailed again and also did not receive one of those automated replies that they got my email.

I still have a negative balance :( Here's my last email...

"I have a negative balance in my account. It seems that the system tried to withdraw to some ghost bank because it says ending with - nothing. There is no bank there. That should explain why I do not have extra funds from amazon payments in either of my banks but I am still showing a negative balance in my amazon payments account.

Aug 22, 2019 Withdrawal to external bank account ending with XXX Details Completed -$24.89 $0.00 -$24.89
Aug 22, 2019 Withdrawal to external bank account ending with Details Completed -$24.89 $0.00 -$24.89
Aug 22, 2019 Cancelled Withdrawal to external bank account ending with XXX Details Failed -$24.89 $0.00 -$24.89

I do not have extra funds in my bank account and my amazon payments balance should be $0"

LucyO @LucyO I hate calls so much but maybe I should call on Monday if this isn't resolved. I was thinking that too it would not be wise to withdraw to payments for a little while here but since the only other option to get paid is a gift card they really need to fix this.
I know how you feel! I am trying to breathe deeply and calmly and just accept that it is going to take them time, but I don't really want to. What I want is for them to fix it right now! My logical mind knows that they will get it fixed and that I won't have anything to worry about, but my irrational mind is telling me all sorts of crap lol. I think I'm just gonna take the next few days off and try not to think about until Monday and not worry because they will fix it....eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.