08/24 - Working Watamote Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

YAHU

YAHUUUUUUU
Contributor
Reaction score
It obviously costs money but it doesn't necessarily mean a pay reduction. I for one am not going to jump to conclusions. For one, it's not even relevant to most batches and if anything would be for surveys. So this probably isn't relevant to a good majority of people who don't even do the surveys. If anyone is reducing pay it's the workers who accept doing HITs with terrible pay.
that is the main point of forums in general tho-- to jump to conclusions

VGB

dr. peepee poopoo
Reaction score
It obviously costs money but it doesn't necessarily mean a pay reduction. I for one am not going to jump to conclusions. For one, it's not even relevant to most batches and if anything would be for surveys. So this probably isn't relevant to a good majority of people who don't even do the surveys. If anyone is reducing pay it's the workers who accept doing HITs with terrible pay.
while I agree with the specific points, and I usually play devil's advocate, this is more part of a trend at this point. That trend involves charging requesters more, not simplifying the interface to make things actually easier to understand, and basically encouraging lower pay as a result.

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
I don't think I'm on the only one that has noticed a decrease in pay since the rate increase. My issue is, it's a slippery slope, any area amazon feels they can take an advantage, they will. Obviously, they are a business. So right now it's going to effect mainly surveys, but is there going to be more increases/hidden fees for batches down the line. I wouldn't count that out.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
another problem is taking advantage of the new requesters who don't know any better
I think the price they're asking does a good job at deterring even the most naive of requesters. The average survey probably pays around 50c, so why would someone nearly double the amount they're paying, when they're already paying a 40% fee? A batch of 50c surveys would cost what, $1.20 each? I think anyone would look at that and think "can't I just ask this question myself, in my survey?"

GoldenTemple

Serial Liker
Contributor
Reaction score
If anyone is reducing pay it's the workers who accept doing HITs with terrible pay.
There is no way to stop this. There will always be someone with a more destitute situation who is willing to work for less and then in time there is someone willing to work for less than that guy, and so on and so on until you hit bottom.

r/latestagecapitalism

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
I don't think I'm on the only one that has noticed a decrease in pay since the rate increase. My issue is, it's a slippery slope, any area amazon feels they can take an advantage, they will. Obviously, they are a business. So right now it's going to effect mainly surveys, but is there going to be more increases/hidden fees for batches down the line. I wouldn't count that out.
woman always knows what she's talking about

Reactions: kryss
Status
Not open for further replies.