08/24 - Working Watamote Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I don't think I'm on the only one that has noticed a decrease in pay since the rate increase. My issue is, it's a slippery slope, any area amazon feels they can take an advantage, they will. Obviously, they are a business. So right now it's going to effect mainly surveys, but is there going to be more increases/hidden fees for batches down the line. I wouldn't count that out.
They doubled the fees, and they weren't that low to begin with. That's a crazy increase and for sure affects wages.

I wish more survey requesters posted the big "batch" of surveys to at least cut the 40% to 20%.

Reactions: kryss

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
This is nothing more than pre-screening workers. It eliminates those who will lie to do a survey. Prolific does this as well.
It's not the idea that people are upset about (I think most seem to like the idea). It's what Amazon is charging for those quals that's worrisome.

TheDuck

Reaction score
There is no way to stop this. There will always be someone with a more destitute situation who is willing to work for less and then in time there is someone willing to work for less than that guy, and so on and so on until you hit bottom.

r/latestagecapitalism
Or someone working a job that they can turk at. If you make a base hourly pay of 12-13 an hour already, making 2-3 an hour makes your total hourly $15-16, so why not?

Reactions: GoldenTemple

AlphaFemale

Contributor
Reaction score
Or someone working a job that they can turk at. If you make a base hourly pay of 12-13 an hour already, making 2-3 an hour makes your total hourly $15-16, so why not?
It just really hurts those of us that do this full time because we can't get other employment.

seventhaxis

will turk for steak
Contributor
Reaction score
Exactly my situation. I'm one of those workers that does way more than their fair share, except my manager doesn't give a shit about who does more or accuracy -- they just want warm bodies in the seats. I made it clear that I expect a promotion and that's still supposedly coming, but when I said 20% he said that it wasn't possible. Nevermind the fact that I do 30% more work on average, so instead of lighting myself on fire to keep others warm, I make an extra few bucks an hour and get my 20% that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.