Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

WordVixen

I Don't Know What I'm Doing
Contributor
Reaction score
Writing task about my (w2) job. Now I'm angry and hate everyone/everything.

Reactions: JenniLeigh

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

ShanaMarie

Not all who wander are lost.
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm just honestly worried about applying for an apartment in November or December. I need to step up my mTurk game a lot in order to even come close to covering the 3x income min rent per month part. That and also worrying about credit.

real life, eh
So, when you apply, they're going to want to see Proof of Income - usually 3 months' worth. Make sure you start transferring your $$ into your regular Bank Account so they can see a pattern of your income.

Reactions: Yuk and Peachy

TobyF

Dummy
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah its a lot of stress and the process takes a long time but I think thats a good thing to weed out abuse. You have to show limited work history, medications you have taken in the past, get doctors and hospital records. Its a good system because it shouldnt be easy to get it. You should only get SSI benefits if you truely are suffering.
it is not a good system. you are one of the lucky ones. you got decent people to look after you. There's alot of judges and medical professionals that think people are faking or tacking it on. Yeah it shouldnt be easy. but it also shouldnt be demeaning either.

carbonmonoxyd

Reaction score
I think requesters should know this is a cash grab and not thought out, you can't even change the demo info once it is submitted if you move etc. Even prolific figured that stuff out.

Reactions: kryss and Kerek

Hotlamp

Thats Not Me
Reaction score
I think i may be done for today

Today's Projected Earnings: $110.08
somebody tell me to get out
I really hope that one day A9's become available in Arkansas. I know its probably a chore but its a great safety net just to cap every day.

Reactions: P L A Y E R 9 1

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
For those of you that do this full time: what are your reasons?
actual reason: I don't know how to drive and the only thing within walking distance involves a cash register and I'm not ... I'm really ditzy and not good with cash registers.

I'm sure that's really surprising and you never would have guessed.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
So, when you apply, they're going to want to see Proof of Income - usually 3 months' worth. Make sure you start transferring your $$ into your regular Bank Account so they can see a pattern of your income.
how about credit? i use to have great credit. mistakes were made with my ex last year. bad mistakes.

CloudNine

Reaction score

Hotlamp

Thats Not Me
Reaction score
I'm just honestly worried about applying for an apartment in November or December. I need to step up my mTurk game a lot in order to even come close to covering the 3x income min rent per month part. That and also worrying about credit.

real life, eh
Get a roommate to cut costs. I'm living with a brother from my frat in college right now and when he moves out I'm living with my best friend for a bit.

Reactions: Peachy and Kerek

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
For those of you that do this full time: what are your reasons?
I could never get into the field that I wanted to get into (advertising/graphic design/visual arts) I guess I just suck at it even though I do have a bachelors degree in that field.

so my offline options are shitty minumum wage- 14.00 an hour part time jobs... but those jobs fuck with your hours/schedule so much... you could work 5 days one week, or 2-3 days the next... and inconsistant pay can really fuck up your bills

So I tried getting two shitty offline jobs, and I thought that would be like one fulltime job, but even then the managers STILL fuck with your hours... When I was at Best Buy, I'd sometimes get 1 fucking day a week... I need consistency

So I MODIFIED how I do the 2 job thing... I got my shitty offline minimum wage job at a grocery store part time and I do mturk pretty much full time because its the most consistent thing I can do until I can do better. I don't have a boss on mturk that will cut my hours if I don't suck his dick every time I see him.

Status
Not open for further replies.