Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Sanitation Questionnaire | PANDA
Requester: UofT_HCI_Health [A156OIRASDKVQF]
TurkerView: [ $11.59 / hour ]
Description: We are researchers from the University of Toronto, interested in understanding user's perception of sanitation in common environments.
Duration: 60 Min
Available: 1
Reward: $1.80
Qualifications:
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 70
  • take survey once only DoesNotExist
[3GC8IVJ11MAIF9J8LWB69VB0XEGN9U]

Mikey Chlanda

Reaction score
Title: 4 MIN QUICK SURVEY ($1.20!)Accept
Requester: Cameron C [A35GNKSUQ6Z2GR] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$8.93][Pay=Fair][Approval=~24 hrs][Comm=Unrated][Rej=0][Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.00][Fast=0.00][Comm=0.00][Fair=1.00][Reviews=2][ToS=0]
Reward: $1.20
Duration: 01:00:00
Available: 14
Description: We are conducting a short survey about lifestyle and decisions
Qualifications: Masters Exists

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Title: 4 MIN QUICK SURVEY ($1.20!)Accept
Requester: Cameron C [A35GNKSUQ6Z2GR] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$8.93][Pay=Fair][Approval=~24 hrs][Comm=Unrated][Rej=0][Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.00][Fast=0.00][Comm=0.00][Fair=1.00][Reviews=2][ToS=0]
Reward: $1.20
Duration: 01:00:00
Available: 14
Description: We are conducting a short survey about lifestyle and decisions
Qualifications: Masters Exists
Where's that Masters stink emoji? :)

• Haha
Reactions: Blakkat

KatieinPGH

*Wants Masters*
Reaction score
OMG we towed your car to Cleveland.

I'm so sorry, but seriously LOL

(and :hug:)
Husband had the call on speaker phone and when the lady said "oh! Looks like your car was sent to Cleveland yesterday!" we both did that snort/scoff/laugh/wtf face. It really was like the one thing we could laugh over because it was so unexpected. We got in touch with our actual insurance agent (like the guy that sends us spam, but we never talk too because we call the 1-800 numbers) and he was befuddled and said that there isn't an actual appeal process and that he doesn't know why we were told we could fight it. So who knows what is going on. But also, gimme my car! (it drove after it was towed out of the giant hole and drove down the street to the flatbed with all of us checking the undercarriage and not seeing anything, so it's really a "gimme my car!" thing.)

Ugh, I don't want to rant here all the time, it's just GRR. You all are great! We'll pay off $35k in repairs one Remesh at a time :banghead:

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: jan and HelloHello

HelloHello

Reaction score
Husband had the call on speaker phone and when the lady said "oh! Looks like your car was sent to Cleveland yesterday!" we both did that snort/scoff/laugh/wtf face. It really was like the one thing we could laugh over because it was so unexpected. We got in touch with our actual insurance agent (like the guy that sends us spam, but we never talk too because we call the 1-800 numbers) and he was befuddled and said that there isn't an actual appeal process and that he doesn't know why we were told we could fight it. So who knows what is going on. But also, gimme my car! (it drove after it was towed out of the giant hole and drove down the street to the flatbed with all of us checking the undercarriage and not seeing anything, so it's really a "gimme my car!" thing.)

Ugh, I don't want to rant here all the time, it's just GRR. You all are great! We'll pay off $35k in repairs one Remesh at a time :banghead:
Who is your insurance company? I just want to make certain I never get them to insure me. Anybody who says sealant is proof you knew you didn't have rebar is crazy.

KatieinPGH

*Wants Masters*
Reaction score
Who is your insurance company? I just want to make certain I never get them to insure me. Anybody who says sealant is proof you knew you didn't have rebar is crazy.
Right?! It is Allstate, same with auto insurance.

Reactions: HelloHello

HelloHello

Reaction score
Right?! It is Allstate, same with auto insurance.
Just know that all states have a Department of Insurance and they will assist you. Your agent telling you there is no appeal process is mighty fishy. I do hope you recorded that conversation.

KatieinPGH

*Wants Masters*
Reaction score
Just know that all states have a Department of Insurance and they will assist you. Your agent telling you there is no appeal process is mighty fishy. I do hope you recorded that conversation.
I wasn't aware of that. I'll do some googling. I know we have been keeping the township updated as well as the fire marshal (mainly because he is curious and worked with my husband when he was a firefighter - he was at the initial 911 call). I'm fighting anyone I can at this point! So thanks for mentioning that!!

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
We got in touch with our actual insurance agent (like the guy that sends us spam, but we never talk too because we call the 1-800 numbers) and he was befuddled and said that there isn't an actual appeal process and that he doesn't know why we were told we could fight it.
of course you can fight it. file a complaint -- containing an explanation of the incident and why you think your auto insurance claims dept is wrong -- with your state's insurance department (whoever regulates auto insurance in your state). There may even be a insurance dept webpage you can find on your state's website that explains the process steps and might have an online filing system for your complaint.

HelloHello

Reaction score
I wasn't aware of that. I'll do some googling. I know we have been keeping the township updated as well as the fire marshal (mainly because he is curious and worked with my husband when he was a firefighter - he was at the initial 911 call). I'm fighting anyone I can at this point! So thanks for mentioning that!!
Don't forget about the Better Business Bureau either.

turker4hire

Reaction score
Title: Customer Service | PANDA
Requester: Antino Kim [A2U6YZEK262E09] (Req TV): $15.70/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: 4.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fast: 5.00]
Description:
The subjects will spend about 5-8 minutes watching one short video in which a customer support agent helps a customer, and answering questions about the video. Payment is $1.25.
Time: 1 hour(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.25
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 98; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 5000; DH Participated DoesNotExist ; Location EqualTo US;

alk69

Reaction score
Right. And taking their drivable vehicle OUT OF STATE is highly suspect. Get a lawyer. The company may back off if they think they really will have to explain a denial of claim in court. It does sound like they're trying to scam you.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Right. And taking their drivable vehicle OUT OF STATE is highly suspect. Get a lawyer. The company may back off if they think they really will have to explain a denial of claim in court. It does sound like they're trying to scam you.
the car was probably taken by Two Crooks Towing to a chop shop in Cleveland. :LOL:

That indeed is really weird to tow it out of state so there might be a legal action there.

alk69

Reaction score
the car was probably taken by Two Crooks Towing to a chop shop in Cleveland. :LOL:

That indeed is really weird to tow it out of state so there might be a legal action there.
Maybe they're holding the car hostage, since they've kidnapped it....Denying the claim is typical insurance action these days. So are lawsuits. It's getting so they deny all large claims as a matter of form. And you may have to sue them.

HelloHello

Reaction score
Maybe they're holding the car hostage, since they've kidnapped it....Denying the claim is typical insurance action these days. So are lawsuits. It's getting so they deny all large claims as a matter of form. And you may have to sue them.
The insurance companies are in a world of hurt right now, COVID, wildfires, condo collapse in FL, hurricane season . . . they typically are reluctant to pay claims during periods of high claim volumes.

Reactions: rsmath
Status
Not open for further replies.