09/10 - American Marten Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jan

Reaction score
it really sucks being a parent and an introvert...kiddo's birthday is next month and I realized a few days ago that I have to start planning his party. I don't want to go to a party, let alone host one :cry:
Having kids is the best reason to make some changes :). We had a community of friends at our local park. If you start going with your son, you'll find lots of other mothers with kids who are your sons age (we sure did!). That helped a great deal.

FWIW, we had all of her parties there. Really easy ones, too. My favorite year, I made cupcakes in ice cream cones (so no clean up), offered juice (juice boxes) and took everyone swimming (at the pool, in the park).

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
I'm pretty much broke so it's mostly just gonna be a cake and kids running around outside lol
I never did parties for the kids, except with the family. When they got a little older, I would take them somewhere they wanted to go on their birthday, like the park or to see a movie or their favorite restaurant. That worked out a lot better than the whole party thing lol.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
You're a better person than I... I don't plan parties and also don't feel guilty about it :p
I wish I could do that but my mom guilt won't let me lol. I never had birthday parties and it always bummed me out so I want him to have them (as long as he wants them)
If it's warm just get water balloons lol! October can be warm still. When is his birthday?!
I'm thinking about doing that but idk if it'll still be warm enough, it's oct. 21

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
My poor kids, I never did them. I had a ton a kids and no money.
My mom would always make us a cake, put out the birthday banner and placemat, and my grandma and grandpa would come over.

Then maybe on the weekend before or after we would go to my other grandparents and since there were so many people on that side of the family we would share a 'group cake' with whoever had birthdays around that time.

And that was as exciting as it got in the midwest :)

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score
My mom would always make us a cake, put out the birthday banner and placemat, and my grandma and grandpa would come over.

Then maybe on the weekend before or after we would go to my other grandparents and since there were so many people on that side of the family we would share a 'group cake' with whoever had birthdays around that time.

That's about how it sounds at my house.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score

that's pretty much what it's going to be...just my immediate family, the friend whose house it's going to be at and her family, and maybe like 1-2 other people. I don't know a lot of people lol

JDWFM

Reaction score
I'm down with the Chiefs after living in KC for a while, but always been a Bears fan. You guys see the Bears Bear up that game last night!?

Reactions: GoldenTemple

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm down with the Chiefs after living in KC for a while, but always been a Bears fan. You guys see the Bears Bear up that game last night!?
:celebrate2:

Reactions: GoldenTemple

rsclone

This is my partner Fellatio Del Toro
Banned
Reaction score
I don't even look at the news these days, so idk what you are even referring to lol!
I had an AC that asked who the president was...I selected Trump since he was president sometime last week for sure....but I got booted....so I was wondering if someone else had taken his spot??

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I had an AC that asked who the president was...I selected Trump since he was president sometime last week for sure....but I got booted....so I was wondering if someone else had taken his spot??
oh gosh, lol!

Reactions: jan

jan

Reaction score
I didn't look at the news this morning past the hurricane report.....but do we have a new president that I am unawares of?!?!?!?!?!?
looks like a cat 4 at landfall.

When we were moving up here, we got stuck in N and then S (we have to travel back towards FL it was so bad) Carolina during Hurricane Matthew.

Those coastal communities had no way of dealing with a hurricane. And 1-95 (we were stuck at a gas station) was a mess.

Reactions: rsclone

LumosDC

Reaction score
Title: (1~2 mins) A short survey | Accept
Requester: Turk [A1AW7MZ6Z0ZM2F] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$4.47] [Pay=1.00] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.55] [Fast=4.83] [Comm=3.23] [Fair=4.85] [Reviews=96] [ToS=2]
TO2: [Hrly=4.62] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=0%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=1]
Reward: 0.15
Duration: 1800
Available: 29
Description: (1~2 mins) A short survey
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.11
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Status
Not open for further replies.