09/10 - American Marten Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

John8888

Reaction score
I am a US resident and always turking abroad with a VPN. No issues. I should be allowed from working from anywhere I please as I live in the USA.
how long have you been doing that? no issues so far? sounds fantastic to me. cuz if there is no real issues with that i am gonna try that vpn thing. do vpn apps give you different locations everytime you connect? or are the ip addresses the same all the time? thanks for your answer.

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
Ooh, that sounds scary. :/

it is and it isn't. Its the super low lying area of Virginia beach - back bay and pungo. they got flooded in by a basic coastal storm a few weeks ago, so they're not effing around today. I'm not even in an sort of evacuation zone, flooding wise.

Reactions: Theta Carinae

Theta Carinae

minor superhero nerd
Contributor
Reaction score
I should be allowed from working from anywhere I please as I live in the USA.
So what, they're going to start asking for birth certificates now? They struggle enough just keeping track of our banking details ffs

Reactions: BskiCHI

Theta Carinae

minor superhero nerd
Contributor
Reaction score
So what, they're going to start asking for birth certificates now? They struggle enough just keeping track of our banking details ffs
(or green card, or whatever. Sorry, I was born here, so I think in the terms of the documents I'd need to prove that I live here - my bad)

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
how long have you been doing that? no issues so far? sounds fantastic to me. cuz if there is no real issues with that i am gonna try that vpn thing. do vpn apps give you different locations everytime you connect? or are the ip addresses the same all the time? thanks for your answer.
You can google "how does a VPN work?" for answers to those questions. People have absolutely been banned for using VPNs outside the US, however, and even if you are still a US resident and that happens, you are relying on the mercy of mturk/Amazon customer service reps to get your account back. I personally wouldn't risk it, as the economic benefit from your account is likely greater in the long run than the short-term benefit you may derive from working outside the US on a VPN, but...:shrug:

BskiCHI

Reaction score
You can google "how does a VPN work?" for answers to those questions. People have absolutely been banned for using VPNs outside the US, however, and even if you are still a US resident and that happens, you are relying on the mercy of mturk/Amazon customer service reps to get your account back. I personally wouldn't risk it, as the economic benefit from your account is likely greater in the long run than the short-term benefit you may derive from working outside the US on a VPN, but...:shrug:
Faking residency is a totally different thing.

Reactions: jklmnop

John8888

Reaction score
You've just passed 600 hits and you're already having days where you're making close to (never mind more than) $15?
What you need to realize is that that's actually pretty high level. I think I made 21 cents my entire first year - while most people's stories aren't quite that extreme, I feel like it takes most people quite a bit of time to even get that far. You're doing well.

Yeah, that's gonna happen. You're new - the sooner you can adopt the mindset that Turk isn't going to be like a job where you get paid a salary or an hourly wage. There are absolutely no guarantees, no schedule, little to no rhyme or reason. It's how it works. It drives most of us at least a little crazy, be prepared for that.

$15 a day at 600 without scripts?
Really, you're doing fine. If you wanna make more though, scripts are a thing you need to get on.

lol, what's a vacation? Seriously, please consider listening to everyone telling you to enjoy your vacation, it's been more than 5 years since I had one. I suspect that's another thing that would be true for a few of us around here.

tl;dr it's gonna be okay. Go have some fun, the mines will be here when you get back.
we are in england with my family. we have been here 4 days now, the next stop will be greece to see all of these beautiful historical stuff. enjoying it here so far. gotta tell ya, worked hard for this vacation. this is my first vacation with my family in 3 years.

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
it is and it isn't. Its the super low lying area of Virginia beach - back bay and pungo. they got flooded in by a basic coastal storm a few weeks ago, so they're not effing around today. I'm not even in an sort of evacuation zone, flooding wise.
Are they still forecasting a stall after landfall? Perhaps that's what is prompting it.

Reactions: savvy

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
this has been happening for the past couple of days where i am not even making $15. whatever the hit i click, they are GONE. i haven't installed any of the scripts yet, but i will very soon. also another quick question, i am on vacation right now and out of the country. some hits require you to have us ip address. would amazon block my account if you use any type of vpn that redirects me to one of the US ip addresses?
"whatever the hit " I click, they are GONE." This is a VERY competitive forum.
I have no idea about the rest of your question. However, you've been turking since *yesterday.* This is not a place where you will find instant gratification. You're 29; you need to learn how to have some patience.

Sybaris

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
we are in england with my family. we have been here 4 days now, the next stop will be greece to see all of these beautiful historical stuff. enjoying it here so far. gotta tell ya, worked hard for this vacation. this is my first vacation with my family in 3 years.
One day I will live in Greece. One of my favorite places to be!

Reactions: Theta Carinae

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
this has been happening for the past couple of days where i am not even making $15. whatever the hit i click, they are GONE. i haven't installed any of the scripts yet, but i will very soon. also another quick question, i am on vacation right now and out of the country. some hits require you to have us ip address. would amazon block my account if you use any type of vpn that redirects me to one of the US ip addresses?
See nopoopwarez @nopoopwarez's post

Theta Carinae

minor superhero nerd
Contributor
Reaction score
Holy crap, man. Get off the computer and go talk to your people and go look at all the pretty. I promise that is a 100% better use of your time right now.

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
Are they still forecasting a stall after landfall? Perhaps that's what is prompting it.
back bay is because of tidal flooding. our tides are already running high from water being pushed in, been getting pictures from rangers around the city at our various boat ramps that are already flooding out. Inland looks worse for the stall. And yes, I think so. The think the way the crow flies I am less than 20 miles from the ocean? My park I work at is a priority evac zone because of the Northwest River - it connects to the abermarle sound in carolina. fun fun fun

Reactions: GTR and jklmnop

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
back bay is because of tidal flooding. our tides are already running high from water being pushed in, been getting pictures from rangers around the city at our various boat ramps that are already flooding out. Inland looks worse for the stall. And yes, I think so. The think the way the crow flies I am less than 20 miles from the ocean? My park I work at is a priority evac zone because of the Northwest River - it connects to the abermarle sound in carolina. fun fun fun
Ugh stay safe!

Status
Not open for further replies.