09/13 - Tarsier Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
PE: $5.14! Finally. Going to go and get the kid ready for school. I need to walk both dogs again today so wish me luck. Tri does great with walking on 3 legs, but both dogs seem to want to sniff different things on opposite side of the road..my arms aren't that long lol.

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Have you noticed MTS crashing since the update, if you've updated? It only happens to me after like 9 straight hours of having it up, but I was wondering if it was Chrome or MTS. I have boatloads of RAM in this computer.
I haven't noticed yet but I will keep you posted.

Reactions: Despairagus

Cara

ad space now available
Contributor
Reaction score
A week or so wow thats a long time to leave chrome running at least I think so. I pretty much exit everthing when I am not using the computer
this is what i do. and i restart chrome every few hours, just cuz.

egryan1

Reaction score
Title: Product Choices (~ 4 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Stanford GSB Behavioral Lab [A3OSXTUM1QEXNY] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$15.37] [Pay=3.42] [Fast=3.67] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.29] [Fast=4.15] [Comm=3.49] [Fair=4.42] [Reviews=609] [ToS=7]
Reward: 0.40
Duration: 1800
Available: 1
Description: Earn $.40 for 4 minutes!
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [3400888-106084] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.11
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
If you leave the browser open long enough it will leak memory and become sluggish as hell. It's been a problem on Chrome since launch. I have 8 gigs of RAM and it will eventually become noticeable on my system if I don't restart Chrome for a week or so.
I literally never restart chrome unless I have to restart my PC. It uses the same amount of memory for me, regardless of the amount of time it's been open. It doesn't slow down or stutter or anything else. It is a memory hog but, for me it's consistent(no increase over time/leak). I know lot's of people who mention they have a memory leak and it's Chrome's fault. I also know that some people, like me who have windows 7, 32bit, 4gb of ram, and no issues.

EDIT I only ever have 4 tabs open max.

Last edited:

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I literally never restart chrome unless I have to restart my PC. It uses the same amount of memory for me, regardless of the amount of time it's been open. It doesn't slow down or stutter or anything else. It is a memory hog but, for me it's consistent(no increase over time/leak). I know lot's of people who mention they have a memory leak and it's Chrome's fault. I also know that some people, like me who have windows 7, 32bit, 4gb of ram, and no issues.

EDIT I only ever have 4 tabs max.
I wonder if it has to do with the kind of windows you have? Chrome just rolls up in and goes "Welly well well, look at all this RAM!"and slaps it's belly on 64bit high RAM systems?

egryan1

Reaction score

EDIT I only ever have 4 tabs max.
May have to do with 32 bit windows part cause in 32 bit you were limited to 4gb of ram so they may have took more care to limit memory leaks and stuff like that

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Survey with memory game | Accept
Requester: ECM-MT [A1FPSM671EIGJF] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$11.54] [Pay=4.00] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=11] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=8.18] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 1.20
Duration: 4800
Available: 22
Description: Solve different tasks including a memory game and answer questions about yourself.
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.11
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
.[/td][/tr]

Reactions: Kliq

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
this is what i do. and i restart chrome every few hours, just cuz.
For me it's more of an issue of I just flip my laptop closed when not using it, usually to chase a toddler or just to keep him and the cats off from it. Then I get in the routine of just opening it up and picking up where I left off. I'll eventually hit a point where I'm like, "oh, yeah, this has been running for a week."

Reactions: Despairagus

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score

EDIT I only ever have 4 tabs open max.
I'm on Windows 10, it is way worse than when I was on 7. Probably the sites that I navigate to play into it. There is a lot of media streaming that goes on during the work day.

Reactions: Jerami

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I wonder if it has to do with the kind of windows you have? Chrome just rolls up in and goes "Welly well well, look at all this RAM!"and slaps it's belly on 64bit high RAM systems?
I agree it's a memory hog but, I've not seen proof of a leak, except for a bit with Widows 10(fixed). Chrome tries to be faster, at the sacrifice of more ram. It can start to get pretty greedy with a bunch of tabs open, as each is run as a separate instance but, Being a hog and using more with more tabs and leaking are 2 different things. Either way, every system is different and since we all run different extensions, I'd not be able to name the culprit off-handedly.
May have to do with 32 bit windows part cause in 32 bit you were limited to 4gb of ram so they may have took more care to limit memory leaks and stuff like that

Last edited:

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So legit advice question for the ladies here especially, what do you do when you have a teenage boy that smells rank? He's never really smelled good but it's getting worse and our other kids have never gotten to this level and I'm not really sure what to do...he's just one of those guys that's alwats sweaty, like his hands are always wet and clammy and his feet...his socks are always wet and they stink like a horrid smell.

Like I don't really think I should be doing clothes and his socks and underwear make my laundry room smell like sweaty balls. He's like a locker room by himself lol. Anyone have any tips on things that can help with this?

Reactions: GRR

egryan1

Reaction score
I agree it's a memory hog but, I've not seen proof of a leak, except for a bit with Widows 10(fixed). Chrome tries to be faster, at the sacrifice of more ram. It can start to get pretty greedy with a bunch of tabs open, as each is run as a separate instance but, Being a hog and using more with more tabs and leaking are 2 different things. Either way, every system is different and since we all run different extensions, I'd not be able to name the culprit off-handedly.

Windows 7 32bit supports 192gb of ram. No 4gb limit here. It's just a business system that I got 2 months ago and haven't put any in yet.

EDIT Maybe that's Windows 98se you're thinking of? I can't remember a 4gb limit in a while.

Really everywhere I read and seen it only supports up to 4gb you can install more and it will see it but the OS only uses up to 4gb got to do with processor. But hey maybe I am wrong

Edit it has to do with 32 bit proccessor not supporting more

Last edited:

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Really everywhere I read and seen it only supports up to 4gb you can install more and it will see it but the OS only uses up to 4gb got to do with processor. But hey maybe I am wrong
Yeah, I was editing.
I really never looked. I just assumed it would support high memory. Meh, good catch. I learned something.

Reactions: egryan1

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
So legit advice question for the ladies here especially, what do you do when you have a teenage boy that smells rank? He's never really smelled good but it's getting worse and our other kids have never gotten to this level and I'm not really sure what to do...he's just one of those guys that's alwats sweaty, like his hands are always wet and clammy and his feet...his socks are always wet and they stink like a horrid smell.

Like I don't really think I should be doing clothes and his socks and underwear make my laundry room smell like sweaty balls. He's like a locker room by himself lol. Anyone have any tips on things that can help with this?
I put baking soda in the wash after we hike and all our clothes smell like something died in them. That might help?

My mom would just tell my brothers they stunk and to take a shower but she's a blunt lady.

Reactions: GRR

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Edit it has to do with 32 bit proccessor not supporting more
Totally right. I never was aware. I've had more than 4gb in lots of systems. They seemed faster. I'm so dumb, I guess. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.