09/14 - Mental Awareness Wednesday

We don't have the Suri Code. Here's the thread.

• http://www.mturkcrowd.com/threads/siddharth-suri.1644/

Votes: 11 13.3%
  • http://www.mturkcrowd.com/threads/siddharth-suri.1644/

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • Does anyone have the Suri code?

Votes: 62 74.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShanaMarie

Not all who wander are lost.
Contributor
Reaction score
Are you guys discussing how to get around a requesters instructions?
Alright guys, just to err on the side of caution, because I'm not exactly positive, but lets be careful. It does say watch the entire video.
I always watch the full vid and in many cases go back and watch portions again so I can comment and give a time. The question is can you watch two at a time and if you can do more than one in a batch. From their FAQs "We typically post more HITs than there are videos in our system. For instance, we might post 8 HITs with 2 videos. That means there are only 2 HITs that you can do without rating the same video twice, even though MTurk might tell you there are more HITs remaining in the batch.

At the end of each HIT when you receive your completion code, you will be told how many HITs remain for you to do. When no videos remain, you should not try to complete any additional HITs in the batch. If you do, you will see the "You've Done It All" page and will be reminded that you can't complete any more HITs in this batch."

Reactions: T. Leela

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
I emailed about that, but I think he's currently panicking about the submit button not working. I've been trying to dig around and find it, but I've been sending back ones I can't find a clear answer for. I did 15. Unless he gets back to me the rest are all yours.
i got 12. 8 expired because it took me so long to learn how to submit.

Reactions: loki3404

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
I always watch the full vid and in many cases go back and watch portions again so I can comment and give a time. The question is can you watch two at a time and if you can do more than one in a batch. From their FAQs "We typically post more HITs than there are videos in our system. For instance, we might post 8 HITs with 2 videos. That means there are only 2 HITs that you can do without rating the same video twice, even though MTurk might tell you there are more HITs remaining in the batch.

At the end of each HIT when you receive your completion code, you will be told how many HITs remain for you to do. When no videos remain, you should not try to complete any additional HITs in the batch. If you do, you will see the "You've Done It All" page and will be reminded that you can't complete any more HITs in this batch."
I'm not saying you're doing the hit incorrectly or being dishonest. I'm saying we're erring on the side of caution because I suppose it could be a bit ambiguous.

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Training qualifier to do UserBob HITs | PANDA
Requester: UserBob [A1G1PATDFBA7E5] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 4.78] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 4.97] [Fast: 5.00]
Description:
Record your computer's screen and your voice while you spend 1 minute talking about your first visit to a website. Then upload the recording.
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: Reviewer has not been granted; Total approved HITs is not less than 1000; Location is one of: CA, US; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 99;

Serial Mom

I’m smiling…that alone should scare you.
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Training qualifier to do UserBob HITs | PANDA
Requester: UserBob [A1G1PATDFBA7E5] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 4.78] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 4.97] [Fast: 5.00]
Description:
Record your computer's screen and your voice while you spend 1 minute talking about your first visit to a website. Then upload the recording.
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: Reviewer has not been granted; Total approved HITs is not less than 1000; Location is one of: CA, US; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 99;
This guy is an awesome requester!!! His hits are great!

Reactions: <Gucci>

Serial Mom

I’m smiling…that alone should scare you.
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm on day 2 of my self induced cupcake coma
I'm always on a snickers hoard. Hubs has a vending machine at his work. Keeps the inventory here at home. I'm always in it. I leave monopoly money in the box. :)

Reactions: Pippa

Knight

Reaction score
Did the amount of A9s go up today? God bless America.

Pippa

All things lovely and beautiful.
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm always on a snickers hoard. Hubs has a vending machine at his work. Keeps the inventory here at home. I'm always in it. I leave monopoly money in the box. :)
I mean, what's a girl expected to do in a time of crisis!

Reactions: Serial Mom
Status
Not open for further replies.