09/19 - Make It Laugh Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
I love to run so, I'm always curious about other runners. It is the best feeling and hard to explain.
I used to run and I remember the high. I don't run now...but I want my kid to find that high. I ran up until my first pregnancy and since then...eh...I'm an AWESOME speed walker!

Reactions: Pippa

Pippa

All things lovely and beautiful.
Contributor
Reaction score
I used to run and I remember the high. I don't run now...but I want my kid to find that high. I ran up until my first pregnancy and since then...eh...I'm an AWESOME speed walker!
I don't run for speed. I'm a distance runner. My sweet spot is 6 to 7 miles. I'm not fast at all though.

Reactions: tricker and Kerek

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
I love to run so, I'm always curious about other runners. It is the best feeling and hard to explain.
I should add that I was a distance/cross country runner so the high for me kicked in around mile 2. But my kid probably won't ever run CC or distance so I'm trying to help him figure out how awesome running is in a lesser distance. Kind of a challenge for me since a mile was barely a warm up waaaayyy back when when I used to run.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't run for speed. I'm a distance runner. My sweet spot is 6 to 7 miles. I'm not fast at all though.
I remember one time I finished a CC race that was 2.1 miles in 14 mins. My coach was stoked. It was the start of the season. I walked up to him and said "never. again."

I ran for fun and stamina. speed was never my thing.

Nytmair

Contributor
Reaction score
I WISH i liked running. I despise cardio. I only lift. I reallllllly need to improve my cardio fitness though :(

Pippa

Contributor
Reaction score
I should add that I was a distance/cross country runner so the high for me kicked in around mile 2. But my kid probably won't ever run CC or distance so I'm trying to help him figure out how awesome running is in a lesser distance. Kind of a challenge for me since a mile was barely a warm up waaaayyy back when when I used to run.
Sorry, I mean I'm finished around mile 6 or 7. The good feeling kicks in around mile 2 for me also.

Reactions: tricker

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I guess I don't speak this either. Sorry. I need to pay more attention. I will.
I promise you that you really don't. That way madness lies.

SJC

Reaction score
Hi folks. Been away for a few weeks - anything new and exciting on MTurk?

Pippa

Contributor
Reaction score
I WISH i liked running. I despise cardio. I only lift. I reallllllly need to improve my cardio fitness though :(
I hated it too when I started. Over time as I built up stamina it just started to change for me. I still struggle somedays to get motivated, but I never regret it.

Reactions: Kerek

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry, I mean I'm finished around mile 6 or 7. The good feeling kicks in around mile 2 for me also.
Right? That moment when all your muscles have warmed up and kicked in and the adrenaline hits and you just know you got this for five more miles. I had a soundtrack I used to run to. I paced myself by that. I knew where I needed to be by what song.

But that was a long time ago, before babies. Now. I pace my walking self. I will say, the stamina is still there. I can keep going for a long time at a moderate pace. I just, don't run. I have a bad ankle now that gives out if I try and run, so I just walk.

Pippa

Contributor
Reaction score
Right? That moment when all your muscles have warmed up and kicked in and the adrenaline hits and you just know you got this for five more miles. I had a soundtrack I used to run to. I paced myself by that. I knew where I needed to be by what song.

But that was a long time ago, before babies. Now. I pace my walking self. I will say, the stamina is still there. I can keep going for a long time at a moderate pace. I just, don't run. I have a bad ankle now that gives out if I try and run, so I just walk.
Walking is very good for you so just keep at it.

Reactions: tricker and Kerek
Status
Not open for further replies.