09/19 - Make It Laugh Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
I WISH i liked running. I despise cardio. I only lift. I reallllllly need to improve my cardio fitness though :(
You'll only love running when you find the high. But not everyone is cut out for cardio. I need to improve my lifting. Or my resistance band workouts, lol. I'm old so I just use bands now. Or gravity. That works too when doing pullups or pushups.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
Walking is very good for you so just keep at it.
I have a gym quality stairmaster in my room . I try and hit that often, too. Thinking of trading it in for an incline treadmill though.

Reactions: Kerek

Nytmair

Contributor
Reaction score
You'll only love running when you find the high. But not everyone is cut out for cardio. I need to improve my lifting. Or my resistance band workouts, lol. I'm old so I just use bands now. Or gravity. That works too when doing pullups or pushups.
I have run in the past (5k or so was my biggest distance back when I ran some) but I never experienced the runners high.

Nowadays I just lift. I'm obsessed with it and love it. Give me a barbell for squats, bench, etc and I'm happy. Make me run and ugh! I just need to do it I guess.

Pippa

All things lovely and beautiful.
Contributor
Reaction score
I can't lift anything. I am a weakling in that area. No upper body strength at all.

Reactions: tricker

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I have run in the past (5k or so was my biggest distance back when I ran some) but I never experienced the runners high.

Nowadays I just lift. I'm obsessed with it and love it. Give me a barbell for squats, bench, etc and I'm happy. Make me run and ugh! I just need to do it I guess.
You don't really have to, depending on how sedentary you are otherwise and how you pace your lifting and whether you're trying to control weight.

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score
Or gravity
gravity has and will always be the best, people who lift (while it's better than nothing) weights get into lifting something only a simple way, stamina is where it is at for long term.

Reactions: Pippa and tricker

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
I can't lift anything. I am a weakling in that area. No upper body strength at all.
That's my problem. I've always had horrid upper body strength. Despite doing yoga and floor exercises for it. My upper body just says "nope!"

the only time I felt like I had strength in that are is when I was carrying around my babies. I could always heft them up to my hip and carry them around with one arm.

Reactions: Pippa

Nytmair

Contributor
Reaction score
You don't really have to, depending on how sedentary you are otherwise and how you pace your lifting.
I understand I don't NEED it. But I get winded far too easily and would like to change that. I used to be way better in that department.

Reactions: Pippa and Kerek

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score
That's my problem. I've always had horrid upper body strength. Despite doing yoga and floor exercises for it. My upper body just says "nope!"

the only time I felt like I had strength in that are is when I was carrying around my babies. I could always heft them up to my hip and carry them around with one arm.
push ups and more push ups

TobyF

Dummy
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
i just did a mean workout. That fork was heavy.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
gravity has and will always be the best, people who lift (while it's better than nothing) weights get into lifting something only a simple way, stamina is where it is at for long term.
I pretty much use that to work out a lot. It's basically free and all I'm working against is my own weight. Which is plenty...so if I can push me away from the floor or lift me up over a bar, I'm freaking happy as hell!

Pippa

All things lovely and beautiful.
Contributor
Reaction score
What makes me feel like a champ is tackling flights of stairs with ease. I hope it carries with me as I age.

I took ballet lessons in my late 30's and loved it. I would still take now but my instructor passed away. You don't realize what you are still capable of even years after. It takes a little more time, but the human body is marvelous.

Status
Not open for further replies.