09/20 - Love Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
How do I measure my PD? It's blank on my prescription.
If I were you, I would visit the optometrist and ask them to measure it for you. I'm told that sometimes the optometrist will refuse to give you this information because they know what you're up to, which is basically circumventing the costs of the brick and mortar optometrist. They should do it for nothing, especially if you've had an eye exam there before, but if they refuse, the Zenni website gives some tips about how to do it yourself. When you receive your first order from Zenni, or at least when I did they sent a little cardboard measuring tool to help me better determine my pupilary distance. I've never had any problems with this service, and if you're like me, and used to spending $400 for a pair for new glasses, Zenni is amazing. I have several pairs now to match different outfits. That's not a brag, it's just awesome.

You can also upload a picture of yourself to the Zenni site, so that you can theoretically see how each pair will look on your face shape. The also give rather detailed measurements for each pair of glasses that they sell. Pay attention to this, and measure your current pair to see what size you need.

KellieS23

Anyone else feel like a Rainbow?
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Group Decision Making Survey(~ 45 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Kellogg Kteily Lab [A8VNY3KPRHHRC] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☭☭☭☭ 4.75 Communicativity
☭☭☭☭☭ 3.43 Generosity
☭☭☭☭☭ 5.00 Fairness
☭☭☭☭☭ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 55
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: Complete a 45 minute online group study on judgment and decision making
Time: 2 hours
Hits Available: 10
Reward: $2.00
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 100; Exc: [708159-21819] has not been granted; Total approved HITs is not greater than 50000; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 93; Location is one of: US

Matilda Jones

Grey Ghost
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Psychology Experiments: Decision Making Task | PANDA
Requester: Chris [A2GIYY77IUO78U] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☭☭☭☭☭ 0.00 Communicativity
☭☭☭☭☭ 5.00 Generosity
☭☭☭☭☭ 0.00 Fairness
☭☭☭☭☭ 0.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 1
Description: In this HIT, you can participate in several brief tasks hosted on our website. There are 4 questionnaires, which should each take a few minutes. There are also 2 decision making tasks, which take about 20 minutes each.
Time: 3 hours
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $5.00
Qualifications: Demographics is not less than 0; Consent is 0; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 97; Location is US
couple of easy qual tests...I meet the qualifications...gonna give this a try
Sweet, got the quals, looks like there might be some bonuses too.

Reactions: C to the J

SleepComa

Drifting through the stars...
Reaction score
Sweet, got the quals, looks like there might be some bonuses too.
Apparently I did this because when I click the link I get a completion code, checked my hits and I have done it, ugh so tempted just to submit it again and see what happens.

Reactions: C to the J

Tuesday

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
The really high prescription lenses do cost more though but still likely end up way cheaper than someone locally

(the only catch is if you have something really difficult and have to have it remade because they don't work for you, they're going to charge you for it, whereas someone local might do it under their "satisfaction guarantee")
Yeah, but even having them remade is significantly less expensive with Zenni than it is with a brick and mortar optometrist. I have an astigmatism and they still got it right. I'm sorry if I'm giving them too much credit, but I am a huge fan of this service.

Azazael

Reaction score
Title: Psychology Experiments: Decision Making Task | PANDA
Requester: Chris [A2GIYY77IUO78U] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☭☭☭☭☭ 0.00 Communicativity
☭☭☭☭☭ 5.00 Generosity
☭☭☭☭☭ 0.00 Fairness
☭☭☭☭☭ 0.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 1
Description: In this HIT, you can participate in several brief tasks hosted on our website. There are 4 questionnaires, which should each take a few minutes. There are also 2 decision making tasks, which take about 20 minutes each.
Time: 3 hours
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $5.00
Qualifications: Demographics is not less than 0; Consent is 0; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 97; Location is US
couple of easy qual tests...I meet the qualifications...gonna give this a try

were the quals up on the req name? i just glanced fast and there were no hits or anything there

Reactions: <Gucci>

Nytmair

Contributor
Reaction score

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I emailed and asked if I could retake the survey...

I'm sorry about the rejection - You entered 5512347449 at the end of the survey, which was not this survey's completion code. Unfortunately, there is no way I can undo the rejection. Again, I'm sorry and appreciate your time and input.

corvid

Contributor
Reaction score
Reactions: Tuesday and <Gucci>

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't do micro beads. I wrote the script to see if I could get them to be worth it. I thought they might be okay for numbers for newer people. doesn't sound like it though.
I think it definitely is much better for that with your script than without. I say under 30 second, but also I always am quite a bit slower than other people. which ticks me off...but seems to be true lol. So if the first few hits i got with out many beads is normal, it's definitely worth it, imo, especially for numbers or filler or whatever.

Reactions: Deleted member 526

<Gucci>

Francis Manancis ...fuck you...
Threaderator
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
were the quals up on the req name? i just glanced fast and there were no hits or anything there
yea you just click and it's auto granted.

Reactions: Azazael

SamBurger

Reaction score
If I were you, I would visit the optometrist and ask them to measure it for you. I'm told that sometimes the optometrist will refuse to give you this information because they know what you're up to, which is basically circumventing the costs of the brick and mortar optometrist. They should do it for nothing, especially if you've had an eye exam there before, but if they refuse, the Zenni website gives some tips about how to do it yourself. When you receive your first order from Zenni, or at least when I did they sent a little cardboard measuring tool to help me better determine my pupilary distance. I've never had any problems with this service, and if you're like me, and used to spending $400 for a pair for new glasses, Zenni is amazing. I have several pairs now to match different outfits. That's not a brag, it's just awesome.

You can also upload a picture of yourself to the Zenni site, so that you can theoretically see how each pair will look on your face shape. The also give rather detailed measurements for each pair of glasses that they sell. Pay attention to this, and measure your current pair to see what size you need.
Yeah this is pretty crazy. $13 for a pair of glasses. My mind is blown. I'll probably just do the webcam thingy to measure PD.

Reactions: Tuesday

KellieS23

Anyone else feel like a Rainbow?
Contributor
Reaction score
I just clicked on the requester's name...stuff came up...took 2 qual tests...

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
No discussion of pay yet with that library job but glancing at Glassdoor, I might as well stick with staying home and turking. How sad.

Reactions: heeheehahaha
Status
Not open for further replies.