09/21 - Wake Me Up on Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

K'Lee

The Royal Taster
Contributor
Reaction score
I did ten of them.. leary of doing more with that bad of a TO. Too bad too because these are easy as hell.
Yeah, I did 10...I really want to do more but am not sure if I should.

Reactions: Not A Robot

MerryLou

unpalatable
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Heya, noob user here sitting at 1400 submitted 1 rejection with some quick questions for you mturk veterans: what is your workflow like? I did a bit of googling and a forum keyword search with no luck.

I recently picked up panda crazy, and I'm a bit confused how to utilize it because it suggests only adding 5-10 hits since it searches one hit at a time--I feel like I'd set it up for hits like project endor etc, but then I might not start it at the right time of day to get those hits, and thus the tool would be pretty much useless to me. I don't use an autorefresher with a panda link like some suggest since that seems the same as panda crazy, just crapier.

I've used hitscraper to find hits, but I usually average $2-4 an hour. I've got it set up for a minimum reward size of 0.25, 44 pages to scrape, correct for skips, hide stuff I'm unqualified for (was qualing a lot for a while, got maybe 3-4 so I stopped bothering for now), hide no TO, search by latest (I switch this up sometimes), and I've blocklisted stuff that was cluttering results like transcriptions (crowdsource, p9r, jon brelig, scoutit, speechpad). I haven't been hitscraping as much lately, I seem have more luck just watching these threads and using the hit notifier website.
You might start with scraping every 2-5 seconds, 1 page, 20-50 hits and don't correct for skips. (This all depends on how many page requests errors you get so adjust as needed) You don't need to look at the entirety of mturk. As far as when you turn on your PandAs in PC, well when the hits are up or if you're waiting for expires/returns... but maybe I'm not understanding the question exactly.

Reactions: Pleco

YAHU

YAHUUUUUUU
Contributor
Reaction score
Heya, noob user here sitting at 1400 submitted 1 rejection with some quick questions for you mturk veterans: what is your workflow like? I did a bit of googling and a forum keyword search with no luck.

I recently picked up panda crazy, and I'm a bit confused how to utilize it because it suggests only adding 5-10 hits since it searches one hit at a time--I feel like I'd set it up for hits like project endor etc, but then I might not start it at the right time of day to get those hits, and thus the tool would be pretty much useless to me. I don't use an autorefresher with a panda link like some suggest since that seems the same as panda crazy, just crapier.

I've used hitscraper to find hits, but I usually average $2-4 an hour. I've got it set up for a minimum reward size of 0.25, 44 pages to scrape, correct for skips, hide stuff I'm unqualified for (was qualing a lot for a while, got maybe 3-4 so I stopped bothering for now), hide no TO, search by latest (I switch this up sometimes), and I've blocklisted stuff that was cluttering results like transcriptions (crowdsource, p9r, jon brelig, scoutit, speechpad). I haven't been hitscraping as much lately, I seem have more luck just watching these threads and using the hit notifier website.

YAHU

YAHUUUUUUU
Contributor
Reaction score
i'm in the market for a new savings account. any recommendations? i want to get some interest. currently getting 1% with barclays but not thrilled with their user interface. NOT Ally either please :wink:
what's your issue with ally if you dont mind me asking

edit: errr not the joke im actually curious

Reactions: Pleco

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score

Welcome! :wave2:

Have you watched the HIT Scraper video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0T_VzGDBT_M

Reactions: MerryLou

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
what's your issue with ally if you dont mind me asking

edit: errr not the joke im actually curious
i posted a little above

i signed up for a 0% interest card with $100 cash back if you spend $1,000 in june. i tried to make the first purchase, card was declined for unknown reasons. turns out it was never fully activated despite my having activated it over the phone. fast forward to august and i still think i have 0% interest so i put $2k of baxter's vet bills on it. come to find out the offer was only for 0% on balance transfers, not purchases. NOT what the rep told me over the phone when i signed up. anyway whatever. so i go to cancel the account, first gotta redeem my rewards. oh wait, create a separate account for that even though you have a separate Ally credit card account from your Ally savings account. i now have 3 Ally logins all different. i try to add my Ally savings to get a 10% bonus on rewards redemption. Ally savings account # is 9 digits. online form says account # must be 10 digits. i call and am transferred 4 different times before i am eventually hung up on. i finally get thru to someone and they have no effing clue what they are doing. i am cancelling everything i have with Ally. maybe the 0% interest thing was my fault but i signed up over the phone and verified this with the representative. everything is a hassle with them.

edit: 0% was promotional for 12 months, thought i had plenty of time to pay off those vet bills with no interest. WRONG, now am looking for a 0% interest with 0% balance transfer fee card. if anyone has rec's please let me know!
and an edit to my edit: i'm just draining my MTurk savings account to pay off the credit card. i couldn't find a 0% interest and $0 balance transfer fee card other than chase slate that is not with a credit union so i'm just taking the hit and getting the balance paid off. i can't get the chase card because they have a weird rule that you can only have opened 5 or less accounts in the past 2 years and i'm a serial account opener (with great credit)

Last edited:

carbonmonoxyd

Reaction score
Is there something up with the giphy batch, it is accepting at snail pace and crashing.

Lea

Reaction score

Making an account to get help was the first turn in the right direction. Don't count out things that are less than 25 cents. You could miss a 5 cent qualification hit that could lead to $$$. Even some really nice batches are down in the nickle area. I also don't scrape more than like 5 pages. Good stuff goes quick or gets posted here. No point waiting for it to load all of that if you ask me. You definitely should panda stuff. Don't count out doing stuff like this if it's not clear or working for you right away. Just hang out on forums and people can help you out when needed.

Reactions: BrewMeister

YAHU

YAHUUUUUUU
Contributor
Reaction score
i posted a little above

and an edit to my edit: i'm just draining my MTurk savings account to pay off the credit card. i couldn't find a 0% interest and $0 balance transfer fee card other than chase slate that is not with a credit union so i'm just taking the hit and getting the balance paid off. i can't get the chase card because they have a weird rule that you can only have opened 5 or less accounts in the past 2 years and i'm a serial account opener (with great credit)
Oops must have missed it. Thanks

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Is there something up with the giphy batch, it is accepting at snail pace and crashing.

That's just how giphy works now for some reason. With a nice sprinkle of throttle on top as well.

VGB

dr. peepee poopoo
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.