09/26 - Take Your Ocelot to Work Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
*Shrug*.

I just figured I'd answer the question and let everyone know how I maintain my sanity through surveys.

I'm so tired of answering "Society works better when some people are on the bottom" over, and over, and over. Personalty profile questions like that which are shared across surveys don't tend to change depending on any survey context, and those are what that feature is meant to deal with.
If you're tired of it, you could try batches instead. Parts of what you're writing invalidates the integrity of a survey. You're paid to do it honestly, not auto filling previous answers or detecting A/C questions. If you're completing it honestly, you don't need to detect A/Cs. Maintaining integrity and honesty across all types of work is of the utmost importance and we value that significantly here.

I don't want to see anything like this advertised or posted on this forum.

klyde

No, I don't want to see your pog collection
Contributor
Reaction score
*Shrug*.

I just figured I'd answer the question and let everyone know how I maintain my sanity through surveys.

I'm so tired of answering "Society works better when some people are on the bottom" over, and over, and over. Personalty profile questions like that which are shared across surveys don't tend to change depending on any survey context, and those are what that feature is meant to deal with.
Oh wait til you have to answer the same "Would you pull the track to the left to kill 5 people or let it go to kill one person and save the rest" 50 times. Yeah it really sucks some times and that's the turk life. We all just try out best to make it through a day. Say goodbye to our shift people and go have a stiff drink afterwards, and sometimes green for the people who can legally partake.

hydraliskraider

Cuyler Stuwe (salembeats)
Banned
Reaction score
Answers can change depending on what's been presented and how.
Which is why the script only provides an opportunity to recall a past answer to a canned question, but doesn't force it.

We may not always understand (or care) why they include those questions but they have reasons and they expect them to be filled out fresh each time.
My saved answers to canned questions have more thought put into them. Because I know it's the last time I'll answer how I feel about minorities, social structure, or the environment, I put a relatively large amount of thought into it. By contrast, when I'm trying to navigate through a survey quickly enough that it's worth my time, I have an inherent time pressure which influences me to put less consideration into my answers.

So IMO, if used correctly, this script is a win/win. Gives requesters better data and workers a better wage.

hydraliskraider

Cuyler Stuwe (salembeats)
Banned
Reaction score
Oh wait til you have to answer the same "Would you pull the track to the left to kill 5 people or let it go to kill one person and save the rest" 50 times. Yeah it really sucks some times and that's the turk life. We all just try out best to make it through a day. Say goodbye to our shift people and go have a stiff drink afterwards, and sometimes green for the people who can legally partake.
You've only answered that 50 times?!

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Personality, Beliefs, and Behaviors Follow Up(~ 48 minutes) | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Joshua B. Grubbs [A3UQYKR0TGW9RS] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 2.97] [Fast: 4.80] [Comm: 4.44] [Fair: 4.63] [Reviews: 65] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $9.25/hr] [Pen: 0.01 days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 0% of 1] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$4.50
Duration: 1 hour 40 minutes
Available: 19
Description: An online survey study.
Requirements: Exc: [44722871-57637] DoesNotExist ; Inc: [19-57637] Exists ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location In US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.7

SleepComa

Drifting through the stars...
Reaction score
Anybody crack out that 20 dollar bad boy yet? I saw one review saying Inquisishit broke so not even thinking about it until I hear from another reviewer.
got a panda dear sir?!

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
Which is why the script only provides an opportunity to recall a past answer to a canned question, but doesn't force it.

My saved answers to canned questions have more thought put into them. Because I know it's the last time I'll answer how I feel about minorities, social structure, or the environment, I put a relatively large amount of thought into it. By contrast, when I'm trying to navigate through a survey quickly enough that it's worth my time, I have an inherent time pressure which influences me to put less consideration into my answers.

So IMO, if used correctly, this script is a win/win. Gives requesters better data and workers a better wage.
Its not up for debate. Moving on. It's not acceptable here and I'd appreciate the discussion of it to end.

Thanks.

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score

ur not gonna win this one my friend. please, drop it.

loki3404

So Corporate
Contributor
Reaction score

I don't really want to dissuade anyone who is willing to work on scripts for the community. I really appreciate that you're willing to put the time and effort into it. That being said a lot of those canned questions are designed to put you in a specifc mood for the rest of the study. It's not so much that the researcher wants your answer. They more want you to spend some time thinking about a certain stimuli before proceeding to the rest of the study.

http://methods.sagepub.com/reference/encyclopedia-of-survey-research-methods/n399.xml

edit: convo got killed while I was typing this. Feel free to delete.

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Personality and Emotion Questionnaires(~ 6 minutes) | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: SCC [AQJES07AIN6AI] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 3.79] [Fast: 4.93] [Comm: 4.68] [Fair: 4.96] [Reviews: 318] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $5.17/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 75% of 4] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.60
Duration: 30 minutes
Available: 1
Description: Participate in a research project on the relationships of different personality and emotions questionnaires
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Exc: [59086-58497] DoesNotExist ; Location In US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.7

Status
Not open for further replies.